General Already got S21 Ultra, ask me anything

Wheeljack73

Oct 20, 2019
Preston
If you have the S21 Ultra, a couple of questions for you.

Firstly, the upday/Samsung Daily feed you would normally get left of the homescreen - supposedly you can now change between using that or the Google Feed as used by Pixels etc. Is that true? Reviews dont really touch on this, except a couple that say its Google Feed only, and a couple that say it can be changed.

Secondly - changing the function of long press on the power button. Can this be changed from Bixby to Google Assistant? Or is it Bixby or nothing? I remember on my Note I could change the bixby button functionality to another app, but they deliberately blocked being able to assign Assistant to it.

eyeatoma

Jun 18, 2011
On My S21 Ultra I lost the ANT+ capabilities . Can you check yours, please?
That's definitely a problem with your phone. The s21 ultra definetely has ANT+,. It;'s not even a question. Have you disabled certain apps? That could have caused it. If not, I'd do a factory reset, and if it's not resolved, return the phone and have it replaced.

E2GO

May 30, 2017
Ok dumb question but d'you here some insides (camera or smth) of phone shaking when you actually shake it in hands?

rzvny

Aug 7, 2008
That's definitely a problem with your phone. The s21 ultra definetely has ANT+,. It;'s not even a question. Have you disabled certain apps? That could have caused it. If not, I'd do a factory reset, and if it's not resolved, return the phone and have it replaced.

The ANT HAL service should be preinstalled, but it does not appear so. i did not disable any services.

Last edited:

rzvny

Aug 7, 2008
Hey, did you tried Android Auto? Mine is lagging terribly on S21 ultra 256GB, don't understand why. Oneplus 8 pro was with no issues.
I have used for a couple of day on my Ford and it is working perfectly.
Please post a screenshot with your ANT tester result

Attachments

• 375.9 KB Views: 37

jookas

Sep 30, 2007
Bratislava
If you have the S21 Ultra, a couple of questions for you.

Firstly, the upday/Samsung Daily feed you would normally get left of the homescreen - supposedly you can now change between using that or the Google Feed as used by Pixels etc. Is that true? Reviews dont really touch on this, except a couple that say its Google Feed only, and a couple that say it can be changed.

Secondly - changing the function of long press on the power button. Can this be changed from Bixby to Google Assistant? Or is it Bixby or nothing? I remember on my Note I could change the bixby button functionality to another app, but they deliberately blocked being able to assign Assistant to it.
You can change side button but only to power menu from bixby.

Attachments

rzvny

Aug 7, 2008
Should I install that missing items? Never used ANT tester before so I don't know what I'm looking at :) Yeah it has nothing to do with AA as I'm reading above :LOL:

The ANT HAL service should be already installed, but it isn"t . At this time the S21 Ultra - al least - is not ANT+ capable as Samsung stated on the specs.
As for AA, worked without an issue on my Ford Kuga 2019 and ST 2017 with the latest SYNC updates.

jookas

Sep 30, 2007
Bratislava
The ANT HAL service should be already installed, but it isn"t . At this time the S21 Ultra - al least - is not ANT+ capable as Samsung stated on the specs.
As for AA, worked without an issue on my Ford Kuga 2019 and ST 2017 with the latest SYNC updates.
thank you for the info, I sold my Kuga :D but it's choppy now on Kia, strange that different phone is ok if I just switch them. :rolleyes:

rzvny

Aug 7, 2008
Thank you too. Seeing that the HAL service is also missing in your S21, spared me of several hours of searching, resetting, reinstalling, ...

Tmel14

Oct 19, 2014
What's the portrait mode like on camera? Something I use a lot and has been a real flaw in previous Samsungs. It's going to be a key factor in my decision between S21 Ultra vs Pro Max 12