[ALPHA][ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy SL - Alpha 9

Search This thread

jaweinre

Jun 6, 2012
Believe what you want, im not having ANY benefit lying about that.
You know thers some users facing sods and backlight issues and others dont have them, so try to investigate what causing your problems and trust what people report here.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Calm down man. In that case you're very lucky ;). I thinks it's safe to say some users got better 9003s than others.

xda_emanuel

Mar 23, 2012
Really? scrolling through google maps is completely lag free and smooth for you (as in iphones or similar)? Same for camera rotation?
I find that hard to believe. Thanks man.

Calm down man. In that case you're very lucky ;). I thinks it's safe to say some users got better 9003s than others.
So go buy an iphone and dont argue here. We cant do anything about the poor hardware and the bugs present on this phone. @dhiru1602 and @loSconosciuto and @LoLaTiOn are doing the best for this phone and nobody is arguing or comparing the phone with another one. We know that this is not an iphone in terms of hardware and smoothness. Then go away of here. You are in the wrong place. If you want to post here something, try to help who is working hardly without any paid or shutup and godbless

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

Gondya bhau

Jan 28, 2012
Mumbai
So go buy an iphone and dont argue here. We cant do anything about the poor hardware and the bugs present on this phone. @dhiru1602 and @loSconosciuto and @LoLaTiOn are doing the best for this phone and nobody is arguing or comparing the phone with another one. We know that this is not an iphone in terms of hardware and smoothness. Then go away of here. You are in the wrong place. If you want to post here something, try to help who is working hardly without any paid or shutup and godbless

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

use the tag function only when needed.....now 3 devs need to read through this ****

Darktitor

May 31, 2012
Please stop flood !!!!
This is a dev topic !!! post your issue whith a log or go to the general section please guys !!

Envoyé depuis mon U8350 avec Tapatalk

latief.makhdoomi

Dec 13, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X2
I m having a problem in cm10.1 A9 I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.If some one is calling me it isn't showing up on my screen,later I get to know by the person they called me but I did not respond,but nothing appear in my received calls logs :banghead:any solution:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

Reactions: CashCarStar78

AR64SH

Nov 24, 2009
I m having a problem in cm10.1 A9 I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.If some one is calling me it isn't showing up on my screen,later I get to know by the person they called me but I did not respond,but nothing appear in my received calls logs :banghead:any solution:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

This problem is called Ghost Call! I'm almost sure that is related to LF2 rom. If the base is the LF2 rom, there is this problem!

sam_777

Nov 15, 2012
Dhaka
This problem is called Ghost Call! I'm almost sure that is related to LF2 rom. If the base is the LF2 rom, there is this problem!

I thought clean flash of DDLF2 is almost a sure success thing, but even after doing it I'm facing AV problems with cm10.2. If you have any suggestion to flash alternate rom or method, please let us know. Thanks.

AR64SH

Nov 24, 2009
I thought clean flash of DDLF2 is almost a sure success thing, but even after doing it I'm facing AV problems with cm10.2. If you have any suggestion to flash alternate rom or method, please let us know. Thanks.

I've had the same problem on CM10.1 and CM10. I think that probably the LF2 is less stable than others. Maybe, the radio is not completely compatible with kernel 3.0.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Same problem on two 9003. With LF2. No problems with other rom in the past.

Jeetu_xda

Dec 8, 2011
Error while searching for networks

Installed alpha-9 from DDLF2, a week ago as per the instructions on p-1 . Phone worked perfect for few days until yesterday. While trying to call a friend, the screen went unresponsive for a few seconds & the network was gone & never returned. The sim is working in another phone. While searching available networks 'error while searching for networks' shows.

Phone Status:

Network: Unknown
Signal Strength: 0 dBm 99 asu
Mobile network type : Unknown:0
Service state: out of service
Mobile Network state: Disconnected
My phone number: Unknown
IMEI: Unknown
IMEI SV: Unknown
IP address: Unavailable

I have no efs backup or anything. I just backed up the device while on DDLF2 from the CWM menu & copied the files onto my pc. The files are in a folder named backup>2013-09-14.18.42.26 (around 373MB).

Files are:
1. cache.rfs.tar
2. data.rfs.tar
3. datadata.rfs.tar
4. nandroid.md5
5. system.rfs.tar

I guess its the IMEI problem. Please help guys.

puppynaz

Mar 3, 2012
Mumbai
Installed alpha-9 from DDLF2, a week ago as per the instructions on p-1 . Phone worked perfect for few days until yesterday. While trying to call a friend, the screen went unresponsive for a few seconds & the network was gone & never returned. The sim is working in another phone. While searching available networks 'error while searching for networks' shows.

Phone Status:

Network: Unknown
Signal Strength: 0 dBm 99 asu
Mobile network type : Unknown:0
Service state: out of service
Mobile Network state: Disconnected
My phone number: Unknown
IMEI: Unknown
IMEI SV: Unknown
IP address: Unavailable

I have no efs backup or anything. I just backed up the device while on DDLF2 from the CWM menu & copied the files onto my pc. The files are in a folder named backup>2013-09-14.18.42.26 (around 373MB).

Files are:
1. cache.rfs.tar
2. data.rfs.tar
3. datadata.rfs.tar
4. nandroid.md5
5. system.rfs.tar

I guess its the IMEI problem. Please help guys.

I have the same issue like yours, but except my IMEI is fine.

jayyu1983

Oct 16, 2011
Copy that folder back to clockworkmode > backup and try restoring it from recovery..

Hit Thanks if I have helped you...
Sent from I9003 XDA App

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Go back to stock and see if the problem persists else do a clean install..

Sent from I9003 XDA App

Reactions: Jeetu_xda

Jeetu_xda

Dec 8, 2011
Copy that folder back to clockworkmode > backup and try restoring it from recovery..

Sent from I9003 XDA App

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Go back to stock and see if the problem persists else do a clean install..

Sent from I9003 XDA App

Have already tried to do that but not worked. Though didn't copy the backup folder to clockwordmode>backup, just placed it in the internal sd card. Tried DXKF1 & XXKPQ also. Everything works fine except the network. Now the phone says - Please insert sim. Looking for the EFS backup. I think I have found something, will post the details soon.

Jeetu_xda

Dec 8, 2011
Found a folder in the sd card named backup>efs (Size 5MB). 4 folders inside & 14 files. As I read in some other topics, the most important files are nv_data & nv_data.bin.md5 which are present in the folder. Is this anyhow useful. Please help guys, my phone is of no use now!

One more thing that I don't get is that how this problem came, as the phone was working ok for aroung 4-5 days after flashing CM 10.1 A9. May be this is a hardware problem. I don't understand.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

* PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE FLASHING THE ROM.

* REPORT BUGS IN THE TOPIC ONLY.
    * DON'T SEND ME PM MESSAGES ABOUT BUGS OR FEATURE REQUESTS.
    * ONLY REPORT THE BUGS IN CM10. I DON'T PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR OTHER ROMS. POST IN THEIR RESPECTIVE THREADS.
    * IF YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM KERNEL, FIRST CHECK WITH THE STOCK KERNEL AND THEN REPORT THE BUG.

ROM Downloads

Google Apps - Download from ROM Manager or from Here

Alpha 9 - 21082013
    Improve Performance considerably.
    Fixed Compass.
    Improvements to Display Subsystem (DSS)
    Switched to Ondemand Governor with Optimizations
    Fix SD Card detection failures.
    Fix LED Notification light for few applications.
    Other Misc Kernel Changes.
    Changes from Upstream Cyanogen.

Alpha 8 - 31072013
    Fix issues with backlight turning on and off for few users
    Fix bootimage fade away.
    Fix USB Mass Storage.
    Upstream changes.

Alpha 7 - 11072013
    Lowered power consumption during sleep.
    Fix issues with Battery Calibration
    Better CPU performance
    Bluetooth doesn't turn off when sleeping (However, Pairing and Transfer will require waking up the phone)
    Fixed issues with touchscreen not responding at times.
    Accurate Battery Temperature
    Fixed Light Sensor readings
    Updated Packet Data driver.
    Fixed USB in recovery mode.
    Enabled HW Acceleration in Webpages.

Alpha 6 - 30062013 [Wipe Recommended]
    Fixed HWComposer (Project Butter)
    Enabled Hardware Audio Encoders and Decoders
    New Touchscreen and Touchkeys driver
    Fixed issues with Third Party Camera Crashes
    Improved video recording
    Updated build fingerprint to Jellybean 4.2 (Needs Wipe)
    Power HAL for Interactive Governor
    Totally fixed screen tearing.
    Fix for phone not turning off when charger is disconnected in Charging Mode (LPM)
    Misc kernel changes.

Alpha 5 - 23062013
    Update WiFI Firmwares and Kernel Driver
    WiFi Direct Support (Experimental)
    Driver Optimizations (Fixed suspend and resume)
    Fixed issues where WiFi and SD Card wont work at times.
    Fixed incorrect battery readings on reboots.

Alpha 4 - 17062013
    New Battery driver from Galaxy Nexus
    Updated WIFI Firmwares
    Boost GUI Performance
    Few Improvements to Power Management
    Fix Flash playback
    Fix system crash with HD Videos
    Update Low Power Mode (LPM)
    Fix frequent USB Connection breaking.

WARNING: BATTERY DRIVER ON THIS RELEASE IS NOT FULLY TESTED.
    PLEASE DON'T LEAVE THE DEVICE FOR CHARGING UNATTENDED.
    ALWAYS KEEP CHECKING THE DEVICE HEAT AND AVOID OVERCHARGING.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BURNT DEVICES OR SWOLLEN BATTERIES.

Alpha 3 - 12062013
    Fixed USB Connection (MTP, ADB, Mass Storage, Tethering)
    Fixed Proximity and Light Sensors.
    Fixed Reboot.
    Fixed issues with incorrect Battery and Accelerometer readings.

Alpha 2 - 01062013
    Fixed screen tearing to some extent.
    Fixed USB Charging.
    Changes from upstream.

Alpha 1 - 28052013
    Initial Release based on 3.0.8 Kernel.

Installation Instructions

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE FLASHING!
    1. If you flash this ROM from Stock ROM, it will wipe data due to different partitioning. The device would reboot while flashing and resume again.
    2. Once on this ROM, the most effective way of going back to any other ROM would be to repartition from Odin.
    3. While converting the filesystem, your efs that has your IMEI is backed up to /emmc/backup/efs. Keep a backup on your PC just in case.
    4. Incase if you don't get a network signal, check if your IMEI and Baseband are proper. If not, go back to stock and try again.
    5. Do NOT use Odin to flash Modems. Due to different partitions, Odin will screw up your existing MTD setup.

Stock ROM
    1. Flash CWM Compatible Kernel (CF ROOT)
    2. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Any other AOSP ROM (CM7/MIUI/CM9)
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Upgrading from previous versions of CM10
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    2. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    3. Flash Google Apps.
    4. Reboot

https://github.com/teamhacksung
    https://github.com/dhiru1602

codeworkx
    sconosciuto
    Adi_Pat

• Few random crashes (?)
    • Video recording preview is slow.
    • Doesn't have wings
    • Doesn't have 4 processor cores
    I have finally purchased LG Optimus Black P970. Big Thanks to everyone who has donated.

I have received the phone yesterday and I have built CM10.1 and installed it. I started playing around with the HWComposer and testing out few stuff. After hours of debugging with the P970, I finally came to know what's the problem that was preventing HWComposer to run on Galaxy SL. I immediately made the fixes and viola! It works.

The UI is butter smooth now with almost no visible lag. The performance is same as that of P970. However, I have been facing issues with getting the HD video to work. There are some display subsystem errors and the screen turns off when a video is played. Once this issue is fixed, I will roll out the next release with HWComposer.
    Alpha 7 is out. This would be the most stable and complete release so far.
    New build of Alpha 6 is out. You could download it from the Download section.

You will never have seen your phone perform so well as that of new Alpha 6 :cyclops: