[ALPHA][APP][ROOT][L+][v0.2 - 12/10/17] zdata: an app that makes apps use less space

Search This thread

refi64

Nov 25, 2013
refi64.com
Sad to say it did nothing for me on Galaxy S4 running optimized LOS 14.1

What app(s) did you try it on?

I can't believe it. After 2 days It decided to load the data... Thanks for your fast answer anyway!

...yeah, that's definitely not right...if you reopen it, does it still not work? Or is it loading normally now? I'm suspecting this might be a Flutter bug...

Reactions: jeebspawnshop

zentao78

Dec 9, 2016
Well, I did say X86 support was experimental...

What exactly doesn't work, and what does your logcat say?

Installer say "no compatible with your device" so not install zdata. logcat is empty.Sorry for boring you ,but Flutter engine not exist for Intel processors. I have LOS 14.1 only x86

Tech0308

Oct 22, 2016
Alfreton
Already loaded a minute and still counting for application list, running CyanogenMod 12.1 which didn't crash on startup for v0.12. On an entry level device after my s3 died:crying:

zputnyq

Apr 19, 2013
I tried v0.1.2, no crash anymore.
However, loading app list seems unable to complete, I had waited it for 5 minutes & it kept the same.
Logcat has been on github.
Thanks

Last edited:

refi64

Nov 25, 2013
refi64.com
Installer say "no compatible with your device" so not install zdata. logcat is empty.Sorry for boring you ,but Flutter engine not exist for Intel processors. I have LOS 14.1 only x86

Whoops! I just now uploaded the v0.1.3 APKs, and one of them is a debug build. That one should have the X86 libs inside. It's slower than the normal one, but it should do the trick until I figure out what's going on.

Already loaded a minute and still counting for application list, running CyanogenMod 12.1 which didn't crash on startup for v0.12. On an entry level device after my s3 died:crying:

zdata doesn't work on CyanogenMod 12...you need at least 14 (for Android 7.0) in order to work. Sorry!

zentao78

Dec 9, 2016
Whoops! I just now uploaded the v0.1.3 APKs, and one of them is a debug build. That one should have the X86 libs inside. It's slower than the normal one, but it should do the trick until I figure out

Big Thanks ! Its worked! LOS 14.1 x86 ,70 apps, load time 2sec. And it worked!

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Whoops! I just now uploaded the v0.1.3 APKs, and one of them is a debug build. That one should have the X86 libs inside. It's slower than the normal one, but it should do the trick until I figure out what's going on.

zdata doesn't work on CyanogenMod 12...you need at least 14 (for Android 7.0) in order to work. Sorry!

refi64

Nov 25, 2013
refi64.com
I'm proud to announce version 0.2!!! This release contains Android 5.0 and 6.0 support, largely thanks to GitHub user RandomTypek, who kept testing the APKs I created over and over again.

This version also contains a screen showing compression statistics for your apps! This is also the very first release to go on the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.refi64.zdata.app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS!! Do NOT use this on apps with sensitive data!! If it makes your phone light on fire, you can't complain.

This app only works on Android 5.0+ devices with ARM (and likely ARM64) processors!

zdata compresses the data used by apps to make it take less space. It's built on FUSE + fusecompress and requires a rooted device.

Features

• Reduces the space used by your apps.
    • Also, it reduces the space used by your apps.
    • Oh, did I mention it reduces the space used by your apps?
    • Sorry, I'm just trying to follow the XDA template.

Usage

• Select the app you want to compress.
    • Hit Go ahead!.
    • Hope it works!

Gotchas

• When you boot up your phone, make sure you wait for zdata to mount the app data before trying to use the app.
    • Make sure you disable zdata before uninstalling an app.
    • zdata doesn't always have a major effect, if it has an effect at all. For instance, with KHUx, it barely compressed anything, but for SAO: MD, the app usage went down from 174 MB to 138 MB.

Changelog

Code:
    v0.2.0 - 12/10/17: Add an app statistics screen, support Android 5.0 and 6.0.
    v0.1.3 - 08/18/17: Fix X86 APKs and don't assume Busybox's chmod and stat are available.
    v0.1.2 - 08/16/17: Fix running under LineageOS, better logging if android_app_info fails, and experimental X86 support.
    v0.1.1 - 08/14/17: Fix an incredibly bad bug where app data would get cleared on reboot!
    v0.1 - 08/12/17: Initial version. What did you expect?

Downloads and links

XDA:DevDB Information
    zdata, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    refi64

Version Information

Created 2017-08-13
    Last Updated 2017-12-10
    I'm proud to announce version 0.2!!! This release contains Android 5.0 and 6.0 support, largely thanks to GitHub user RandomTypek, who kept testing the APKs I created over and over again.

This version also contains a screen showing compression statistics for your apps! This is also the very first release to go on the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.refi64.zdata.app
    First off: I have just released a very important bugfix that prevents potential data loss on reboot! Make sure to download it ASAP, and then make sure you re-open the zdata app so that the internal scripts get updated!!
    Just released 0.1.3! This is a minor upgrade that mostly just has fixes for devices without stat or Busybox installed.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone