[ALPHA][ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy SL - Alpha 9

Search This thread

chongns

Aug 1, 2011
Johor Bahru
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
No offence taken.. but I want to know if I have followed the correct method?

And Ya sure, I'll try updating adb...

Sent from my fingers to your face..!

if you use -d option, you may not get enough log

Code:
-v time will include timestamps in the logcats
-d will export the complete log.
If you want to save a continuous log you can remove the -d parameter - then you need to cancel the logging process via CTRL+C.

edit:
@kishankpadiyar

ok, found your mistake, you should turn screen on and off , than take the log. :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:
Reactions: kishankpadiyar

Ottonet

Sep 13, 2012
Milan
Bluetooth and auto-brightness review

Hi all,

Tested this rom a little more, with some attention to auto brightness feature and bluetooth used in a car handsfree environment.

Auto brightness seems to be working strangely.
If tested it off plug and in preview mode, it never gives the lower and the upper limit readings.
I.e.: in a totally dark room, at night, the lower value given is around 145-148 lux.
In full daylight, the upper value is around 640-650 lux.
Don't know Anything about light, lighting and illumination, but is sounds weird to me, given that the system setting range from 7 (or is it 9? Anyway...) to 2200+ lux.
Sensitivity is good enough, though. Maybe some conversion miscalculation is undergoing here, but I do not consider this as an awful problem.

Some days ago I wrote that Bt connects promptly to my car's handsfree device. I am not so sure anymore, I had some failures, here, and now I have to determin to which extension is my fault, and wether ther rom fails or not in connecting always at tne first strike.
However, it is not difficult to make it work, if not at once, with a couple of trials.
The sound quality is variable. Has been good in some cases, very, very bad in others.
What bothered me a bit is that if I close the conversation, the phone remains hooked to the handsfree device, if it is the person I am talking with to hang up, then the connection is lost, and BT must be swiched off and on again to get connected.

------ added after some more tests -----

When you connect to an handsfree device for the first time Androirds warn you saying that "Android whants to be given the permission of reading your phone contacts". A chackmarks allows not to be asked anymore.
Well, if the "do not ask anymore" checkmark is not checked, the phone is unable to gain the connection at the end of a call (Both if it is terminated by the caller or by the receiver)
If the "do not ask anymore" checkmark IS checked, the the connection is preserved after a call.
In Italy it is forbidden to make phone calls unless an handsfree device is used.
Now I can confirm with full certainty that the feature is FULLY FUNCTIONAL and can be used with the only problem of VERY bad sound quality.

What are your experiences with these features?

Last edited:

RockIndia

Jan 12, 2012
BHUJ (Currently in PUNE)
Live Wallpaper Issue

hii after flashing a6 i was unable to play any videos and another thing is my touch was being hanged than i should do restart or leave the phone for few minutes
again touch is working
sorry for bad english

@navinash.avi Same happen to me when i use Live Wallpaper.

Did you faced the same while using the live wallpaper ?

I will try to get log for the same and will post it.

christopher2018

Jul 5, 2011
Hong Kong
Blacklight logcat

My Logcat procedure:

1. type in command in terminal:
Code:
logcat -v time -f /sdcard/logcat.txt

2. Push the lock button to turn the screen off.

3. After a few seconds, blacklight comes up.

4. After about 15 seconds, push the home button and unlock the phone.

5. ^C to terminate the logcat command

Here are two logcat extracts.

Please look into this issue, dhiru :D
Thank you for your hard work!

Attachments

• logcat_1.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 37
  • logcat_2.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 18

loSconosciuto

Nov 21, 2011
I already have plenty of logs (thanks to @poluyan_stas). I think dmesg is more appropriate for this, but it doesn't show anything useful. I had to add debug lines by myself, but still I couldn't find anything. All I know is that the backlight is automatically turned on whenever something wakes the phone through /sys/power/state. You can't avoid these wakeups since they are necessary.
I identified the cause of the blacklight issue time ago. Not exactly the cause, but it's what preventing it in stock ROMs.
Not so much ago I even posted about it here. Dhiru is aware of it, so there's no need to spam him.

If you normally have the blacklight issue, try this command
Code:
su
echo 0 > /debug/pm_debug/enable_off_mode
The issue should reappear. I'm sure it happens if you don't enable the off mode on boot.

In my opinion it's weird that some of you need the off mode enabled to keep the backlight off and that's why I've been looking for an alternative solution, but I couldn't find anything. The problem with the off mode is that it makes the kernel 3.0 unusable, unless you keep the device awake all the time.

We are not ignoring the problem, it's just very difficult for us. It took me a while to understand that the problem was the off mode.

If you don't want to miss calls because of the insensitive touchscreen: Settings > Accessibility > Home button answers call. EDIT2: obviously, we will try to fix this issue as well, there's no need to report it over and over.

As for the battery issue, I verified what @Adriian44 was saying about the discharge (not about the backlight setting), found the problem and it's now fixed. Wait for the next release.

Auto brightness seems to be working strangely.
If tested it off plug and in preview mode, it never gives the lower and the upper limit readings.
I.e.: in a totally dark room, at night, the lower value given is around 145-148 lux.
In full daylight, the upper value is around 640-650 lux.
Don't know Anything about light, lighting and illumination, but is sounds weird to me, given that the system setting range from 7 (or is it 9? Anyway...) to 2200+ lux.
Sensitivity is good enough, though. Maybe some conversion miscalculation is undergoing here, but I do not consider this as an awful problem.

You are totally right about this and I'm trying to understand what's wrong. I got the sensor working properly, but I need to connect the USB cable and then turn the sensor on :confused:

If anyone is interested, I ported the new GP2A driver to my 2.6.35 kernel to see if the driver is working as "good" as the old driver. With my changes, the sensor reports the same values of the old driver and there's no need to connect the USB cable.
The changes are here. EDIT: I'm not sure I tried the exact changes. You have to add vaux1 and vaux2 to the board code in order to use these changes. See the platform code of the old kernel.

Last edited:

rodero95

Jul 11, 2012
Hello all:
The latest changes made to the battery driver to show the right percentage, in my case, just make the device always show 100% battery percentage, until it gets to 0%, when it automatically shuts down.
Also, I'm testing some changes I've added to the atmel maxtouch driver, basically, a calibration when the touchscreen is resumed (see
this
and this). I've also seen some other possible fixes for this problem which may have to do with the issue, I'll try them if this doesn't makes things better.

EDIT: Up to now, I can confirm this code is working, as I have had some cases when the screen (due to some sweat in the hands) has started to detect false touches and become unuseable (something which happened in stock also) and, after locking and unlocking the device (something which used to work with the old driver) the touchscreen starts working OK again, so the next step is to add a key combo to launch a recalibration to avoid locking and unlocking the screen, as sconosciuto did.

Last edited:

Drizzt_Kueh

Apr 10, 2013
Known Bugs on OP

@rodero95, and @loSconosciuto, we see that you know some bugs that we are experimenting. Can you send a list to Dhiru to update the known bugs on OP? Modifying it, should decrease the repeated bug reports IMHO.
Just saying.

Last edited:

kishankpadiyar

Apr 5, 2012
Chanhassen
If you normally have the blacklight issue, try this command
Code:
su
echo 0 > /debug/pm_debug/enable_off_mode
The issue should reappear. I'm sure it happens if you don't enable the off mode on boot.

I tried this code, but i get error

Code:
sh: cant create /debug/pm_debug/enable_off_mode: permission denied

I have given SU permission, what else i have to do..? Please do tell.. thanks :)

Adriian44

Apr 13, 2013
España
I'm Sorry, the problem with the load of the battery, really, does not treat itself about the sheen of the screen, it is a problem of an excessive consumption of battery, (it is my conclusion). Why? Because when the phone does not have SIM card, when I went down the sheen of the screen, the problem was solved, but when I put the SIM card in the phone, 3G consumes already more battery and it returned the problem with the load of the battery.

