[Alpha]Gesture Launcher Version 0.1.0 Alpha(3October2009)

Search This thread

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
Gesture Launcher 0.1.0 Alpha

POLL: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=496135

If you like, you can test the preview and give me your Opinion

This Should work on any Touchscreen Device with netcf2
but i just tested it on my Kaiser

Edit the config file (cfg/gestures.cfg) like you want!
the dire7th March 2008 23:37 - added config and launcher!ctions of the gestures are like on the numpad:
Code:
7-8-9
4---6
1-2-3

Exit: Draw an "X", but it must be in one line and closed at the Top or Bottom
About: Left, Right, Left
Calculator: Draw a "C"

!!!!!
BIG Thanks to the author of this thread!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=374375
!!!!!

DOWNLOAD
http://www.scilor.com/gesturelauncher.html

7th March 2008 21:40 - Should now work on every Screen Resolution
7th March 2008 23:37 - added config and launcher!
8th March 2008 11:17 - added editable pictures (skin), exit Button, little change in gesture recognition
8th March 2008 22:25 - added Recording Icon and changed gestures.cfg to decrease memory,cpu use
3th October 2009 23:51 - Update to .net cf 3.5

Last edited:

TheDude1120

Sep 17, 2007
cant wait to see the finishes product, since i joined xda, everyone who has a touch and sees it says ay howd u get your phone to do all that :D

JDSX

Oct 9, 2007
NYC
Just so I'm clear, what kind of help are you asking for at this stage? I can help test the product but I haven't done any mobile development.

JDSX

Oct 9, 2007
NYC
All I'm after is an app that uses motion for unlocking. In the purest form it can be like the iPhone unlocker where there's a bar to slide but, unlike S2SU, the bar should be positionable and it shouldn't write over anything else on the screen. That means if you have something like SpB Mobile Shell, when your phone is locked it shows the Now screen. I would want to see the Now screen still. Here's a mockup:

IDEAWinCE.jpg

More advanced features can be things like custom-defined motions for unlocking including no visual hints which in effect will function like a password. As for functionality outside of unlocking...it doesn't really interest me because so many other applications already do that. Is there something you need tested now? When I ran it, it didn't seem like it was at that stage yet.

jomo25

Mar 1, 2005
All I'm after is an app that uses motion for unlocking. In the purest form it can be like the iPhone unlocker where there's a bar to slide but, unlike S2SU, the bar should be positionable and it shouldn't write over anything else on the screen. That means if you have something like SpB Mobile Shell, when your phone is locked it shows the Now screen. I would want to see the Now screen still. Here's a mockup:

IDEAWinCE.jpg

More advanced features can be things like custom-defined motions for unlocking including no visual hints which in effect will function like a password. As for functionality outside of unlocking...it doesn't really interest me because so many other applications already do that. Is there something you need tested now? When I ran it, it didn't seem like it was at that stage yet.
IMHO, "Invisible Lock Screen" and "Gesture to Unlock" are 2 distinct challenges. I agree it would be cool to combine the 2. But you may need to prioritize those 2 efforts.

My personal opinion would be to implement a small, very efficient gesture recognition module that generates an event based on the a successful gesture match. It would be like "Gesture 2 Action". Then others like A_C could perhaps integrate or make it an option for S2U2. With G2A, then again, it could be used to do anything - launch an app, set an alarm, disable bluetooth, etc...

The invisible lock screen would be nice also, but I think it presents entirely different challenges.

JDSX

Oct 9, 2007
NYC
IMHO, "Invisible Lock Screen" and "Gesture to Unlock" are 2 distinct challenges. I agree it would be cool to combine the 2. But you may need to prioritize those 2 efforts.

My personal opinion would be to implement a small, very efficient gesture recognition module that generates an event based on the a successful gesture match. It would be like "Gesture 2 Action". Then others like A_C could perhaps integrate or make it an option for S2U2. With G2A, then again, it could be used to do anything - launch an app, set an alarm, disable bluetooth, etc...

The invisible lock screen would be nice also, but I think it presents entirely different challenges.
I guess what I'm after is what's not available now. To start, a very simple low-impact unlock slider that doesn't override the visible screen, and to finish a custom-motion unlocker with option to hide the visible hint i.e. slider track.

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
I just uploaded a new Version Alpha 0.0.1
I little improved the gesture recognition and made it a littel bit Skinnable

Iam Primary working on a Launcher, because i dont' know how to block buttons, if iam able to do this, i will implent the Locking function