Alps FF5000 and other AC8227L chipset head units - updates and solutions

I'm deciding to close this thread and help users in another way, so should I close this thread ?

• Yes

• No

• Leave it for future problems and solutions

• Leave it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

apinilla31

Aug 21, 2020
Redmi Note 8
Go in settings of device and took picture with mobile phone MCU and other info. TZhen go in MTCE MTCD units and find your match.

Hi frien I took the picture and this is what I have...
SAVE_20210430_222555.jpg

I really appreciate if you help me with this. This radio has a ugly interface.

Reactions: oferyuval

Anton TNT

Sep 24, 2020
Croatia
Android Automotive OS
Last edited:
Reactions: thatdudepoops

apinilla31

Aug 21, 2020
Redmi Note 8
Go in settings of device and took picture with mobile phone MCU and other info. TZhen go in MTCE MTCD units and find your match.

Hi frien I took the picture and this is what I have...
View attachment 5295743

I really appreciate if you help me with this. This radio has a ugly interfaceve
What android is it ? Masked Android 10 or 8 ?

I have not tried this but you can (on your own risk). This maybe is yours ...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/d8k420hszjitgxs/8227L_8UI01-%E5%9B%BD%E5%A4%9610_v2_20200119.zip/file

Thanks friend, it worked I have installed some of them but still the UI is not cool. Iam looking to root it to see.

ZedAlm

Apr 3, 2021
Okay, lets try something else. Did device have any errors during install of android or upgrade? If not probably have some issue with software look similar software for your MCU unit on russian forum.

P.S. You can try also ISP 9 or 10 setting , it wouldnt do any damage to try out.
So, after trying all files from that website and also trying as different ISP's, I have also messes with the DPI settings in the developer menu, although it changes the size of the text, the actual frame does not change. Meaning I still do not see the full screen and there is a part of it that is still unseen, I have to use the secondary screen in order to be able to see what's beyond. Furthermore, whenever I tap on the screen the touch is off, meaning in oder to touch a specific button I have to touch above and to the left a little bit.

I already went through several roms's and have no clue what else to do. Can anyone help me please?

grzegorz1652

Mar 30, 2018
is the real android 10 on 8227l or is it all just an overlay? And is it really all Android 8.1go?

Last edited:

oferyuval

Oct 3, 2015
Hi, you must find your software by mcu and model number provided as in picture.

YOu must identify your device if it is KGL or other type.
After having read many posts here, it is still a mystery to me.
Given all the information I retrieve from the device, how do I know which firmware is the right one for my model ?
(I got and loaded an update from the seller. It is called 8227L_8_UI04-国外11_v1_20210421 UPDATE)

hu 8227L.png

Reactions: MGSOU

oferyuval

Oct 3, 2015
Last edited:

oferyuval

Oct 3, 2015
Reactions: Anton TNT and MGSOU
The UI is quiet ugly and the BT utility is very bad. That is why I want to replace the whole thing or at least the BT app.
CPU-Z identifies it as android 11.
Download it from here:
Do you have the same device ? What are you using ?

@oferyuval, I would like to know if you installed this update on your HU with just the two file on a Micro SD card or a Flash USB drive? Are there any details you could share for successful installation? :)

Could you please a picture of the launcher screen?

My head unit has similar specs and may attempt to update it. It is an AWESAFE 7 in touch screen device reported by the DevCheck app as AC8227L Alps FF-5000 2GB/32GB Android 10 (8.1 actually) HU device :

Has anyone else successfully updated their AC8227L Alps FF-5000 2GB/32GB HU device with this update?

oferyuval

Oct 3, 2015
I would like to know if you installed this update on your HU with just the two file on a Micro SD card or a Flash USB drive? Are there any details you could share for successful installation? :)

Could you please a picture of the launcher screen?
Yes. The update was done exactly as you wrote.

The UI is not appealing at all. I use FCC Car launcher instead of the stock launcher. (BTW FCC identifies the Android as 8.1)
The main problem for me is the BT app. It does contacts sync, plays phone music and is also the dialer. It has very basic and poor functionality and I still looking for a way to replace it or the entire firmware.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Yes. The update was done exactly as you wrote.

The UI is not appealing at all. I use FCC Car launcher instead of the stock launcher. (BTW FCC identifies the Android as 8.1)
The main problem for me is the BT app. It does contacts sync, plays phone music and is also the dialer. It has very basic and poor functionality and I still looking for a way to replace it or the entire firmware.

Thanks for sharing the look of the launcher. It looks a bit plain but modern with the rectangles.

Since I am still familiarizing myself with the Android Auto HU (having it for less than a month) I will not risk flashing new firmware until I can make a backup of the existing system or obtain the correct firmware for this unit.

The attached pictures are the About Device, About Car, and the CPU-Z pages for my HU in hopes that someone my know where the compatible firmware can be downloaded. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• About Device.jpg
    About Device.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 207
  • CPU-Z_SOC_1.jpg
    CPU-Z_SOC_1.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 208
  • CPU-Z_System.jpg
    CPU-Z_System.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 148
  • About Car 1 of 2.jpg
    About Car 1 of 2.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 145
  • About Car 2 of 2.jpg
    About Car 2 of 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Reactions: oferyuval

oferyuval

Oct 3, 2015
hi guys sorry to jump in but I am not finding or getting any help. I think I to reflash my device but cant find a download anyware and NOT getting any help from seller,

please can anyone (HELP) me in finding this software or even an upgraded version
Kirinavi
Android: YT9216CH_AHD_00005_V004_HIFI
Android os: Android 9.1
XY AUTO: B6.2 (X2)
See info about XYAuto here:

sharkyslro40

Aug 19, 2021
Hello. Can anyone have custom boot logo ( custom picture logo ) or know how to create one ( if possible animated/video boot logo like a gif or avi file) for Alps FF5000 device? Tanks.

sharkyslro40

Aug 19, 2021
I have a full backup of boot_1 boot_2 and emmc_user partitions. It’s for 2g-32g model 8227l
It’s fake android 10 with api27 which is 8.1 Oreo if that helps
Includes SU binary that’s not hampered from factory. Eonon had SU binary but was not functional per se.
Hello. Can you provide me that backup, I write you on private.m My head unit is dead now. Is powerring, but screen remain black, and not show anything on it.
PLEASE HELP ME
Tanks.

sharkyslro40

Aug 19, 2021
I need flash file for FF5000 Alps device. If you have that file required for flash software ( PRELOADER. LK, ARM2, BOOTIMG, RECOVERY, SEC_RO, LOGO, METAZONE, TEE1, TEE2, ANDROID, CHACHE,USR DATA), PLEASE SEND ME. I make FORMAT ALL, and now my head unit is dead.
Tanks for you help.

Attachments

• 20210819_154259.jpg
    20210819_154259.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 118
  • 20210819_154520.jpg
    20210819_154520.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 118
  • 20210819_154336.jpg
    20210819_154336.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 107
  • 20210819_154346.jpg
    20210819_154346.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 97
  • 20210819_154515.jpg
    20210819_154515.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 95
  • 20210819_154524.jpg
    20210819_154524.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 121

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS THE LATEST PATCH / UPDATE for 8227L units dated 2023/07/14
    I uploaded it and shared here for downloads.

https://terabox.com/s/1JSZCCoTvF4lTuQ3XYCMsOg

Enjoy everyone.
    Thank you very much, but it doesn't work. Reactivate only the volume knobs and move forward. But remove the volume, the other buttons do not work and change the language to Italian. At least we confirmed that I need the correct button file. Thank you so much.
    Hello, can you help me update my GPS with the following features and make it work? My GPS is not working. I bought 2 different GPS antennas and changed them. The problem is the same. I am looking for a new update in which the GPS will work. Thank you in advance.
    I would first check rear jack port of gps antenna if it is faulty. Second, try to reset gps settings via debug code (pin for debbuging mode - I forgot this one but there is a pin codes thread for 8227L units somewhere).
    Also, to mention, if you have installed led lamps in your car, they interfere with gps signal if they are not having canbus for lights.
    The interesting thing is that in the software I installed, the GPS settings are empty. I go to the settings. The folder is empty. There is nothing in the GPS settings folder.
    What firmware do you use , your HMI of device ?
    Some firmware for MCU: TS907.190518(H)
    Device brand: FOIIOE

I need to fix the bluetooth problem and the manufacturer has taken the website down.

LAUNCHERS FOR MTK AC8227L_8 (Alps FF5000 , JUNSUN V1)​

Theme 1.0 apk to change between the launchers​

( DO NOT WORK WITH alps ac8227L_demo XYAUTO )
    freeman94 , Samvel72, JIm_stos

Ooookaaay.
    Let's put this issues and miseries with old units aside and solve this.

So many of you have problems with restarting unit / self erasing unit at boot, due to self loading Google services and updating on their own (which in next restart erases all memory /state config and sets to default factory settings).
    So here is a fact. Google updates it self and its services as soon you connect unit to internet it takes a while a few minutes but you can see progress in status bar when updating.
    When Google update specific GOOGLE SERVICES (app responsible for all Google apps that are connectd with google) sometimes updates fails and Google services is not same lately version (check for that in car settings/ app settings / Google servies app or Google). When updating and setting owner of device - Google account - fails whole system fails.

Here is a partial solution to try and test for various units with 8227 chipsets.
    I have old 8227L unit home and have succesfully managed to reinstall Playstore and G services but if this will help to solve issues with erasing / restarting we will see on your units!

- Detach all usb drives or sd cards attached from unit for now.

- Go to root directory (use file manager default app or File manager+ app, if device not rooted use second app) and find leftoovers of instalations from Google :
    - files like Google folders with no data relevant to system and folder CACHE - delete all !
    - delete non essential files and folders (only Android folder must remain along with Music folder and importantly navigation software folders) , logs and settings.ini , factory_settings.ini files etc.

- DELETE CACHE MEMORY of every single Google services that are in APPS menu (DO NOT DELETE DATA, only CACHE memory of apps)

- next step is to disable Google and its services so system cannot update them when unit is connected to internet or online

- while Google and services disabled - download this file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pnqyE9PQg8rn8gSSm7GfE-Zgghu3YGAw/view?usp=sharing from laptop or PC (playstore latest) and transfer it to unit on root directory and install from there (activate third party software installation permission - give permission - if unit fails to install)

- remove USB drives or SD cards from system so that system cannot write on USB memory or SD card instead of main unit memory

- ENABLE google and its services again

- when new playstore apk installed, enter playstore and connect unit to internet, let it update by itself or update Google and Google services manually - do not restart unit untill finished all!

- set your desired Google account (tweek all in Google menu of car settings) and connect to your account

- set everything else - icon arrangment , radio stations, wallpapers, install desired apps etc.

- now for restart of unit and saving new state to a unit memory :

- go to factory settings with pin 8888 - then go to other menu where setting MEMORY/LAST STATE OPTION IS ENABLE THAT OPTION - MUST BE ON
    - FIND OPTION INSTALL AND PROTECTION - INSTALL must be ON or value 1 PROTECTION must be OFF or value 0 , AUTOLINK option if exist turn to ON, MCU option set to value 1, dithering option set to value 1 or ON, Bluetooth ver (version) option set to 4
    - Bluetooth SYNCH option must be ON or value SYNCH , not ASYNCH
    - return on main menu of factory settings and enter one (I don't know what is called in your unit) that looks like USB drive picture -> drive / memory picture - press it , it will say (if no USB drives and SD cards attached) failed to save memory or someting like that , which is good , it means that it will write memory on units main memory instead of external drives (if USB drive or SD card is in place after reboot deletes all files and replaces them from actuial ones in external drives and then sets default factory settings again and loses everything)
    - close factory settings window as process (do not hit SAVE button on upper right corner - it will restart and lose all settings and tweeks again)
    - go to car settings / about unit or system info (till you see pad where you type in pin for factory settings) and enter code 1414, unit will shutdown ad save last state that you configured (untill successfull boot USB drives or SD cards must be detached from unit !)
    - after bootup when in Android test everything and enter playstore - if your account is still set and is working you have now fully working unit, try rebooting a few times with code 1414 and see if problems will occur again

And that's it ! Hope this bible text wil help you guys.
    Report here is someone succesfully fixed the unit.

Fingers crossed.
    I managed to install Google Play services this is Android 8.1. (See the instructions above) Bluetooth errors are gone, the device is working fine. I disconnected the USB drive, reset the device and installed programs without turning on Wi-fi.
    First installed
    Google Play services
    Google Play Store
    Speech Services by Google
    after that, I turned on the Internet and updated all applications. Try it and you should succeed. Thanks Anton TNT
    ALL USERS - NOTE !!!!

Due to high demand of firmware and problems that came with it I'm officially making a new website just for HEADUNITS with 8227L based firmware and support. (for easy Google tracking and finding all in one place)

STAY TUNED , will paste link here.

(this thread IS to be opened for future problems and will be opened for help each other)

SO... READ THIS...

- new website will be for all devices with 8227L, AC8227L based chipset devices
    - there will be all files and updates inculding help & support that I collected (and future updates also) in these two years of having and testing my car multimedia device ALPS FF5000 (also includes units MEKEDE,JUNSUN,HIZPO, etc. - with 8227L based chips inside)
    - on this website will be a E-mail form or teamviewer or TEAMS connections directly to users that needs help with device (requiring a user to connect their device to active internet connection - on laptop, PC even in a car and with active connection and teamviever apk installed in units, etc.)
    - MODS installing, flashing and brick recovery is not an option yet as I haven't tried that yet, but will in future (must do root for my device for some settings to enter like travel computer and test more)
    - all people with similar problems of their head units will be more than welcome to participate and help each other in this website

Cheers to anyone who want to be a part of this and participate and greetings to all...
    1. I installed this firmware - FL-PSA&PSP-2+32 安卓12.0- 8227L_8乐佳UI03-国外12_v4_20230216 - it has best UI theme for me
    2. I disabled GMS and google play store.
    3. I installed this gms package - Google Play services_23.30.13 (100400-552628474)_Apkpure
    4. I installed FIRST google play store update - it's update chinese store v17.x.x. to official google store v29.x.x - com.android.vending_29.4.13-21_0_PR_429618493-82941310_minAPI21(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com
    5. I installed SECOND google play store update - it's update play store v29 to latest v36 version - Google Play Store_36.8.23-29 [0] [PR] 550933253_Apkpure
    6. After that I connected my USB LTE stick and update one by one - google maps, chrome, voice services and yt
    7. Taa dam - all works beatifull, even screen mirroring

I can share installation files here if anyone wants to reproduce this procedure.
    MOD TRANSLATION
    "Good evening everyone. I have this unbranded unit for FIAT DOBLO' 2015. I updated everything with a file purchased on the net, but since then the whole screen has changed with new graphics, it crashes continuously and I can't connect to bluetooth it keeps detaching .
    Could you kindly point me to an update posted later that restores my device? Thanks, I hope your help."
    ATTACHED IMAGES
    Buonasera a tutti. Possiedo questa unità senza marca per FIAT DOBLO' 2015. Ho aggiornato il tutto con un file acquistato in rete, ma da allora è cambiata tutta la schermata con una nuova grafica, si blocca di continuo e non riesco a collegarmi al bluetooth si distacca di continuo.
    potreste indicarmi gentilmente un aggiornamento da poi postato che ripristini il mio apparato? Grazie spero in un vostro aiuto.
    MOD TRANSLATION
    "Sorry but my model is a 8227L FF-5000!!!!
    Because I have to spin another thread"
    Scusa, ma il mio modello è un 8227L FF-5000 !!!!
    Perchè devo girare un altro thread
    MOD TRANSLATION
    "What update can I perform?
    Thanks help me!!!"
    Quale aggiornamento posso eseguire?
    Grazie aiutatemi!!!

@Mastef76, As per Forum Rule 4 (quoted below) -- that you just agreed to when you first registered your account -- in the future please only use English when posting (just as @bkerekes69 suggested); feel free to include your original message under the English message if you wish. If you do not know English, I encourage you to use any of the resources in the quote below. Your posts has been translated as a one-time courtesy.

simplepinoi177 FSM (Forum Specific Moderator)
    4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ , https://www.babelfish.com/ or https://fanyi.baidu.com/#auto/en or use one of your choice.