[ALPHA][ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy SL - Alpha 9

Search This thread

Drizzt_Kueh

Apr 10, 2013
Hello @dhiru1602:

I've got the following problem. I've been monitoring it since previous versions of this rom.
After a reboot or off/on, the first sms I've send never reach destination. Also, some of the later sms aren't received.

But, to be honest, in Argentina the mobile service providers are, all of them, terrible. So, I'm not even sure if this problem is caused by the device, the rom or the service provider itself.
Somebody else is suffering similar problems with this rom? There is some log/s to attach to help identifying the root cause?

Found no such issue. If you have any specific issues, you will have to post a log or there would be no fix. Don't expect others to post a log on your behalf.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I believe it was caused by my terrible english. I wasn't expecting for others to post logs for my problem. I was just asking which log shall I post. Logcat, Radio logcat, kernel? Also, i was asking to somebody else with the same problem, just to know if i was the only one with the problem.

I was looking deeper into this problem and I've found that not all the sms won't reach destination. Some sms did arrive, but they didn't generate the delivery report. Other sms, actually, didn't arrived. Also, the greatest part of the sms receive the delivery report and did arrive.

I'm attaching a logcat and a radio logcat. After the latest reboot, I've sent two sms. Both of them DID arrive. But the first one didn't receive the delivery report.
This logs are useful?

I have seen, as in previous releases, more than two unexpected reboots by day.
I'm attaching the last_kmsg of the last one.

An extract of it:

[ 2976.956207] Kernel panic - not syncing: EXT4-fs (device mmcblk0p3): panic forced after error
[ 2976.958862] Rebooting in 1 seconds..

Do you have any really large files in your SD Card? What triggered this reboot?

The largest file in the SD card is this ROM recovery zip file. About the trigger, i have no idea. The phone was alone and, if i'm not wrong, plugged to the charger. But it was alone.

So, I'm feeling like a really uncomfortable pain in the ass today.
I'm attaching a picture of my SL with the infamous colour stripes bug wich was several times reported.
The stripes appears some times when the phone is plugged to a charger a time after reaching the 100% of the battery capacity.
Also, i've attached the last_kmsg log.

What happens with you press the power button a couple of times? Also, which panel is your device having?

In that state, if I trigger the power button the screen goes on and off normally, but when is powered on again it displays the same stripes again. My device's panel is 0: Sony.

Thank you!

Attachments

• sms_logcat_radio.log.txt
    306.4 KB · Views: 7
  • sms_logcat.log.txt
    376.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: mehran 92

Gondya bhau

Jan 28, 2012
Mumbai
any1 else face this kind of issue ??

while on heavy load( eg. real racing 3) , if the screen times out or is switched off...occasionally the screen wont turn on again...it just stays off......pressing the home button or unlock button just turned the backlight on for me for a sec or 2 ( ie. the phone is on) and then the backlight turns off again....this issue lasted for a minute or two after which the phone soft rebooted ( reboot from cyanogenmod loading screen ).......

to add to that, i had frozen "fused location" with TB before that which didnt go too well with the phone....so that soft reboot went into a boot loop....restoring a backup before that freeze stopped the bootloop..the weird sleep issue however persists...any fix would be great

sam_777

Nov 15, 2012
Dhaka
Yes. TB while doing backup/restore for a long time it is doing the same.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

n1v4

Mar 13, 2009

while on heavy load( eg. real racing 3) , if the screen times out or is switched off...occasionally the screen wont turn on again...it just stays off......pressing the home button or unlock button just turned the backlight on for me for a sec or 2 ( ie. the phone is on) and then the backlight turns off again....this issue lasted for a minute or two after which the phone soft rebooted ( reboot from cyanogenmod loading screen ).......

I am facing this "problem" also. But for me it is appearing in normal usage once or twice a week. After having this problem i have to reboot twice (after the first boot the phone is not usable) and the problem is solved until the next time.

And my phone is getting laggier from day to day until the above mentioned reboots were completed.

But in General: WOW. Alpha 9 is the best Custom ROM i have ever installed! :good::good::good:

Regards N1v4

Siddhant Shankpal

Aug 8, 2011
Hyderabad

to add to that, i had frozen "fused location" with TB before that which didnt go too well with the phone....so that soft reboot went into a boot loop....restoring a backup before that freeze stopped the bootloop..the weird sleep issue however persists...any fix would be great

Yeah..i guess I've mentioned this issue before.
It happens with my SL too with little heavier apps. I think it happens coz of ram consumption. If this issue is solved then it really would be great for SL user.

Sent from my GT-I9003

mehran 92

Oct 24, 2012
Hello @dhiru1602:

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I believe it was caused by my terrible english. I wasn't expecting for others to post logs for my problem. I was just asking which log shall I post. Logcat, Radio logcat, kernel? Also, i was asking to somebody else with the same problem, just to know if i was the only one with the problem.

I was looking deeper into this problem and I've found that not all the sms won't reach destination. Some sms did arrive, but they didn't generate the delivery report. Other sms, actually, didn't arrived. Also, the greatest part of the sms receive the delivery report and did arrive.

I'm attaching a logcat and a radio logcat. After the latest reboot, I've sent two sms. Both of them DID arrive. But the first one didn't receive the delivery report.
This logs are useful?

The largest file in the SD card is this ROM recovery zip file. About the trigger, i have no idea. The phone was alone and, if i'm not wrong, plugged to the charger. But it was alone.

In that state, if I trigger the power button the screen goes on and off normally, but when is powered on again it displays the same stripes again. My device's panel is 0: Sony.

Thank you!
I have same problem with cm10 qwerty

Last edited:

Darktitor

May 31, 2012
Hi :)
For problem about sms you can check your modem :)
If after switch to the modem of your country it still does get better... Ask here and maybe a rom issue

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk 4

Reactions: maksimus0021

maksimus0021

Oct 13, 2012
Kharkov
Samsung Galaxy A53
Alpha 9 - SMS problem

Hi :)
For problem about sms you can check your modem :)
If after switch to the modem of your country it still does get better... Ask here and maybe a rom issue

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk 4
Hi. :)
Yes, I had a problem with sending SMS (modem DDLE1). I replaced the modem.bin and put from XXLE4 (used in my country). Now errors with sending SMS I have not. Thank you. :)

Reactions: Mercedec777

jutopa

Mar 2, 2011
Bootloop

Recieved a whatsapp, and phone rebooted. And it get stuck in bootloop. Take off the battery, and try for 20 minutes, and still on bootloop. Try cleaning dalvix cache. It boot. When It stoppep "Optimizing Apps for Android (sorry don't know how it exactly says in English, my phone is in spanish) it rebooted again. And now in bootloop again.

Will try flashing the rom again. But, what the **** is happening?

msdl

Sep 28, 2012
I have been using this rom for three days now and every night I connect the charger and go to sleep , but when I wake up in the morning I always find my phone turned off
Thats mean there's something wrong happen when battery fully charged and charger still connected (( I guess ))

jutopa

Mar 2, 2011
I have been using this rom for three days now and every night I connect the charger and go to sleep , but when I wake up in the morning I always find my phone turned off
Thats mean there's something wrong happen when battery fully charged and charger still connected (( I guess ))

Same here. It happens all the time

dobodu

Mar 16, 2010
Nantes
Huawei P10
Sony Xperia XZ3
The stripes appears some times when the phone is plugged to a charger a time after reaching the 100% of the battery capacity.

Hi guys, i confirm i got exactly the same issue with my wife galaxy s running alpha 9. She tells me that those ugly stripes appear when connecting or disconnecting the charger. As she's not friendly with android bug report i can't submit any report but the bug seems to appear quite often (about 1 or 2 times a week) and there's no more things installed but rom basic stuff and google stuff.
Hope it helps !

Envoyé depuis mon Xperia S en utilisant Tapatalk 4

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
CM 10.1A9 and FM Radio: is working or not? I suppose is not implemented yet, because on my device I cannot obtain sound (Spirit FM UL). I tried several settings, but no avail...

I used SpiritFm with cm10.1 all alpha versions and no problem with it.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: fastleo63

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks! But can you tell me what "Settings" > "Audio Method" did you choose, to make SpiritFM audio work?
Many thanks,
L.

I allways use this version and no problem.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1378138801553.jpg
    1378138801553.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Reactions: fastleo63

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

* PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE FLASHING THE ROM.

* REPORT BUGS IN THE TOPIC ONLY.
    * DON'T SEND ME PM MESSAGES ABOUT BUGS OR FEATURE REQUESTS.
    * ONLY REPORT THE BUGS IN CM10. I DON'T PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR OTHER ROMS. POST IN THEIR RESPECTIVE THREADS.
    * IF YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM KERNEL, FIRST CHECK WITH THE STOCK KERNEL AND THEN REPORT THE BUG.

ROM Downloads

Google Apps - Download from ROM Manager or from Here

Alpha 9 - 21082013
    Improve Performance considerably.
    Fixed Compass.
    Improvements to Display Subsystem (DSS)
    Switched to Ondemand Governor with Optimizations
    Fix SD Card detection failures.
    Fix LED Notification light for few applications.
    Other Misc Kernel Changes.
    Changes from Upstream Cyanogen.

Alpha 8 - 31072013
    Fix issues with backlight turning on and off for few users
    Fix bootimage fade away.
    Fix USB Mass Storage.
    Upstream changes.

Alpha 7 - 11072013
    Lowered power consumption during sleep.
    Fix issues with Battery Calibration
    Better CPU performance
    Bluetooth doesn't turn off when sleeping (However, Pairing and Transfer will require waking up the phone)
    Fixed issues with touchscreen not responding at times.
    Accurate Battery Temperature
    Fixed Light Sensor readings
    Updated Packet Data driver.
    Fixed USB in recovery mode.
    Enabled HW Acceleration in Webpages.

Alpha 6 - 30062013 [Wipe Recommended]
    Fixed HWComposer (Project Butter)
    Enabled Hardware Audio Encoders and Decoders
    New Touchscreen and Touchkeys driver
    Fixed issues with Third Party Camera Crashes
    Improved video recording
    Updated build fingerprint to Jellybean 4.2 (Needs Wipe)
    Power HAL for Interactive Governor
    Totally fixed screen tearing.
    Fix for phone not turning off when charger is disconnected in Charging Mode (LPM)
    Misc kernel changes.

Alpha 5 - 23062013
    Update WiFI Firmwares and Kernel Driver
    WiFi Direct Support (Experimental)
    Driver Optimizations (Fixed suspend and resume)
    Fixed issues where WiFi and SD Card wont work at times.
    Fixed incorrect battery readings on reboots.

Alpha 4 - 17062013
    New Battery driver from Galaxy Nexus
    Updated WIFI Firmwares
    Boost GUI Performance
    Few Improvements to Power Management
    Fix Flash playback
    Fix system crash with HD Videos
    Update Low Power Mode (LPM)
    Fix frequent USB Connection breaking.

WARNING: BATTERY DRIVER ON THIS RELEASE IS NOT FULLY TESTED.
    PLEASE DON'T LEAVE THE DEVICE FOR CHARGING UNATTENDED.
    ALWAYS KEEP CHECKING THE DEVICE HEAT AND AVOID OVERCHARGING.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BURNT DEVICES OR SWOLLEN BATTERIES.

Alpha 3 - 12062013
    Fixed USB Connection (MTP, ADB, Mass Storage, Tethering)
    Fixed Proximity and Light Sensors.
    Fixed Reboot.
    Fixed issues with incorrect Battery and Accelerometer readings.

Alpha 2 - 01062013
    Fixed screen tearing to some extent.
    Fixed USB Charging.
    Changes from upstream.

Alpha 1 - 28052013
    Initial Release based on 3.0.8 Kernel.

Installation Instructions

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE FLASHING!
    1. If you flash this ROM from Stock ROM, it will wipe data due to different partitioning. The device would reboot while flashing and resume again.
    2. Once on this ROM, the most effective way of going back to any other ROM would be to repartition from Odin.
    3. While converting the filesystem, your efs that has your IMEI is backed up to /emmc/backup/efs. Keep a backup on your PC just in case.
    4. Incase if you don't get a network signal, check if your IMEI and Baseband are proper. If not, go back to stock and try again.
    5. Do NOT use Odin to flash Modems. Due to different partitions, Odin will screw up your existing MTD setup.

Stock ROM
    1. Flash CWM Compatible Kernel (CF ROOT)
    2. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Any other AOSP ROM (CM7/MIUI/CM9)
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
    4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
    6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
    7. Flash Google Apps.
    8. Reboot

Upgrading from previous versions of CM10
    1. Reboot to Recovery.
    2. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
    3. Flash Google Apps.
    4. Reboot

https://github.com/teamhacksung
    https://github.com/dhiru1602

codeworkx
    sconosciuto
    Adi_Pat

• Few random crashes (?)
    • Video recording preview is slow.
    • Doesn't have wings
    • Doesn't have 4 processor cores
    I have finally purchased LG Optimus Black P970. Big Thanks to everyone who has donated.

I have received the phone yesterday and I have built CM10.1 and installed it. I started playing around with the HWComposer and testing out few stuff. After hours of debugging with the P970, I finally came to know what's the problem that was preventing HWComposer to run on Galaxy SL. I immediately made the fixes and viola! It works.

The UI is butter smooth now with almost no visible lag. The performance is same as that of P970. However, I have been facing issues with getting the HD video to work. There are some display subsystem errors and the screen turns off when a video is played. Once this issue is fixed, I will roll out the next release with HWComposer.
    Alpha 7 is out. This would be the most stable and complete release so far.
    New build of Alpha 6 is out. You could download it from the Download section.

You will never have seen your phone perform so well as that of new Alpha 6 :cyclops: