• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Alpha Release] - JustHome

Search This thread

apreichner

Apr 12, 2009
Does anyone else's comma button not work on this rom?

Comma button works fine for me... I use it all the time?

Don't suppose we'll see a better onscreen keyboard in the next ROM update, not that its important or anything.

BTW, how would one go about uninstalling the new titanium WM7TP if they decide they don't like it. Im thinking about trying it now, but I'm not sure yet if I'll like it more than the standard one.

Last edited:

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Comma button works fine for me... I use it all the time?

Don't suppose we'll see a better onscreen keyboard in the next ROM update, not that its important or anything.

BTW, how would one go about uninstalling the new titanium WM7TP if they decide they don't like it. Im thinking about trying it now, but I'm not sure yet if I'll like it more than the standard one.

You'd just uninstall it through the uninstall menu. Anything that's cooked stays in, even if you "overwrite" it with a non-cooked item.

Does anyone else's comma button not work on this rom?

If it's not working then you're using a Herald and as I mentioned, the ROM at the moment, only has the Wing keyboard driver.

I dont suppose they added anything new to the newer build that you have noticed Ivan? Or is it just a bug-fix release? I think since its alpha, they've just enhanced the API a bit, but havent really gotten down to the knitty gritty on adding touch features. A suggest for the next ROM could be an easier way of getting to the Comm Manager... But I do appreciate how you havent bogged down your ROM with added extras. The only problem that I have noticed is that if you put a password lock on 6.5 and then reset the WING, it becomes unbearably slow. I had to disable the password and reset it again. However, if you don't have to reset, the password lock seems to work great!

The comm manager can be accessed by pressing the key on the right hand side opposite to the camera button. The same key that holding down turns on the mute.
As far as it being slow, I don't know why.

As far as the 'blank' screens, it may be due to the whole new graphics sub system. I can't even use a single MUI to customize the look of the start menu without the most things going blank and the phone freaking out.

apreichner

Apr 12, 2009
You'd just uninstall it through the uninstall menu. Anything that's cooked stays in, even if you "overwrite" it with a non-cooked item.

I haven't tried out the new WM7TP, but if it isn't too much work, could you give us build updates with a normal Titanium as well?

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
I haven't tried out the new WM7TP, but if it isn't too much work, could you give us build updates with a normal Titanium as well?

Unfortunately, to use WM7TP, I have to rip appart the normal titanium. The only way it would work would be to custom make some oem packages to fill in the holes when building without WM7TP. Either way, the more I play with WM7TP, the less I like the look of it. lol

apreichner

Apr 12, 2009
Unfortunately, to use WM7TP, I have to rip appart the normal titanium. The only way it would work would be to custom make some oem packages to fill in the holes when building without WM7TP. Either way, the more I play with WM7TP, the less I like the look of it. lol

Oh I read in one of your previous posts that WM7TP was going to be added to your next build... Is this true? Or have you decided against it since you like it less?

I just tried it, I don't like it very much, I think it's too big for the Wing's screen... I do, however, like the plugins.

someeh

Aug 21, 2008
Bronx,NY
Okay, so after having this installed for a little over a week. I've noticed the ringer isn't as loud as it's suppose to be. Even the email notification sounds (anyone) I pick isn't loud enough to hear outside.

Am I the only one???

vi3tshiet

Aug 22, 2007
I'm using this rom on my wing for a couple day now and heres what I noticed, it works great! All the keys works. haha. But I kinda want to see some changes like, the sound, i feel like its not using its full potential. The JustMe rom is much more louder than this one. I would also like to see more ram on your final version of this rom. Overall this rom is great! I getting to like windows mobile 6.5. Great work! haha.

nonpaq

Jun 8, 2007
NY
Ivan, you probably should not cook wm7tp into the rom because it is still undergoing many beta changes (currently on beta6.8). Wait until it is stable before offering it. Each of the plugins are also being updated and available separately (ATContacts/Fave People, cHome editor, Titanium Weather QVGA). So unless stripping it out would cause a massive delay in releasing the next alpha build (massive delay=additional 30 minutes), then leave it out. Also, save yourself the headache of having to respond to wm7tp bug reports.

thedudejdog

Sep 22, 2008
Kansas City Mo
i have a bug.
sometimes when i'm texting the comm manager opens. so when i close the messages window the coom manager is there instead of the today screen.

it just started doing it yesterday its been about three days since my last hard-reset.
anyone else have this problem? i am aware the comm manager is the hard button on the side but i was very careful not to hit it.

jrange1

Jul 29, 2008

If it's not working then you're using a Herald and as I mentioned, the ROM at the moment, only has the Wing keyboard driver.

The comm manager can be accessed by pressing the key on the right hand side opposite to the camera button. The same key that holding down turns on the mute.
As far as it being slow, I don't know why.

As far as the 'blank' screens, it may be due to the whole new graphics sub system. I can't even use a single MUI to customize the look of the start menu without the most things going blank and the phone freaking out.

is there a reason the windows folder has 80+ mbs and is always running programs 30 mbs:
can tis be fixed

your same
jrange1
justchome with t/wing

apreichner

Apr 12, 2009
i have a bug.
sometimes when i'm texting the comm manager opens. so when i close the messages window the coom manager is there instead of the today screen.

it just started doing it yesterday its been about three days since my last hard-reset.
anyone else have this problem? i am aware the comm manager is the hard button on the side but i was very careful not to hit it.

Yeah I noticed it'll sometimes be there randomly when I close text messages. I'm not sure if using HTC Task Manager has solved it yet or not... Check the Windows task manager from time to time to see if its a running process.

jrange1

Jul 29, 2008
I didn't include the missing apps on purpose because I never include them on any of my ROMs (except for Network Wizard which I didn't include because the version that I had didn't work with wm6.5.) I never use them and therefore never see a reason for them. ^_^
The keyboard being off is because I uploaded the Wing version but not the Herald version. You probably have a herald. The ROM with that driver wasn't uploaded. Both versions will be released once I start working on this ROM (after I'm done with my other ROM.)

hey Ivan why is windows folder 84 mbs instead of the usal 50 +
bye the why did i tell i am addicted to the roms u made?

i am and was ashamed to admit it..
so there u have
i am an ivan rom flashing addict!!!!!!

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
hey Ivan why is windows folder 84 mbs instead of the usal 50 +
bye the why did i tell i am addicted to the roms u made?

i am and was ashamed to admit it..
so there u have
i am an ivan rom flashing addict!!!!!!

Not sure. Windows Mobile 6.5 is a fat little kiddo. This wasn't really meant to be a released ROM, it was released because people kept asking me to. :p There are quite a few bugs and I haven't really had time to work on them all.

jrange1

Jul 29, 2008
Not sure. Windows Mobile 6.5 is a fat little kiddo. This wasn't really meant to be a released ROM, it was released because people kept asking me to. :p There are quite a few bugs and I haven't really had time to work on them all.

thanks for the quick response
that would be the only issue i have with this version rom.
i might have to revert back to justme wing edtion has all the space i need to play with.
bye the way i love your work and keep it up.

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
thanks for the quick response
that would be the only issue i have with this version rom.
i might have to revert back to justme wing edtion has all the space i need to play with.
bye the way i love your work and keep it up.

JustMe is a stripped ROM. It's a whole different kind of monster. It has the most space out of any Herald ROM out there.