[ALPHA][ROM][4.3] CyanogenMod 10.2 for Samsung Galaxy SL - Alpha 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

blala

Sep 15, 2011
The bug i reported with power management doesn't occur with alpha 1, so it looks like a regression to me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

dragonlofd

Sep 16, 2012
navi mumbai
bug report

using alpha4 thank you dhiru for your hard work.
can anyone look at the logcat and tell me why ingress is not working.
it crashes instantly when its clicked.

Attachments

• ingress.txt
    19.9 KB · Views: 30

loneagl

Mar 31, 2012
lost city of Atlanta
I just flashed alpha 4 and I cannot get cellular network.. And the weird thing is I can still use 3g , but can't make calls. the network bars are full but the quick panel says 'emergency calls only'. Another thing is the imei is all messed up. Starts with '00....' I am sure on stock it started with '3'.
EDIT - On stock everything works fine; again reflashed a4 and still the same error.. Downloaded lots of apps over 3g but can't make a single call nor send a msg.
Help please?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

shaktishekhar

Apr 10, 2012
Mumbai
sgatechwork.blogspot.in
How to odex this rom Properly

How to re - odex this rom Properly please any one help...

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

autobrightness value lux is not properly set I guess because its hardly noticeable that auto brightness is working and at the dark time night time the brightness is still high please give the manual option to edit the value or els fix it or give some ideas

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
  • Jan 3, 2013
    Palma de Mallorca
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    How to re - odex this rom Properly please any one help...

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

autobrightness value lux is not properly set I guess because its hardly noticeable that auto brightness is working and at the dark time night time the brightness is still high please give the manual option to edit the value or els fix it or give some ideas

For deodex search here in xda for an app "odex-me" or you can easily use lucky patcher apk for do that thing.

shaktishekhar

Apr 10, 2012
    Mumbai
    sgatechwork.blogspot.in
    For deodex search here in xda for an app "odex-me" or you can easily use lucky patcher apk for do that thing.

ya I got that the auto light issue is fixed now I got the lux settings under brightness panel but when I odex the rom with titanium backup o lucky pather or universal odexer first of all titanium bkp or LP only odex system/app not framework.jars it dosnt change bootclassspath any ways I got the script to do it my rom is odex now fully but am always getting the message when ever I reboot that android is upgrading starting apps where as in logcat it is not creating any delvik cache still all the time it show starting apps after boot screen why any 1 any idea

xglspyxgl

Aug 2, 2011
    Yalova
    Hey guys! I'm sorry if this is an annoying question.

Not to make it too long i'll summarize my problem.

I had lost my imei once and i was able to get it back with 9 steps to get your imei back thread but now it doesn't work. When i dial *#06# it's BLANK. No Numbers or 0049 just IMEI and okay button. I have a backup but copying it back to Efs didn't work. I dont have an "insane chip" It's normal as brickbug checker app says. I went to a phone shop they couldn't fix my problem with z3x and stuff like that. Samsung service center wanted 175$ for motherboard replacement so i refused that it's too much for a 2 year old device. So yeah, is there any way for me to take it back to normal? 'Cuz i can't afford a new phone and they're all very expensive in Turkey 'cuz of dumb taxes Turkey has.

Hope to find a solution. Peace out! :)

ps. I did Template and restore script which Dhiru told me to do. But it didn't solve the problem.

ps. If this is an emmc problem is there any way to do some repartition to it?

Ps. Today i've flashed DDLF2 and i saw that it rebooted to recovery and there was an error which says "Cannot mount /efs" I hope you guys can give me some tips to solve this..

resetez

Apr 25, 2013
    Oradea
    www.longplay.ro
    Hey guys! I'm sorry if this is an annoying question.

Not to make it too long i'll summarize my problem.

I had lost my imei ..

Ps. Today i've flashed DDLF2 and i saw that it rebooted to recovery and there was an error which says "Cannot mount /efs" I hope you guys can give me some tips to solve this..

Try to flash again DDLF2 with the sim inserted in phone.

deDante

Apr 15, 2013
    Samarinda
    Didn't work :/

flashing this ROM a week ago with this method :

1. full wipe on recovery
    2. flash full DDLF 2
    3. flash DDLF2 CFRoot
    4. full wipe on recovery
    5. flash REMICS-JB 4.2.2
    6. full wipe on recovery
    7. flash this ROM
    8. flash GApps
    9. done

its works fine, IMEI OK, signal OK, wifi OK, BT OK, audio OK, video OK, camera OK, etc... next will try CM11...

thanx dhiru for you great work...

msasm

May 24, 2006
    Help required

I updated my SL - i9003 to Jelly Bean 4.3 ... Everything went smoothly ... The one error I am receiving is it is unable to connect to any mobile network. It gives "error scanning network" ... Is not connecting with my provider ... The IMEI and Baseband are intact ... Please help me resolve this problem. PLEASE!!!

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
    May 11, 2011
    Solapur, Maharashtra
    Settings > Display & lights > check.. Screen off animation

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

Its not working on alpha 4 rom. I have already marked it but screen off animation is not working. Also how to turn off touch LED?? It gets ON on every touch to screen.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

In A4 the LEDs can be turned off in settings-buttons-backlight, so LEDs won't turn on whenever u touch the screen.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

Touch LED gets completely off.

imD.1

Aug 9, 2013
    New Delhi
    Originally Posted by imD.1<br />
    Settings > Display & lights > check.. Screen off animation<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Its not working on alpha 4 rom. I have already marked it but screen off animation is not working. Also how to turn off touch LED?? It gets ON on every touch to screen.<font color="Silver"><br />
    <br />
    ---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------<br />
    <br />
    </font>
    Originally Posted by ageback<br />
    In A4 the LEDs can be turned off in settings-buttons-backlight, so LEDs won't turn on whenever u touch the screen.<br />
    <br />
    Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium
    <br />
    <br />
    Touch LED gets completely off.
    I myself tried to turn the CRT animation on but it was not working. Sorry, someone had asked and i told the way to do so but didnt knew that it doesnt work.
    I had enabled it in cm10 but then after some time disabled it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
      #include 
      /*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
       */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT!

* PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE FLASHING THE ROM.

Bug Reports
      * REPORT BUGS IN THE TOPIC ONLY.
      * DON'T SEND ME PM MESSAGES ABOUT BUGS OR FEATURE REQUESTS.
      * ONLY REPORT THE BUGS IN CM10.2. I DON'T PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR OTHER ROMS. POST IN THEIR RESPECTIVE THREADS.
      * IF YOU ARE ON A CUSTOM KERNEL, FIRST CHECK WITH THE STOCK KERNEL AND THEN REPORT THE BUG.

Downloads
      ROM Downloads

Google Apps - Download from ROM Manager or from Here

Changelog
      Alpha 4 - 11082013
      Upstream CyanogenMod changes.

Alpha 3 - 10042013
      Fixed random reboots
      Bluetooth pairing and AVRCP fixed during sleep.
      Cleaned up proprietary files.
      Few kernel changes.

Alpha 2 - 09242013
      Numerous changes and fixes.
      Please refer to the Github commit history.

Initial Release based on 3.0.8 Kernel.
      Alpha 1 - 09042013
      Initial Release based on 3.0.8 Kernel.

Installation Instructions

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE FLASHING!
      1. If you flash this ROM from Stock ROM, it will wipe data due to different partitioning. The device would reboot while flashing and resume again.
      2. Once on this ROM, the most effective way of going back to any other ROM would be to repartition from Odin.
      3. While converting the filesystem, your efs that has your IMEI is backed up to /emmc/backup/efs. Keep a backup on your PC just in case.
      4. Incase if you don't get a network signal, check if your IMEI and Baseband are proper. If not, go back to stock and try again.
      5. Do NOT use Odin to flash Modems. Due to different partitions, Odin will screw up your existing MTD setup.

Stock ROM
      1. Flash CWM Compatible Kernel (CF ROOT)
      2. Reboot to Recovery.
      3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
      4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
      5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
      6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
      7. Flash Google Apps.
      8. Reboot

Any other AOSP ROM (CM7/MIUI/CM9)
      1. Reboot to Recovery.
      3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
      4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
      5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
      6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
      7. Flash Google Apps.
      8. Reboot

Upgrading from previous versions of CM10
      1. Reboot to Recovery.
      2. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
      3. Flash Google Apps.
      4. Reboot

https://github.com/dhiru1602

codeworkx
      sconosciuto
      Adi_Pat
      Known Issues

• Few random crashes (?)
      • Video recording preview is slow.
      • Doesn't have wings
      • Doesn't have 4 processor cores
      Alpha 2 is out. Contains several fixes and changes which mostly come from loSconosciuto. We are working on a common code.

Please report bugs.
      Alpha 3 is out. Fixed random SODs to a large extent.

@dhiru1602
      Sir!! Are you still working on a fix for the blacklight issue??

Been waiting patiently for the fix, for so long. And will patiently wait furthermore...

I cant use the rom because of that issue. And planning to switch to a newer phone, which aint an easy decision.

Please put some light on the situation of the issue?

Still working on it. It's really hard to fix something without being able to replicate it.
      I have this problem. The night, I switch off the phone and connect the charger. The morning, when I switch on the phone I have a bootloop. After restart (press and hold the power button) the phone boot normally. I attached the last_kmsg

This doesn't seem to be a kernel crash from the last_kmsg. Should have uploaded a logcat instead.

Yesterday, my phone sudden reboots while I was looking at facebook.

Last_kmsg just in case this is related with our ROM.

Thanks

Memory Management issues. Working on it.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone