General Already got S21 Ultra, ask me anything

KenSoftTH

Dec 19, 2020
What's the drain been like on mobile data when not using the phone? Sorry it's a very boring question :)
I haven't actually carry it out for full day yet because of COVID. I use dual SIM with 5G on main SIM and managed to drain around 3-7% per hour withour power saving. Keep in mind that 5G here is not fully covered yet so a bit of signal hunting going on.

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
The exynos version heats up much faster than S20 FE 5G which has snapdragon 865. It is much hotter than 865 during gaming and i experience some frame rate drop after playing at 1440p for extended period of time. Turning down to 1080p reduce fps drop and reduce heat slightly. However, after idling for a short while, it cool down really fast. Don't know about snapdragon 888 version though.
So in other words the new exynos is sub par as compared to the snapdragon of LAST YEAR? samsung said that the 2100 would be much better than the 990 but from reading this perhaps not.

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Apparently, not from my 3 days experience
time will tell I guess, i prefer the exynos but they have been so bad in comparsion to the the snaps the last few years I ended up buying snapdragons. will have to wait for some direct comparsions this time to see if exynos has really closed the gap.

KenSoftTH

Dec 19, 2020
time will tell I guess, i prefer the exynos but they have been so bad in comparsion to the the snaps the last few years I ended up buying snapdragons. will have to wait for some direct comparsions this time to see if exynos has really closed the gap.
In my country, exynos version has Thailand specific CA Combination for 4G and 5G that is not available in any other devices from any manufacturer except samsung. To get full cellular speed, u need exynos.

Last edited:
Reactions: force70

isko01

Apr 4, 2015
Hi,

All the best with new phone. :)

Did you get any updates?

And can you chek in camera app, how much minimum and maximum is ISO and how much is minimum and maximum shutter speed?

All the best

Last edited:

johnp357

Jan 14, 2012
So I was lucky to be one of 100 first people who order S21 Ultra Exynos in Thailand. As the part of the campaign, I got the phone early and only need to pay $0.7 (21 Thai Baht) for it. Already got the phone in-hand without any NDA, so ask me anything!
tell us the quality/loudness/clarity of the phone speaker? compare it to other phones like apple if you can.

KenSoftTH

Dec 19, 2020
Hi,

All the best with new phone. :)

Did you get any updates?

And can you chek in camera app, how much minimum and maximum is ISO and how much is minimum and maximum shutter speed?

All the best
I have one update when i got the phone. It was 1.1 GB in size.

The shutter speed ranged from 30s to 1/12000 and ISO ranged from 50-3200.

Reactions: isko01

nowy57

Nov 3, 2007
Poland
could you get a photo of A4 format paper with small text all page ?
my note 20 ultra, only focus in a middle but corners was blurry :(
I am count on ultra wide angle and dual pixel to fixed it

KenSoftTH

Dec 19, 2020
could you get a photo of A4 format paper with small text all page ?
my note 20 ultra, only focus in a middle but corners was blurry :(
I am count on ultra wide angle and dual pixel to fixed it
From all camera

Attachments