• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Alpha Release] - JustHome

Search This thread

ob_izzy

Sep 12, 2008
las vegas
hey sup ivan.... when will u release the justhome that 6.5 is making me wanna flash it to my phone now....:)... i really cant wait..

apreichner

Apr 12, 2009
So I just tried to flash my phone with another ROM that wasn't Ivan's *gasp*. And it didn't work, so I got scared for a moment, and had to hard reset. I think it has something to do with flashing under Windows 7... Or maybe Ivan has put a curse on our phones... Now we can only use his roms... Oh well, I'll wait until the next update to try to flash again.

EDIT:

Yeah it's a problem with Windows 7 I think. I just tried it on Vista and it appears fine, but on Windows 7 it is unable to find a driver after temporarily applying the superCID unlock, right before the RUU program launches. So the RUU program can't detect the device.

Last edited:

nonpaq

Jun 8, 2007
NY
Is it thursday yet? Is it thursday yet? Is it thursday yet? Is it thursday yet? Is it thursday yet? Is it thursday yet? Is it thursday yet? Is it thursday yet?

apreichner

Apr 12, 2009
Okay I'm thoroughly convinced all other ROMS not made by Ivan suck! I just tried another and I'm still checking back here every 5 minutes waiting for that update! You rock Ivan!

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
So I just tried to flash my phone with another ROM that wasn't Ivan's *gasp*. And it didn't work, so I got scared for a moment, and had to hard reset. I think it has something to do with flashing under Windows 7... Or maybe Ivan has put a curse on our phones... Now we can only use his roms... Oh well, I'll wait until the next update to try to flash again.

EDIT:

Yeah it's a problem with Windows 7 I think. I just tried it on Vista and it appears fine, but on Windows 7 it is unable to find a driver after temporarily applying the superCID unlock, right before the RUU program launches. So the RUU program can't detect the device.

Windows 7 worked fine with the Wing. Are you using Wing or Herald?

apreichner

Apr 12, 2009
Windows 7 worked fine with the Wing. Are you using Wing or Herald?

It's a T-Mobile Wing. I'm on x64 version of Windows 7, maybe that has something to do with it. Basically it connects and it flashes to a white screen like normal and it disconnects like normal, but when it tries to reconnect Windows 7 can't find the drivers. The first time I did it, I managed to get to the portion where I select the ROM by unplugging and plugging it back in during white screen, but after it attempts to reflash, I got the colorful SPL IPL screen, which scared more (because I'm sort of a newb), and I had to hard reset. I tried this four times. The other three times wouldn't detect on white screen. SO I traveled to my brothers computer which is running Vista x64, and flashing went smoothly the first time around.

I'm now running a Manilla2D ROM from Gollum which I am not too happy with. Although it is faster than OpenTouch was. I think I'll just flash JustHome whenever he posts the new build!

Last edited:

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
It's a T-Mobile Wing. I'm on x64 version of Windows 7, maybe that has something to do with it. Basically it connects and it flashes to a white screen like normal and it disconnects like normal, but when it tries to reconnect Windows 7 can't find the drivers. The first time I did it, I managed to get to the portion where I select the ROM by unplugging and plugging it back in during white screen, but after it attempts to reflash, I got the colorful SPL IPL screen, which scared more (because I'm sort of a newb), and I had to hard reset. I tried this four times. The other three times wouldn't detect on white screen. SO I traveled to my brothers computer which is running Vista x64, and flashing went smoothly the first time around.

I'm now running a Manilla2D ROM from Gollum which I am not too happy with. Although it is faster than OpenTouch was. I think I'll just flash JustHome whenever he posts the new build!

Huh. Yea I use 32-bit Windows 7, so it must be the 64-bit version that doesn't get the drivers right. I'm a newb too, lol.

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
I was too busy at work yesterday to finish JustStable. I am just uploading JustStable now, but I don't know if I'll have time to upload a JustHome (renamed from JustcHome) build tonight or tomorrow. I'm definitively gonna try, though.

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
I wish i could share my internet with you. I have a 20/20mb pipeline that is just insane.

Could you share it with me??? lol. I get slow speeds sometimes, but normally mine works for what I do.

So ivan, I'm waiting until JustHome's uploaded to flash my phone. I'm neglecting the JustStable Final ROM for now.

DestructDez1

Oct 29, 2007
mycw.info
lol slow internet makes me angry.. alot. I think everyone is waiting for JustHome to be released. I feel like im addicted to something. Its like when you drink 6 cups of coffee while waiting at the airport for your flight to be rescheduled. jittered. Im gona go lay down for a while.

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
About to upload JustHome Alpha v3.
It's slightly different than the one you guys saw, but all good. :p

ob_izzy

Sep 12, 2008
las vegas
lol its kool..wanna try it out man...see how is it...im like try to stay up for it if ever u'll make it up around an hour or 2 lol...:D