• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Already unlocked bootloader on my pixel 4 XL

Search This thread

elsamuraiguapo

Nov 1, 2013
California
Followed the same instructions here: https://www.the***********.com/unlock-bootloader-google-pixel-3-xl-guide/
and it worked. I know this is probably obvious to everyone on this forum, but just in case anyone was wondering if the version from google was easily unlock able out of the box, it is. I was able to get the device early as a product advocate. Being that not a lot of people on XDA have the device yet, I may be the first person to unlock their Pixel 4 XL? :angel:

Attachments

• Inked20191020_213321_HDR_LI.jpg
    Inked20191020_213321_HDR_LI.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 1,634

samteeee

Followed the same instructions here: https://www.the***********.com/unlock-bootloader-google-pixel-3-xl-guide/
and it worked. I know this is probably obvious to everyone on this forum, but just in case anyone was wondering if the version from google was easily unlock able out of the box, it is. I was able to get the device early as a product advocate. Being that not a lot of people on XDA have the device yet, I may be the first person to unlock their Pixel 4 XL? :angel:

Thanks for the info, excellent news for Verizon subscribers with Pixel 4!

ZeroKool76

Oct 21, 2014
I don't understand what you need a link for. Isn't it like every other device? Turn it on fastboot mode, hook up to your PC, check to make sure it's read, type in fastboot oem unlock, boom. Am I missing something?

elsamuraiguapo

Nov 1, 2013
California
For those asking, no I haven't tried to root it yet. I just wanted to start playing with the device and signing in to all my stuff. No point in doing that first without unlocking the bootloader cause just like with any other phone that will factory reset everything. Better to unlock the device first before you start customizing it to you liking. Most likely root can be achieved without wiping again.

Reactions: MicroMod777

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Missoula, MT
What command are you using? I tried fastboot flashing unlock and it just shows the help menu and fastboot oem unlock gives an error. On win 10 here. That link is incomplete?

ETA: I ended up using a tool and setting it to pixel/ pixel xl and it worked but its all for not, I think I'm returning the phone. I just am not happy with the way the face unlock works with ambient display, it ends up unlocking the phone when I just want to check my notifications lol. C'est la vie!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts