[ALPHA][ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy SL - Alpha 9

Search This thread

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
@loSconosciuto I tried this method and it is fully working. Replaced file - vold, set permissions - rwxr-xr-x, rebooted the phone. Now I'm normally connected to a computer in a mode of UMS. Thank you very much for your help! :)

It works flawesly here too.
Thanks devs for help.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

MR.Volkf

Aug 25, 2012
C:\Apktool & C:\TickleMyAndroid
Hi :) I have everything working fine! Phone is connected to a computer with no problems, it is seen internal and external memory. Normally I do any action on the files. :) Try to activate the debugging via USB.

put it on my sd card-> move to system/bin/-> set permission to rwxr-xr-x -> go to Setting -> Storage -> press Menu button -> select UMS mode -> go to developer options -> tick USB debugging -> reboot

Note: didn't work cause vold file corrupt

Last edited:

manojks256

Nov 13, 2011
Extract the file from the archive vold. :) View attachment 2153118

Thanks for sharing the file. Actually I don't know how to implement this and gone through http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1857648 which helped me

Below is the process which may help noobs like me :eek:

1. Move this file to system/bin/
2. Long press on the file to open a pop up menu
3. Tap 'Permissions'
4. Give permissions accordingly as rwxr-xr-x
5. Reboot

I tried and still I am unable to connect my mobile as Mass Storage. Please help if it works

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: maksimus0021

BassBlaster

Dec 12, 2011
Dubai
Hey guys, first of all, amazing rom! absolutely gorgeous. Thanks dhiru!

What I would like to ask is that on alpha 7 of this rom, on my device, I am experiencing that launcher performance is way better, no laggy transitions, but gaming performance has been really reduced, and scrolling in lists is like it has a low fps cap on it, compared to CM10 imo. I know this is probably not the case and i'm doing something wrong but I can't figure it out. This lag I am experiencing doesn't make sense after reading dozens of posts that say otherwise, that the phone is buttery smooth!

Subway surfers lags like it has been capped to 20fps when on CM10 I remember it use to run very fast but it did have lag in the launcher, although cm10's scroll lists did not lag. Is it something to do with what display I have on my SL? I don't have backlight issue but if the display does make a difference then it would be great if someone could give me the command to run in terminal to see my display manufacturer :highfive:

Thanks, and again thank you very much dhiru and devs for your amazing work! :good: :good: :good:

EDIT: Also if its of any use, I flashed alpha 7 straight from JPKPE with Bam 15 kernel.
EDIT2: I have Sony panel, if that is any info of use.

Last edited:

xda_emanuel

Mar 23, 2012
Yeah finally, Screen doesnt flashing anymore and the rom seems quite smooth than alpha 7. I didnt test the videorecording because i dont use it. Anyway i found a bug on alpha 7 already mentioned in another post, with wechat the videocall doesnt work properly, the camera doesnt go in preview and i asked @loSconosciuto for this. He told me that was a preview problem and he built for me a test fix for the camera, it works but with the front camera the image is in orizontal instead vertical as it should be. Please if you have time @dhiru1602 take a look on this.
https://github.com/sconosciuto/andr...mmit/19cb5f281b8f3de3f6027423e3061e87605cc8d7 Here is the fix but the front camera preview is orizontal instead vertical.
Thanks for all.

Last edited:
Reactions: maksimus0021

loSconosciuto

Nov 21, 2011
Yeah finally, Screen doesnt flashing anymore and the rom seems quite smooth than alpha 7. I didnt test the videorecording because i dont use it. Anyway i found a bug on alpha 7 already mentioned in another post, with wechat the videocall doesnt work properly, the camera doesnt go in preview and i asked @loSconosciuto for this. He told me that was a preview problem and he built for me a test fix for the camera, it works but with the front camera the image is in orizontal instead vertical as it should be. Please if you have time @dhiru1602 take a look on this.
https://github.com/sconosciuto/andr...mmit/19cb5f281b8f3de3f6027423e3061e87605cc8d7 Here is the fix but the front camera preview is orizontal instead vertical.
Thanks for all.
Most likely the app is forcing the orientation to work correctly with stock ROMs. I spent some time trying to understand why certain apps show the preview correctly and others don't, until I decompiled Skype. With Skype, everytime the preview is started, that's what I get in my logcat
Code:
W/VH_DirectDisplayRenderer(12987): setRenderParameters: rotation=[COLOR="Red"]180[/COLOR] flipHorizontally=true => m_rotation=[COLOR="Red"]180[/COLOR]
and that's what I found in the decompiled code:
Code:
      else if (Build.MODEL.equals("GT-I9003"))
      {
        Log.i("RaiderVideo", str + "for GT-I9003");
        paramConfigurations.SetValue("AndroidHardwareCameras_direct_preview_supports_orientation", "false");
        paramConfigurations.SetValue("AndroidHardwareCameras_force_ffc_orientation", "180");
        paramConfigurations.SetValue("AndroidHardwareCameras_ffc_frames_orientation_adjustment", "90");
      }
Which means: "if it's a Galaxy SL, rotate the preview".

EDIT:
Try to edit your build.prop, replacing GT-I9003 with something else. You could try with GT-I9003L, which is the south american version of the Galaxy SL, just to fool apps but yet to be able to update the ROM without worrying about assert_failed errors. Of course, if the apps also added also the I9003L, you have to set something else, but then you have to remember that if you want to update the ROM, you have to restore the original string in the build.prop, otherwise CWM won't allow you to flash it.
I look at the the updater-script better. CWM looks for "ro.product.device", so, as long as you don't change it, you'll be able to update without problems. Apps most likely will look for "ro.product.model" or "ro.product.name", change those two.
EDIT 2:
It also seems that for certain devices, such as GT-I9001, Skype looks also for the version of Android running. I guess we could ask for something similar, only stock firmwares, running Android 2.3 or older, need the rotation of the preview.

Last edited:

Drizzt_Kueh

Apr 10, 2013
Upgraded!

I've just upgraded to alpha 8. Great @dhiru1602!

Alpha 8 - 31072013
Fix issues with backlight turning on and off for few users
Fix bootimage fade away.
Fix USB Mass Storage.
Upstream changes.

Tested ok:
* Fix bootimage fade away.
* Fix USB Mass Storage.

Not previously affected:
* Fix issues with backlight turning on and off for few users

Detected bugs:
* Restarting to Recovery Mode hangs in "Restarting..." until the home button is pressed.
* Cameringo (a 3rd party camera app) crashes at start, as reported in post 866.
This is the fix.
And, as workaround, this zip can be flashed from Recovery.
Fixes from @loSconosciuto

PD: The spanish translation of File Manager app has several annonying errors (which can lead to delete files for error), does anybody know how to contact the cm devs (or translate team)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hetalk

rodero95

Jul 11, 2012
I've just upgraded to alpha 8. Great @dhiru1602!

Tested ok:
* Fix bootimage fade away.
* Fix USB Mass Storage.

Not previously affected:
* Fix issues with backlight turning on and off for few users

Detected bugs:
* Restarting to Recovery Mode hangs in "Restarting..." until the home button is pressed.
* Cameringo (a 3rd party camera app) crashes at start, as reported in post 866.
This is the fix.
And, as workaround, this zip can be flashed from Recovery.
Fixes from @loSconosciuto

PD: The spanish translation of File Manager app has several annonying errors (which can lead to delete files for error), does anybody know how to contact the cm devs (or translate team)?

Any person registered in the Cyanogenmod Gerrit code review server can push changes to the code. I'll have a look at the strings on the CMFileManager project to detect the mistranslated strings (if you could send me a DM with the problems you've seen it would be great), fix them and send them back for the CM team to revise them.

EDIT: I've already submitted the changes. See this for cm-10.1, and this for cm-10.2.

Last edited:

Drizzt_Kueh

Apr 10, 2013
EDIT: I've already submitted the changes. See this for cm-10.1, and this for cm-10.2.

Great, but you didn't change (they aren't in the xml) the untranslated strings.
Also the "Copiar aquí" instead of "Pegar aqui" isn't solved.

Edit: I've already PM you. After reading your changes, is obvious that you speak spanish... I suffered a lot trying to explain you in english what was wrong with the translation... Hating you...

Last edited:

TTMaster

Apr 8, 2013
Gandía
Any person registered in the Cyanogenmod Gerrit code review server can push changes to the code. I'll have a look at the strings on the CMFileManager project to detect the mistranslated strings (if you could send me a DM with the problems you've seen it would be great), fix them and send them back for the CM team to revise them.

Ah puesss!!
You are very fast! In no time you change a lot of things :laugh:

rodero95

Jul 11, 2012
Great, but you didn't change (they aren't in the xml) the untranslated strings.
Also the "Copiar aquí" instead of "Pegar aqui" isn't solved.

Edit: I've already PM you. After reading your changes, is obvious that you speak spanish... I suffered a lot trying to explain you in english what was wrong with the translation... Hating you...

Well, I now answered your PM before reading this hahah
And yes, I speak spanish. I'm making the changes I forgot and will push them again.
And, please, leave this here, this is an upstream problem, nothing to do with this thread, thanks :)
David.

Reactions: Drizzt_Kueh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

* PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE FLASHING THE ROM.

* REPORT BUGS IN THE TOPIC ONLY.
    * DON'T SEND ME PM MESSAGES ABOUT BUGS OR FEATURE REQUESTS.
    * ONLY REPORT THE BUGS IN CM10. I DON'T PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR OTHER ROMS. POST IN THEIR RESPECTIVE THREADS.
    * IF YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM KERNEL, FIRST CHECK WITH THE STOCK KERNEL AND THEN REPORT THE BUG.

ROM Downloads

Google Apps - Download from ROM Manager or from Here

Alpha 9 - 21082013
    Improve Performance considerably.
    Fixed Compass.
    Improvements to Display Subsystem (DSS)
    Switched to Ondemand Governor with Optimizations
    Fix SD Card detection failures.
    Fix LED Notification light for few applications.
    Other Misc Kernel Changes.
    Changes from Upstream Cyanogen.

Alpha 8 - 31072013
    Fix issues with backlight turning on and off for few users
    Fix bootimage fade away.
    Fix USB Mass Storage.
    Upstream changes.

Alpha 7 - 11072013
    Lowered power consumption during sleep.
    Fix issues with Battery Calibration
    Better CPU performance
    Bluetooth doesn't turn off when sleeping (However, Pairing and Transfer will require waking up the phone)
    Fixed issues with touchscreen not responding at times.
    Accurate Battery Temperature
    Fixed Light Sensor readings
    Updated Packet Data driver.
    Fixed USB in recovery mode.
    Enabled HW Acceleration in Webpages.

Alpha 6 - 30062013 [Wipe Recommended]
    Fixed HWComposer (Project Butter)
    Enabled Hardware Audio Encoders and Decoders
    New Touchscreen and Touchkeys driver
    Fixed issues with Third Party Camera Crashes
    Improved video recording
    Updated build fingerprint to Jellybean 4.2 (Needs Wipe)
    Power HAL for Interactive Governor
    Totally fixed screen tearing.
    Fix for phone not turning off when charger is disconnected in Charging Mode (LPM)
    Misc kernel changes.

Alpha 5 - 23062013
    Update WiFI Firmwares and Kernel Driver
    WiFi Direct Support (Experimental)
    Driver Optimizations (Fixed suspend and resume)
    Fixed issues where WiFi and SD Card wont work at times.
    Fixed incorrect battery readings on reboots.

Alpha 4 - 17062013
    New Battery driver from Galaxy Nexus
    Updated WIFI Firmwares
    Boost GUI Performance
    Few Improvements to Power Management
    Fix Flash playback
    Fix system crash with HD Videos
    Update Low Power Mode (LPM)
    Fix frequent USB Connection breaking.

WARNING: BATTERY DRIVER ON THIS RELEASE IS NOT FULLY TESTED.
    PLEASE DON'T LEAVE THE DEVICE FOR CHARGING UNATTENDED.
    ALWAYS KEEP CHECKING THE DEVICE HEAT AND AVOID OVERCHARGING.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BURNT DEVICES OR SWOLLEN BATTERIES.

Alpha 3 - 12062013
    Fixed USB Connection (MTP, ADB, Mass Storage, Tethering)
    Fixed Proximity and Light Sensors.
    Fixed Reboot.
    Fixed issues with incorrect Battery and Accelerometer readings.

Alpha 2 - 01062013
    Fixed screen tearing to some extent.
    Fixed USB Charging.
    Changes from upstream.

Alpha 1 - 28052013
    Initial Release based on 3.0.8 Kernel.

Installation Instructions

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE FLASHING!
    1. If you flash this ROM from Stock ROM, it will wipe data due to different partitioning. The device would reboot while flashing and resume again.
    2. Once on this ROM, the most effective way of going back to any other ROM would be to repartition from Odin.
    3. While converting the filesystem, your efs that has your IMEI is backed up to /emmc/backup/efs. Keep a backup on your PC just in case.
    4. Incase if you don't get a network signal, check if your IMEI and Baseband are proper. If not, go back to stock and try again.
    5. Do NOT use Odin to flash Modems. Due to different partitions, Odin will screw up your existing MTD setup.

Stock ROM
    1. Flash CWM Compatible Kernel (CF ROOT)
    2. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Any other AOSP ROM (CM7/MIUI/CM9)
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Upgrading from previous versions of CM10
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    2. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    3. Flash Google Apps.
    4. Reboot

https://github.com/teamhacksung
    https://github.com/dhiru1602

codeworkx
    sconosciuto
    Adi_Pat

• Few random crashes (?)
    • Video recording preview is slow.
    • Doesn't have wings
    • Doesn't have 4 processor cores
    I have finally purchased LG Optimus Black P970. Big Thanks to everyone who has donated.

I have received the phone yesterday and I have built CM10.1 and installed it. I started playing around with the HWComposer and testing out few stuff. After hours of debugging with the P970, I finally came to know what's the problem that was preventing HWComposer to run on Galaxy SL. I immediately made the fixes and viola! It works.

The UI is butter smooth now with almost no visible lag. The performance is same as that of P970. However, I have been facing issues with getting the HD video to work. There are some display subsystem errors and the screen turns off when a video is played. Once this issue is fixed, I will roll out the next release with HWComposer.
    Alpha 7 is out. This would be the most stable and complete release so far.
    New build of Alpha 6 is out. You could download it from the Download section.

You will never have seen your phone perform so well as that of new Alpha 6 :cyclops: