• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Already unlocked bootloader on my pixel 4 XL

Search This thread

madscribblerz

Jan 13, 2014
The Verizon version will be locked.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-4-xl/how-to/root-instructions-verizon-pixel-4-xl-t3990767

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

I got my son's Pixel 4xl from Verizon with 2 year payments and he got it yesterday. And today he noticed OEM unlock is not grayed out. So he unlocked it right away using fastboot flashing unlock. And it worked the bootloader is unlocked. IMEI starts with 35. When I see him Saturday we're flashing Magisk!

I had the same experience.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-4-xl/how-to/root-instructions-verizon-pixel-4-xl-t3990767

ZeroKool76

Oct 21, 2014
I am not thoroughly convinced that the 35 automatically means it's a Verizon model. I have the same number and when I put my sim in, it didn't ask for an unlock code.

jntdroid

Feb 16, 2011
DFW, TX
The 3rd digit in the IMEI is more of an indicator on the Pixel 4 so far. 352 seems to be the Google Version more often, and 356 seems to be the Verizon (and other carrier) version more often. So it might be more helpful to include the first 3 digits while also indicating where you purchased it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroKool76
Dec 11, 2014
The 3rd digit in the IMEI is more of an indicator on the Pixel 4 so far. 352 seems to be the Google Version more often, and 356 seems to be the Verizon version more often. So it might be more helpful to include the first 3 digits while also indicating where you purchased it.

Except... AT&T 356 here....

HamBone625

Jul 21, 2012
(Edit) UNLOCKED...Purchased my 4xl from a Verizon store and completely set up WITHOUT sim in it to be safe and oem unlock was available once I have a minute I'll plug it in and attempt to unlock it. No idea on the IMEI at the moment.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts