• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

almost 2 year old daughter has melanoma and needs your prayers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pg2005

Feb 25, 2007
My dear friend, I just read about your little darling daughter. I hope that the prayers of me and my wife and kids helping you to manage and pass everything very well. I send you all the best for Alessandra.

LTxda

Jan 1, 2005
USA
God please listen...

God,

Please bless all the people that have verbally, privately, publicly supported the situation surrounding my daughter and please ensure they never have to go through what Alessandra and my family are currently enduring.

I'm also praying so that you can hear me on my daughter's behalf. We just met with the medical team and they were very clear, which I respect and want. Knowing she's the youngest person ever to receive the treatment is scary enough. The youngest before her, as you know, was 18 years old. According to the medical team, my daughter has a 10% chance that she might not make it through the treatment, more than a 20% chance she'll need a tube to help her breath, a significant chance that her kidneys will be damaged for life, a relatively small chance that her liver will be damaged as well and the obvious which is that she's about to go through the toughest battle of her life and literally hell. There are other dreadful side effects that I won't go into here because you already know what's to come. Although this is an experience no one would dare wish upon even their worst enemy I know that this experience/fight will help doctors and many other patients to come and I pray that you allow for the 50% chance that this will either cure her cancer or extend her life until they can cure it. I thank you for keeping me and the rest of the family strong but moreso I thank you for keeping Alessandra exceptionally strong. Even the doctors comment on her strength and resilience. The doctors told me I had a choice...we can give her something to make her comfortable and go home or we could try this treatment. You know me and what I stand for. If there is any chance, no matter the consequences, it has to be taken. As you heard me tell the doctors, we won't go down without a fight and it's time we got in a few hits and slap this cancer around a bit - better yet kill it once and for all. I know that if my daughter does make it through this that the information the doctors gathered will help countless other children and adults, but that will hold true if she doesn't make it through this as well. I'm asking to please have mercy on my daughter and extend her the gift of living on. As her father I will be by her side no matter what happens, as you are always besides your children, no matter the toll it takes on me. Either way, the cancer will understand that it "picked" the wrong family to screw with because one way or another, we're going to help doctors get one step closer to learning its weaknesses and thus towards a final cure. In your name we fight, pray and stay strong. In Jesus' name...AMEN!

http://www.supportalessandra.com

Last edited:

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus + Wiki Bureaucrat
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
God,

Please bless all the people that have verbally, privately, publicly supported the situation surrounding my daughter and please ensure they never have to go through what Alessandra and my family are currently enduring.
Thinking of Alessandra, you and your family, I truly hope that she makes a full recovery.

My son is now 18 months and he still makes me smile every day. I cannot begin to imagine how you cope seeing her in pain.

Dave

AstainHellbring

Jan 22, 2007
SLC
Hey guys Ltxda asked me to pass this on to you all: "The Doctors have said that Allessandra is too weak to continue the prodedures. The cancer had spread to her lungs colon stomach and heart. We are going home to let her pass in peace. Thank you for all your support and help through this troubling time for my family. Thank you for your future support as well."

User22

Mar 1, 2005
Hey guys Ltxda asked me to pass this on to you all: "The Doctors have said that Allessandra is too weak to continue the prodedures. The cancer had spread to her lungs colon stomach and heart. We are going home to let her pass in peace. Thank you for all your support and help through this troubling time for my family. Thank you for your future support as well."

I am so sorry... I never thought that this was going to happen...

No words, sorry...

grokdesigns

Jul 16, 2007
Chandler, AZ
Ltxda...I cannot being to imagine what you are going through. I know you must be devastated. There are no words to describe my sadness at your situation.

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
Ah... ****... I'm in shock :( I can only wish you much strength for the coming hours, days, weeks, months and even years...

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer -
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Well, damn :( Not much more I can say about that.

My thoughts are with you and your family, LTXDA.

LTxda

Jan 1, 2005
USA
this is hard for me to do...

People,

This is probably the hardest thing for me to do next to waiting for my daughter to die in my arms.

I come here only because I know the community and have worked with many of you and for many of you to better the community.

I hate to do this but if it's for my daughter I will do anything.

My daughter is too weak for the trial at the NIH. But she's strong and up and about. The tumors are growing fast and overtaking her little body. Doctors have all said, from M.D. Anderson in Houston to the NIH In Maryland, that this is the most aggressive Melanoma they have ever seen and these are world wide experts.

My point is this. We're not giving up. Those that have kids will understand. Those that don't have kids might or might not understand. I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON MY DAUGHTER and if this post makes me look stupid or weak, then you really don't understand and you have the right to stop reading this RIGHT NOW.

What I'm asking is for everyone to help me by donating money. Yes money. I'm a well off person. Those that know me know I make a good living BUT the many weeks I've spent at the hospital with my daughter and the medical bills is catching up to my pocket. I've had expenses that would blow you away, unless you're filthy rich. That said, I'm continuing to look for alternatives for my daughter WHILE SHE'S ALIVE. For the treatment at the NIH she wasn't strong enough they said but they didn't even give her a chance. We're a family of fighters and I never beg but I am begging now and will continue this fight until the very end. If you have kids i know you would do the exact same for your child, God forbid this ever happen to any of you. If you guys can help by donating just $1 or $5 or whatever, I don't care just help it would be great. I'm trying to raise money not to pay my bills but to pay for flights and hotel stays and to even talk to other doctors for alternatives that my insurance won't cover. For alternatives that the average medical doctor won't even consider. Another bottom line, they sent my daughter home to die. Well we don't die in piece nor without a fight in my family and I'm asking everyone here to help me and my daughter in this fight and am straight up asking for some sort of financial support.

Many of you have donated to improve your devices by donating to the projects our team leads up and have also donated to this great forum. I'm asking to donate to help us try and save a child's life now....my daughter's life. Call it begging, call it what you will but I won't let pride stand in the way of a possible cure for my child.

Those able and willing to help can donate via paypal by visiting http://www.supportalessandra.com

Enough said and thank you.

LTxda

Jan 1, 2005
USA
A shame to hear. Where do you live btw?
Houston. I'm going to have to fly a few places when dealing with alternative treatments. MD Anderson has done what they can. Texas Children's has done what they can and the NIH has done what they can. I need a doctor that's willing to push the envelope here and be creative to save a life.

capeli

Jun 1, 2007
Sydney
Houston. I'm going to have to fly a few places when dealing with alternative treatments. MD Anderson has done what they can. Texas Children's has done what they can and the NIH has done what they can. I need a doctor that's willing to push the envelope here and be creative to save a life.
Hey man,

I just came across this thread I don't really know what to say, but I felt compelled to post. She is such a sweet little girl and it saddens me beyond words to read this.

I'm a father of 2 myself, but I don't for a moment pretend to appreciate how devastating this must be.

I went to your website and it's obvious you love her very much. Despite the terrible situation, your pictures and comments tell me that despite her illness you can still appreciate your little girl for joy she brings to you.

I hope that joy can bring you and your family some comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone