General Already got S21 Ultra, ask me anything

MeisterGigi

Sep 10, 2010
pls. post example fotos , especially night mode.

i have read many reviews, and i am shortly before cancelling it, the camera reviews are bad... :/

KenSoftTH

Dec 19, 2020
pls. post example fotos , especially night mode.

i have read many reviews, and i am shortly before cancelling it, the camera reviews are bad... :/
Here are some landscape photo of my university taken with main camera at 108MP. Will try night photo for ya!

Attachments

Collin80

Nov 14, 2018
Here are some landscape photo of my university taken with main camera at 108MP. Will try night photo for ya!
I think all three photos look very nice when zoomed to be "full screen" on my 1080p laptop screen. When I zoom to 1-to-1 pixels I see that there is a small bit of jitter in the photo. It looks like you couldn't be 100% steady when shooting (who can? We're talking very small pixels here and your arms were probably outstretched in the air) and the phone was not able to completely remove the sway. But, this is only noticeable when zoomed in 1 to 1. Also, some parts of the image are a bit muddy at that zoom level. I expected this as packing 108MP into a small sensor is basically guaranteed to make the actual pixels a little muddy. In these high brightness pictures the image looks as good as I'd expect. I would not feel bad about being able to get quality like that. Now, that still does leave everyone with the question "what about when it's dark" but we'll see.

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2017
Your local skatepark
Are those haptics as good as advertised ? Can you post (via upload button) some IRL photos (like in the dark of your room, ...
Usually youtubers take photos around their 10000$ lighting setup so having casual photos is interesting
@KenSoftTH

KenSoftTH

Dec 19, 2020
Are those haptics as good as advertised ? Can you post (via upload button) some IRL photos (like in the dark of your room, ...
Usually youtubers take photos around their 10000$ lighting setup so having casual photos is interesting
@KenSoftTH
Here you go. From all cameras. Two photo for main wide lens 108MP and 12MP 9 pixel binning.

Attachments

Reactions: Ky$h and Raiz

KenSoftTH

Dec 19, 2020
How's the heating and cooling on the device? Do any gaming?
The exynos version heats up much faster than S20 FE 5G which has snapdragon 865. It is much hotter than 865 during gaming and i experience some frame rate drop after playing at 1440p for extended period of time. Turning down to 1080p reduce fps drop and reduce heat slightly. However, after idling for a short while, it cool down really fast. Don't know about snapdragon 888 version though.