Then in my opinion, the problem with the load of the battery is caused by an excessive consumption of battery. Is it possible? @rodero95 said to me that he did not have this problem. I am going to try to solve the problem with his help, if I solve the problem, I inform you about everything what I realized to solve the problem with the load of the battery. Thanks.

Reactions: Darktitor

kralin

Dec 14, 2012
Aldeanueva de san Bartolomé
Even with a clean install (kpe-ddlf-cfroot-cm10.1a6) I was suffering a terrible battery drain, and after two charging cycles things didn't make a significant difference.
After swap sd (swap sd 10.1 a6 LoLaTiOn) in recovery I get a bootloop everytime I try.
Its weird because I m using hellybean (dhiru's cm10.1 alpha6 based) and the battery drain is quite better. Is very stable and also swap sd and Pie controls works fine so I dont know.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

LoLaTiOn

Feb 2, 2012
Tours
you talk about the first Alpha version 6 I think that was replaced
I am referring to the swap that works the same way on all Rom A6 [Updated]

for the battery it is possible that the java layer changes slightly consumption but as your swap does not work I think you confused !!

Reactions: kralin

kralin

Dec 14, 2012
Aldeanueva de san Bartolomé
Ok I'll try to download again the alpha 6 ROM and flash it and see how battery goes without swapping anything and later, if swap works as it should , I'll check the battery again.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

rodero95

Jul 11, 2012
Hi all:
Just an update after a day using my changes to the touchscreen driver. The problem has completely gone, now, if the touchscreen detects some false touches, like when there's sweat on the screen or something, locking and unlocking the device solves the problem, instead of stop responding. I can fully confirm this now as it has happened several times during the day and it has always worked.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

quan815

Jul 4, 2011
Melaka
Hi all:
Just an update after a day using my changes to the touchscreen driver. The problem has completely gone, now, if the touchscreen detects some false touches, like when there's sweat on the screen or something, locking and unlocking the device solves the problem, instead of stop responding. I can fully confirm this now as it has happened several times during the day and it has always worked.

Can u make a patch for us? It annoyed me a lot.Sometimes I late reply my girl friend because of this problem then she angry me :(

Cpin0312

Mar 9, 2013
Can your backup system software through titanium pro? I can't backup it and uninstall system software

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

* PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE FLASHING THE ROM.

* REPORT BUGS IN THE TOPIC ONLY.
    * DON'T SEND ME PM MESSAGES ABOUT BUGS OR FEATURE REQUESTS.
    * ONLY REPORT THE BUGS IN CM10. I DON'T PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR OTHER ROMS. POST IN THEIR RESPECTIVE THREADS.
    * IF YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM KERNEL, FIRST CHECK WITH THE STOCK KERNEL AND THEN REPORT THE BUG.

ROM Downloads

Google Apps - Download from ROM Manager or from Here

Alpha 9 - 21082013
    Improve Performance considerably.
    Fixed Compass.
    Improvements to Display Subsystem (DSS)
    Switched to Ondemand Governor with Optimizations
    Fix SD Card detection failures.
    Fix LED Notification light for few applications.
    Other Misc Kernel Changes.
    Changes from Upstream Cyanogen.

Alpha 8 - 31072013
    Fix issues with backlight turning on and off for few users
    Fix bootimage fade away.
    Fix USB Mass Storage.
    Upstream changes.

Alpha 7 - 11072013
    Lowered power consumption during sleep.
    Fix issues with Battery Calibration
    Better CPU performance
    Bluetooth doesn't turn off when sleeping (However, Pairing and Transfer will require waking up the phone)
    Fixed issues with touchscreen not responding at times.
    Accurate Battery Temperature
    Fixed Light Sensor readings
    Updated Packet Data driver.
    Fixed USB in recovery mode.
    Enabled HW Acceleration in Webpages.

Alpha 6 - 30062013 [Wipe Recommended]
    Fixed HWComposer (Project Butter)
    Enabled Hardware Audio Encoders and Decoders
    New Touchscreen and Touchkeys driver
    Fixed issues with Third Party Camera Crashes
    Improved video recording
    Updated build fingerprint to Jellybean 4.2 (Needs Wipe)
    Power HAL for Interactive Governor
    Totally fixed screen tearing.
    Fix for phone not turning off when charger is disconnected in Charging Mode (LPM)
    Misc kernel changes.

Alpha 5 - 23062013
    Update WiFI Firmwares and Kernel Driver
    WiFi Direct Support (Experimental)
    Driver Optimizations (Fixed suspend and resume)
    Fixed issues where WiFi and SD Card wont work at times.
    Fixed incorrect battery readings on reboots.

Alpha 4 - 17062013
    New Battery driver from Galaxy Nexus
    Updated WIFI Firmwares
    Boost GUI Performance
    Few Improvements to Power Management
    Fix Flash playback
    Fix system crash with HD Videos
    Update Low Power Mode (LPM)
    Fix frequent USB Connection breaking.

WARNING: BATTERY DRIVER ON THIS RELEASE IS NOT FULLY TESTED.
    PLEASE DON'T LEAVE THE DEVICE FOR CHARGING UNATTENDED.
    ALWAYS KEEP CHECKING THE DEVICE HEAT AND AVOID OVERCHARGING.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BURNT DEVICES OR SWOLLEN BATTERIES.

Alpha 3 - 12062013
    Fixed USB Connection (MTP, ADB, Mass Storage, Tethering)
    Fixed Proximity and Light Sensors.
    Fixed Reboot.
    Fixed issues with incorrect Battery and Accelerometer readings.

Alpha 2 - 01062013
    Fixed screen tearing to some extent.
    Fixed USB Charging.
    Changes from upstream.

Alpha 1 - 28052013
    Initial Release based on 3.0.8 Kernel.

Installation Instructions

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE FLASHING!
    1. If you flash this ROM from Stock ROM, it will wipe data due to different partitioning. The device would reboot while flashing and resume again.
    2. Once on this ROM, the most effective way of going back to any other ROM would be to repartition from Odin.
    3. While converting the filesystem, your efs that has your IMEI is backed up to /emmc/backup/efs. Keep a backup on your PC just in case.
    4. Incase if you don't get a network signal, check if your IMEI and Baseband are proper. If not, go back to stock and try again.
    5. Do NOT use Odin to flash Modems. Due to different partitions, Odin will screw up your existing MTD setup.

Stock ROM
    1. Flash CWM Compatible Kernel (CF ROOT)
    2. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Any other AOSP ROM (CM7/MIUI/CM9)
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Upgrading from previous versions of CM10
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    2. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    3. Flash Google Apps.
    4. Reboot

https://github.com/teamhacksung
    https://github.com/dhiru1602

codeworkx
    sconosciuto
    Adi_Pat

• Few random crashes (?)
    • Video recording preview is slow.
    • Doesn't have wings
    • Doesn't have 4 processor cores
    I have finally purchased LG Optimus Black P970. Big Thanks to everyone who has donated.

I have received the phone yesterday and I have built CM10.1 and installed it. I started playing around with the HWComposer and testing out few stuff. After hours of debugging with the P970, I finally came to know what's the problem that was preventing HWComposer to run on Galaxy SL. I immediately made the fixes and viola! It works.

The UI is butter smooth now with almost no visible lag. The performance is same as that of P970. However, I have been facing issues with getting the HD video to work. There are some display subsystem errors and the screen turns off when a video is played. Once this issue is fixed, I will roll out the next release with HWComposer.
    Alpha 7 is out. This would be the most stable and complete release so far.
    New build of Alpha 6 is out. You could download it from the Download section.

You will never have seen your phone perform so well as that of new Alpha 6 :cyclops: