Already starting to see Zenfone Zoom and Zenfone 2 cases for sale.

Search This thread

keepfishes

Jul 6, 2012
Hey guys anyone has experience with these cheap aluminium bumpers?
Link
Link2

I'm thinking of buying one since they look really good, but I'm just wondering if the rims are raised enough such that when you put the phone flat on the back on a flat table the camera won't be scratched by the table...

Anyone tried these before? Thanks!

ddfault

Jul 19, 2010
I managed to get hold of one of the official case with the 64gb version a week ago while I was in HK. I think the case is great just works as any other flip case from samsung or other manufacturer and gives a nice protection. See the link below:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-Orig...868?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae7724a14
I do recommend it if anyone wants a good protection.

My issue with this style is it doesn't protect the top and bottom of the phone from damage. While I own one of this style, I'm using the leather flip one instead since it includes a TPU all around protector.

Reactions: Aceofzeroz

shadow78

Oct 16, 2008
john o groats
Hey guys anyone has experience with these cheap aluminium bumpers?
Link
Link2

I'm thinking of buying one since they look really good, but I'm just wondering if the rims are raised enough such that when you put the phone flat on the back on a flat table the camera won't be scratched by the table...

Anyone tried these before? Thanks!

I would stay away from a full metal case or bumper it may screw your signal.. but read about it first maybe Im wrong.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

My issue with this style is it doesn't protect the top and bottom of the phone from damage. While I own one of this style, I'm using the leather flip one instead since it includes a TPU all around protector.

Yes it does not cover the full phone but I think it still gives a quite good protection and it has plastic in the cut out. I think the one you have does not have any protection in the cut out, I have seen similar ones in HK for dirt cheap. Anyway if anyone interested the official asus case see my link above ;).

keepfishes

Jul 6, 2012
I would stay away from a full metal case or bumper it may screw your signal.. but read about it first maybe Im wrong.

Yeah I've been trying to find info on it but I can't seem to find any specific for the ZenFone 2. It's like 50-50 chance for the other phones to cause signal loss, some say it does and others say it doesn't.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone