[ALPHA][ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy SL - Alpha 9

Search This thread

Siddhant Shankpal

Aug 8, 2011
Hyderabad
I am using cm10.1 alpha 8 with completely inbuilt setting. Means I havent changes any settings like freq, governer etc in rom after I flashed it :)

Okies. :) Don't know why i faced such issues. But with ondemand governor it working all good.

i take it back...battery life too seems pretty good on this rom....the second cycle gave me more than a day :good::good:

Wow! 6 hours screen on time! That too on JB? How? :confused:
I'm sure it's new battery. But my new battery gives max 4 hours screen on time on JB.
Any mods or something?!:p

Sent from my GT-I9003

Gondya bhau

Jan 28, 2012
Mumbai
So you are not facing the backlight issue any more?

Sent from my Huawei Ascend Y300!

well as i mentioned here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44207625&postcount=1381

the backlight bug is partially solved.....say 70% of the time, when i lock the screen, i dont face any backlight issue....the remaining 30%, the backlight issue appears (screen lights up) for say 40 secs - 1 min...after that it turns off ( hence the low battery drain overnight).....maybe it has something to do with deep sleep..who knows

Another observation : during calls, the backlight stays on...and the phone heats up for some reason....so that seems to draining the most battery

Asking for a fix is awkward when the issue itself is so complex :p

Wow! 6 hours screen on time! That too on JB? How? :confused:
I'm sure it's new battery. But my new battery gives max 4 hours screen on time on JB.
Any mods or something?!:p

Sent from my GT-I9003

For mods, i use Direct Inject......it is said to improve battery life but it also improves performance....so whether that counters it, i am not sure

As for why i get that much screen time, the screen on time is say 60% reading ebooks ( which is not cpu intensive)..that along with managing the brightness and using night mode while reading at night gives me 6 hours....my battery is 1 n a half year old btw

Reactions: girsarda

ndttung8487

May 14, 2013
Where people need me

Siddhant Shankpal

Aug 8, 2011
Hyderabad
well as i mentioned here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44207625&postcount=1381

the backlight bug is partially solved.....say 70% of the time, when i lock the screen, i dont face any backlight issue....the remaining 30%, the backlight issue appears (screen lights up) for say 40 secs - 1 min...after that it turns off ( hence the low battery drain overnight).....maybe it has something to do with deep sleep..who knows

Another observation : during calls, the backlight stays on...and the phone heats up for some reason....so that seems to draining the most battery

Asking for a fix is awkward when the issue itself is so complex :p

For mods, i use Direct Inject......it is said to improve battery life but it also improves performance....so whether that counters it, i am not sure

As for why i get that much screen time, the screen on time is say 60% reading ebooks ( which is not cpu intensive)..that along with managing the brightness and using night mode while reading at night gives me 6 hours....my battery is 1 n a half year old btw

Oh i see!
Also i see in ur SS that u keep ur phone in Airplane mode too, this makes the difference. Thanks for the info! :):thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9003

dragonlofd

Sep 16, 2012
navi mumbai
Dhiru should be knighted

Thank you so much for this beautiful gift of alpha 8 :)
absolutely no bugs now !!!!
You are a true master !!!
Thanks again :D \m/

abderrezak

Jan 30, 2013
NEW YORK
@dhiru1602 All bugs Has been fixed ,,

there just 3 thing to do now to have stable CM10.1 for our SL :

OC to 1.35 MHZ the best for our SL (I think the time has come)
Generally improve the camera (especially HD video record)
reboot fully functional

joe21o

Aug 14, 2012
Jakarta
@dhiru1602 All bugs Has been fixed ,,

there just 3 thing to do now to have stable CM10.1 for our SL :

OC to 1.35 MHZ the best for our SL (I think the time has come)
Generally improve the camera (especially HD video record)
reboot fully functional

I agree with abde. Our SL need cm10.1 oc kernel so it will be much smoother.The HD video record for me is working fine. Sometimes reboot to recovery didnt work.

Reactions: fastleo63

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra

venkysnathan

Mar 24, 2010
Bluetooth Car Stereo for Phone calls

Wow...u are now God for those devices also ;)

Hi Dhiru

Thanks for this awesome Rom. So far i would say this is the best ROM with battery, i have tried stock, DDLF2,DDM1 all the customs rom with those Base, i have not had a smoother better experience than Alpha 8. Thanks a lot for the good contribution. I am not sure if i can post this querry but still going to:-

I use Bluetooth for phone calls using my car stereo, this is very critical, though the BT connects, stay connected when a call is going on, the moment call ends, ti disconnects, i understand this is due to deepsleep, but if i recieve a call, the BT connection revives but get active only after 1 min or so and by the time i ahve take the call through the headset, once BT activates the call then gets transfered to the car speakers.

this is find strange, any help on this will be deeply appreciated.

thanks

venky

Hibble

Dec 14, 2012
So, with this Alpha, the 1280x720 video recording is smooth? No stuttering? I was waiting for that. Can you confirm this?

Video playback of camera recordings with HD 720p is stuttering very hard.
SD 480p is smooth, but the sound isn't synchronous to the image.

So the issue remains the same as in A7.

Problems concerning the backlight issue:
I had both backlight issues on A7, but now they are gone.
I did a clean flash in CWM, nothing else.

Last edited:
Reactions: myzzib

jutopa

Mar 2, 2011
Three nights in a row, that my phone reboot itselft in the night, leaving it connected to charger. Anyone else?

G

GuestK0094

Why Sometimes I have this in settings : . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .and sometimes that :

g42jOz3mq12EcgdKAU8H3rdxurXWQ_t0tbWVkLZYiY8
boMHgktBmY9vN5qWKBSmkJNHAMXwikgPTpgBLeJb1Y8

It's strange !

kolomparrudi

Jan 22, 2008
Hi,

I have the same issue. Reboots and shutdowns. Now my phone rebooted, checked kmsg and found ext4 error complains on /data partition. I booted inte recovery and issued e2fsck on mmcblk0p3. I hope it solve some problem.

Reactions: goestiexe

Dipu K

Aug 25, 2011
Bangalore
Backlight issue hasn't been fixed yet.

Hi Dhiru,

One more interesting observation w.r.t backlight. (I am still on A7)
- The backlight bug comes up even when I am charging a switched off phone! If I press power button, the screen switches off and after a few seconds, the backlight comes out. I am charging over USB cable from my computer.

Does that mean it has nothing to do with Android as such, but with the kernel? Let me know if you need some specific logs for this particular use case.

rgds,
Dipu.

cortesca

Jun 30, 2013
Honor View20
Honor 9X
Alpha 8 is fine although I experienced less errors with alpha 7.
I've had some reboots, last some days ago, so maybe that's not a problem.

But when using Apollo at some time it stop playing and I'm unable to play any kind of music either using other players. Play button seems to do nothing. That happen until reboots.

I will try to provide some logs

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk 2

venkysnathan

Mar 24, 2010
Bluetooth issue now solved: blueth me on

i did my own research, the bluetooth cuts off completely due to deepsleep, found an app which can enable 2 settings
1) keep bluetooth always on
2) switch on bluetooth only when a call is to made or recieved.
both these setting works beautifully and has been able to get the phone awake from the deepsleep.

the app is called "blueth me on", i have tested it to work with Alpha 8.

regards

venky

Hi Dhiru

Thanks for this awesome Rom. So far i would say this is the best ROM with battery, i have tried stock, DDLF2,DDM1 all the customs rom with those Base, i have not had a smoother better experience than Alpha 8. Thanks a lot for the good contribution. I am not sure if i can post this querry but still going to:-

I use Bluetooth for phone calls using my car stereo, this is very critical, though the BT connects, stay connected when a call is going on, the moment call ends, ti disconnects, i understand this is due to deepsleep, but if i recieve a call, the BT connection revives but get active only after 1 min or so and by the time i ahve take the call through the headset, once BT activates the call then gets transfered to the car speakers.

this is find strange, any help on this will be deeply appreciated.

thanks

venky

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

* PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE FLASHING THE ROM.

* REPORT BUGS IN THE TOPIC ONLY.
    * DON'T SEND ME PM MESSAGES ABOUT BUGS OR FEATURE REQUESTS.
    * ONLY REPORT THE BUGS IN CM10. I DON'T PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR OTHER ROMS. POST IN THEIR RESPECTIVE THREADS.
    * IF YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM KERNEL, FIRST CHECK WITH THE STOCK KERNEL AND THEN REPORT THE BUG.

ROM Downloads

Google Apps - Download from ROM Manager or from Here

Alpha 9 - 21082013
    Improve Performance considerably.
    Fixed Compass.
    Improvements to Display Subsystem (DSS)
    Switched to Ondemand Governor with Optimizations
    Fix SD Card detection failures.
    Fix LED Notification light for few applications.
    Other Misc Kernel Changes.
    Changes from Upstream Cyanogen.

Alpha 8 - 31072013
    Fix issues with backlight turning on and off for few users
    Fix bootimage fade away.
    Fix USB Mass Storage.
    Upstream changes.

Alpha 7 - 11072013
    Lowered power consumption during sleep.
    Fix issues with Battery Calibration
    Better CPU performance
    Bluetooth doesn't turn off when sleeping (However, Pairing and Transfer will require waking up the phone)
    Fixed issues with touchscreen not responding at times.
    Accurate Battery Temperature
    Fixed Light Sensor readings
    Updated Packet Data driver.
    Fixed USB in recovery mode.
    Enabled HW Acceleration in Webpages.

Alpha 6 - 30062013 [Wipe Recommended]
    Fixed HWComposer (Project Butter)
    Enabled Hardware Audio Encoders and Decoders
    New Touchscreen and Touchkeys driver
    Fixed issues with Third Party Camera Crashes
    Improved video recording
    Updated build fingerprint to Jellybean 4.2 (Needs Wipe)
    Power HAL for Interactive Governor
    Totally fixed screen tearing.
    Fix for phone not turning off when charger is disconnected in Charging Mode (LPM)
    Misc kernel changes.

Alpha 5 - 23062013
    Update WiFI Firmwares and Kernel Driver
    WiFi Direct Support (Experimental)
    Driver Optimizations (Fixed suspend and resume)
    Fixed issues where WiFi and SD Card wont work at times.
    Fixed incorrect battery readings on reboots.

Alpha 4 - 17062013
    New Battery driver from Galaxy Nexus
    Updated WIFI Firmwares
    Boost GUI Performance
    Few Improvements to Power Management
    Fix Flash playback
    Fix system crash with HD Videos
    Update Low Power Mode (LPM)
    Fix frequent USB Connection breaking.

WARNING: BATTERY DRIVER ON THIS RELEASE IS NOT FULLY TESTED.
    PLEASE DON'T LEAVE THE DEVICE FOR CHARGING UNATTENDED.
    ALWAYS KEEP CHECKING THE DEVICE HEAT AND AVOID OVERCHARGING.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BURNT DEVICES OR SWOLLEN BATTERIES.

Alpha 3 - 12062013
    Fixed USB Connection (MTP, ADB, Mass Storage, Tethering)
    Fixed Proximity and Light Sensors.
    Fixed Reboot.
    Fixed issues with incorrect Battery and Accelerometer readings.

Alpha 2 - 01062013
    Fixed screen tearing to some extent.
    Fixed USB Charging.
    Changes from upstream.

Alpha 1 - 28052013
    Initial Release based on 3.0.8 Kernel.

Installation Instructions

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE FLASHING!
    1. If you flash this ROM from Stock ROM, it will wipe data due to different partitioning. The device would reboot while flashing and resume again.
    2. Once on this ROM, the most effective way of going back to any other ROM would be to repartition from Odin.
    3. While converting the filesystem, your efs that has your IMEI is backed up to /emmc/backup/efs. Keep a backup on your PC just in case.
    4. Incase if you don't get a network signal, check if your IMEI and Baseband are proper. If not, go back to stock and try again.
    5. Do NOT use Odin to flash Modems. Due to different partitions, Odin will screw up your existing MTD setup.

Stock ROM
    1. Flash CWM Compatible Kernel (CF ROOT)
    2. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Any other AOSP ROM (CM7/MIUI/CM9)
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Upgrading from previous versions of CM10
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    2. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    3. Flash Google Apps.
    4. Reboot

https://github.com/teamhacksung
    https://github.com/dhiru1602

codeworkx
    sconosciuto
    Adi_Pat

• Few random crashes (?)
    • Video recording preview is slow.
    • Doesn't have wings
    • Doesn't have 4 processor cores
    I have finally purchased LG Optimus Black P970. Big Thanks to everyone who has donated.

I have received the phone yesterday and I have built CM10.1 and installed it. I started playing around with the HWComposer and testing out few stuff. After hours of debugging with the P970, I finally came to know what's the problem that was preventing HWComposer to run on Galaxy SL. I immediately made the fixes and viola! It works.

The UI is butter smooth now with almost no visible lag. The performance is same as that of P970. However, I have been facing issues with getting the HD video to work. There are some display subsystem errors and the screen turns off when a video is played. Once this issue is fixed, I will roll out the next release with HWComposer.
    Alpha 7 is out. This would be the most stable and complete release so far.
    New build of Alpha 6 is out. You could download it from the Download section.

You will never have seen your phone perform so well as that of new Alpha 6 :cyclops: