Alpha ROM (AOSP Android 11)

Search This thread

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9
Huawei P9 Lite
New Android 11 GSI ROM based on Phhusson's AOSP . Really good, stable enough to be used as your daily driver. No major bugs. Preinstalled SuperUser, Android Auto, smart "Keep Notes" etc...

Bored during quarantine? Try this great ROM! :)
Note: Tested on 9.1.0.132.

Credits: @berkay-gsi

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 9.1, with stock recovery.
IMPORTANT! Before booting up the ROM, you will need to perform a factory reset in stock recovery!

1. Download system-alpha ROM
ROM
2. Extract the .img file from the compressed file.
3. Flash extracted system.img from fastboot , use command
fastboot flash system (file_name).img
4. Run command 'fastboot reboot', unplug your phone, when on the screen appears yellow warning, press and hold for 3 sec Volume Up . In eRecovery select 'Wipe data/factory reset'. Reboot .

NFC:

- Download NFC Patch
- Install
TWRP
over eRecovery (it makes things easier) - follow this
guide
- In TWRP unmount all except SD Card , Vendor and System (unmount and mount again)
- Flash nfc_universal_patch.zip
- From TWRP menu reboot into recovery and perform factory reset .

Note: you can flash NFC patch before booting up the ROM
How?

Tip: use "Simple Gallery"
download

Enjoy ! ;)

Screenshot_20210208-073646.pngScreenshot_20210208-082619.pngScreenshot_20210208-072810.pngScreenshot_20210208-072831.pngScreenshot_20210208-072838.pngScreenshot_20210208-071632.pngScreenshot_20210208-081930.pngScreenshot_20210208-081938.png

CrystalCase

Jan 8, 2018

Thanks for the information! I do not want to break anything so I would like to follow a more detailed 'tutorial'. I did search for some, but I am not sure which I can use to install this particular rom. Is there one you can recommend? Like somthing for beginners?

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9
Huawei P9 Lite
Thanks for the information! I do not want to break anything so I would like to follow a more detailed 'tutorial'. I did search for some, but I am not sure which I can use to install this particular rom. Is there one you can recommend? Like somthing for beginners?
No flashing instructions for beginners are offered, sorry. If you're here in this section, you should know what you're doing. More detailed guide can be found here and here .
Read the instructions carefully and completely, check unfamiliar terminology by google or xda.
The instructions do not perform, if you do not know what you're doing.
P.S.: keep in mind, that this ROM is rooted with build-in SuperUser , and you cannot turn off SuperUser!

CrystalCase

Jan 8, 2018
No flashing instructions for beginners are offered, sorry. If you're here in this section, you should know what you're doing. More detailed guide can be found here and here .
Read the instructions carefully and completely, check unfamiliar terminology by google or xda.
The instructions do not perform, if you do not know what you're doing.
P.S.: keep in mind, that this ROM is rooted with build-in SuperUser , and you cannot turn off SuperUser!

Okay thanks. I kinda know what I am doing, at least I know what I want. My last time is some years ago on samsung devices so I am not into the new phoes but I will read some and go for it.

Anonymousxx

Jan 8, 2017
Hi Alf! Is always me ahaha.
Anyway I wanted to ask you if it makes sense to switch from LineageOS 18.1 to this one here, or they are the same (especially in terms of stability). I also would like to know if there is a way to avoid loosing the unlocked bootloader when I have to switch to stock firmware. Thank you :)

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9
Huawei P9 Lite
Anyway I wanted to ask you if it makes sense to switch from LineageOS 18.1 to this one here, or they are the same (especially in terms of stability). I also would like to know if there is a way to avoid loosing the unlocked bootloader when I have to switch to stock firmware. Thank you :)
Hello, what about your exams stage? O.K.?

Anonymousxx

Jan 8, 2017
Can anyone more polite answer me please? :) Thank you

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone