Alps FF5000 and other (8227L chipsets) head units - firmwares and other stuff

Search This thread

kolios13

Jul 5, 2013
This is not your device firmware at all, you installed wrong update (and given to you by Chinese seller), find something to update on this forum, type in "XRCH 8227L XONRICH JUNSUN WITSON" and search or use this update to correct activation code:
https://mega.nz/file/ZhklkRpa#8g4I61welZ-F6WYcQFFWLv8wfqngxjreTh3wYwBSjkQ
@Anton TNT I have installed the firmware you provided me but now the radio does not play. And now the device information shows:

Tonevregs

May 21, 2022
Hello, I have payed for a version without 4G dongle for internet. I have only got a wifi reception.

The communications part of the system is reported as follows:

Communications

Phone: None
WiFi: wlan_drv_gen2
Available only in root mode...
USB Host: Yes
Bluetooth: Yes
GPS: Yes

Question: which one is available only in root mode? the phone part? The 4G?

SkipReplay

Oct 16, 2021
Does it play or do you hear something without DSP on ? If so deactivate DSP effects.
Also I reccomend to check your wires for sound/speakers (green/grey/white/purple - see or find wiring diagram - see if they are damaged in any way).
If still no sound update with new firmware - ask seller to provide you with newest update - latest are 2021-07.
Yeah without DSP I hear sound no problem. Wiring is good, it's set up to run thru RCA to factory amp, not sure if I should have antenna wired in anywhere but I sont have power antenna anyway.

Anton TNT

Sep 24, 2020
Croatia
Android Automotive OS
Yeah without DSP I hear sound no problem. Wiring is good, it's set up to run thru RCA to factory amp, not sure if I should have antenna wired in anywhere but I sont have power antenna anyway.
Some settings on radio are wrong (in factory settings/radio menu) if you can't hear thru DSP or DSP is disabled in OTHER menu - there is a setting IC type , must be on DSP value

SkipReplay

Oct 16, 2021
So that's how I'm turning the DSP on is by switching the audio IC from 3702 to DSP. Is there another DSP setting I must also change?

Anton TNT

Sep 24, 2020
Croatia
Android Automotive OS
No sound doesn't work. Sound works when it's set to 3702, as soon as I change it to DSP it doesn't work anymore.
Then your car unit doesn't support DSP or is deactivated thru canbus device that controlls ECU.
One thing only I don't understand, why 3702? Is radio IC chip setting changed thru menu RADIO in factory settings ? What setting for RADIO CHIP is set in this menu RADIO? And what FM sense ?

SkipReplay

Oct 16, 2021
Then your car unit doesn't support DSP or is deactivated thru canbus device that controlls ECU.
One thing only I don't understand, why 3702? Is radio IC chip setting changed thru menu RADIO in factory settings ? What setting for RADIO CHIP is set in this menu RADIO? And what FM sense ?
The IC type under RADIO is set to NX6686. there's 5 other options as well. FM sense is set to 18. My audio IC setting is under OTHER in the main menu.

Attachments

• 20220523_170953.jpg
    20220523_170953.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • 20220523_171013.jpg
    20220523_171013.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48

Anton TNT

Sep 24, 2020
Croatia
Android Automotive OS
The IC type under RADIO is set to NX6686. there's 5 other options as well. FM sense is set to 18. My audio IC setting is under OTHER in the main menu.
Remember what setting was of IC and try with every IC setting and see if radio works with other IC types.
If not resolved, revert to old one NX6686 and try those settings with DSP effects on.
Also, I see that PROTECTION value from picture is on, take it OFF in order to gain control of settings !

zlatko63

Feb 4, 2011
Hi, where can I find the factory apps for radio and mp3 player. There were somewhere in the forum, maybe in this topic, but now I cant find it

SkipReplay

Oct 16, 2021
Remember what setting was of IC and try with every IC setting and see if radio works with other IC types.
If not resolved, revert to old one NX6686 and try those settings with DSP effects on.
Also, I see that PROTECTION value from picture is on, take it OFF in order to gain control of settings !
I went through all of the IC types and tried and it still only worked with DSP off. I turned protection off as well.

Idontknoww

Dec 3, 2011
I have same device with android 10 i can use carplay but i cant use android auto how can i fix this ?

Attachments

• 20220605_191031.jpg
    20220605_191031.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23

DizXDA83

Mar 12, 2012
Portugal
hi there... can someone please confirm to me what type of IC Radio chipset these units use and model? got a problem here with static noise on my Xtrons unit... been in touch with company seller they tell me it's probably IC default Radio. Problem is the shipping costs to Hong Kong Repair center are huge and not sure if it's best option or better to buy a new unit... purchased unit in July 2020 surprised that 2 years time chipset radio broke up....

ivcha92

Jun 8, 2022
I have this unit on my IX35
IMG_5273.jpegIMG_5271.jpeg

I contains physical buttons and encoders for volume and tuning.

Will firmwares 8227L_8工厂UIUI01-国外11_v4_20210705 8227L_8腾实UI04-国外11_v3_20210707 work on this one ?

I want to make a backup of the existing firmware but I'm unable to get USB to work with SP Flash Tool. There is One USB on the back of the unit. When plugged to PC it does not detect the device is plugged
On the other usb there is a 4 port HUB IC soldered to the board. The CPU module is 503h-v1.1 does anyone have the pin info/datasheet for the 503h-v1.1 module ?

Anton TNT

Sep 24, 2020
Croatia
Android Automotive OS
hi there... can someone please confirm to me what type of IC Radio chipset these units use and model? got a problem here with static noise on my Xtrons unit... been in touch with company seller they tell me it's probably IC default Radio. Problem is the shipping costs to Hong Kong Repair center are huge and not sure if it's best option or better to buy a new unit... purchased unit in July 2020 surprised that 2 years time chipset radio broke up....
Same here with me, radio application blocks a few times and freezes then in next engine start get all normal, I think problem is in key ignition wire (red one), it loses memory of radio somehow, tuner sometimes resets and don't remember stations.
Otherwise IC chipsets can be in range of 6686 up to 8702, but only one is specific for every device and must work, you must find yours IC setting in factory/RADIO menu. It's trial and error...

contagioustr

Jun 11, 2022
Hi, I have recently bought a Smart EQ fortwo with an after market android head unit. I believe it's by Xonrich but I'm not sure. I am looking for the latest firmware. I've contacted them but they haven't provided me with anything yet. Please see attached images for info. It's running Android 10 security patch 2019-10-05. Alps FF-5000 ac8227L 1024x600 2GB/12GB(?). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20220604_142612.jpg
    20220604_142612.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 20220604_142651.jpg
    20220604_142651.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 20220604_142633.jpg
    20220604_142633.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 20220602_182223.jpg.png
    20220602_182223.jpg.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

@beargibson3100
    Try to remove sd card and usb stick and restart the unit, after that choose your settings and restart again and see if your settings is stored ok.
    It is something like that, your settings stored on usb or sd card, you can search about that
    @beargibson3100
    Try to remove sd card and usb stick and restart the unit, after that choose your settings and restart again and see if your settings is stored ok.
    It is something like that, your settings stored on usb or sd card, you can search about that
    Or if you have music and files in SD card and SD card is always in headunit go to FACTORY SETTINGS and to menu MP MODE and choose save to SD card (factory settings and system image). After that, after any restart of unit, the image will be restored from SD card.
    @beargibson3100
    @beargibson3100
    Or if you have music and files in SD card and SD card is always in headunit go to FACTORY SETTINGS and to menu MP MODE and choose save to SD card (factory settings and system image). After that, after any restart of unit, the image will be restored from SD card.
    Hi to all.
    After a long time I also saw from Aliexpress an android unit for my car Skoda Octavia MK2 year 2004. in the attached photo you can see its features. Purchased from here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003737664952.html (the model AC8227L with 2/32 ram/rom). System info apps tel me the unit is Alps FF5000 8227L chipsets.
    Please if you can help me.
    1) Not all the controls on the steering wheel work and I do not have all the car status information, I do not have the indications of the automatic air conditioning ... I changed different options from the canbus type (different car models) but I can not find exactly my own model. Can I enter the correct data of my car model so that everything works properly?
    2) it has android 8 (masked android 11), how can I upgrade it and with which rom? is it good to upgrade to android 10 or 11? will this make the unit slower? and if I upgrade everything will work fine? i don't want problems with wrong rom...
    I have other additional questions I will remember them in a while and I will add and I am sure you can help me
    Thanks for your time
    Hi, sorry for late response I was off for a few days ...

So, as you described problem is canbus decoder and STW write/rewrite based errors.

for Nb. 1 - choose right setings in canbus PSA setting - when you choose correct PSA number other things like STW controls, lcd controls, icons etc. will activate
    Problem is in programable PSA setting for specific car, if your car is like let's say PEUGEOT 308 then you will search correct PSA for Peugeot 308 "AND" probably if not working after restart will choose different for Peugeot in a list no matter if it says other model of car like 3008 408 207 307 (and year of production of your car model is also to be considered to use with settings, maybe your year of model is wrongly set like let's say if I choose a PSA setting for wrong model like I have Peugeot 308 year 2011 and in setting says Peugeot 308 - year 2015 - it's not the same model and will not work correctly), try them all and find out which activates all functions.
    After choosing the correct PSA settings scroll down a little where this list of car models are and you will see some settings on the left side regarding AC climate control (activate and put it in "ON" mode), rear and front doors, back camera, AVM icon (for ATV/DTV) etc. - there you can choose and activate all options that needs to be sent to main LCD screen, like for doors that are open , various info of state of car etc.

If I am right, you could see the canbus decoder for your self phisically and read PSA settings (if came with radio unit) - it will be written for what car models are settings intended, and so try setting for each model written on canbus.

for Nb. 2 - no need to instal any new firmwares/updates while having stock firmware on unit, correct procedure will be to install theme.apk (look for it on forum on my threads for 8227L) and desired theme for unit. No new installations and updates will correct problems for units
    Only choosing the right settings and tweaking "other" menu settings in FACTORY SETTINGS mode will eventually get full operation mode for your unit. I had my unit for two years now and had come across everything and tweaked my unit for best performance.

LAUNCHERS FOR MTK AC8227L_8 (Alps FF5000 , JUNSUN V1)​

Theme 1.0 apk to change between the launchers​

( DO NOT WORK WITH alps ac8227L_demo XYAUTO )
    well that's great! that app HeadUnit Reloaded is a paid app right? or did you get it from somewhere else?
    do you have to install on both phone and unit? or only on unit?
    well update firmware i simply reached xtron by facebook sent them my headunit model and they reply with firmware link...
    next step is to root device and get rid of several apps!
    @beargibson3100
    ALL USERS - NOTE !!!!

Due to high demand of firmware and problems that came with it I'm officially making a new website just for HEADUNITS with 8227L based firmware and support. (for easy Google tracking and finding all in one place)

STAY TUNED , will paste link here.

(this thread IS to be opened for future problems and will be opened for help each other)

SO... READ THIS...

- new website will be for all devices with 8227L, AC8227L based chipset devices
    - there will be all files and updates inculding help & support that I collected (and future updates also) in these two years of having and testing my car multimedia device ALPS FF5000 (also includes units MEKEDE,JUNSUN,HIZPO, etc. - with 8227L based chips inside)
    - on this website will be a E-mail form or teamviewer or TEAMS connections directly to users that needs help with device (requiring a user to connect their device to active internet connection - on laptop, PC even in a car and with active connection and teamviever apk installed in units, etc.)
    - MODS installing, flashing and brick recovery is not an option yet as I haven't tried that yet, but will in future (must do root for my device for some settings to enter like travel computer and test more)
    - all people with similar problems of their head units will be more than welcome to participate and help each other in this website

Cheers to anyone who want to be a part of this and participate and greetings to all...
    You don't need one it will generate automatically when installed software that matches your device and mcu.
    Look for software on links that I pinned here in posts, or try find and install the correct one here :
    https://yadi.sk/d/umCvHqCDzHccr

NOTE: if your device is not ALPS 5500 then you must follow posts for links that matcgh your device !
    I found license.dat from 4pda and with fw you provided all my problems are solved. Thank you. :)