Altered water damage indicators

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
you need to figure tho, water damage is quite apparent on any electronic advice. According to ATT they said if there are any signs of water damage (shorts) they can get you

Not really ... Shorts will usually burn a chip internally leaving no traces of what happened. Also, if there is something visible, you can also take the phone apart and clean with alcohol.

redeuxx

Aug 31, 2010
USA
ribbed.us
Had my battery in the wash and the white strip turned black instead of white. I wonder if these tricks will turn it back to white? Hmmm ...

bames

Oct 24, 2010
Had my battery in the wash and the white strip turned black instead of white. I wonder if these tricks will turn it back to white? Hmmm ...

i think if my battery went through the wash i would just repace it. Even if it were still working after drying out i wouldn't want to take the chance of it leaking any contents into the phone

leguel

Apr 25, 2011
I didn't have a seringe so I used Q-tips and I failed miserably, theres red line still in the middle... how can I get it to drop on it?

leguel

Apr 25, 2011
Was it with only one drop , one application or you had to do it a couple times? I really need to do that, my friend got my cell dip in water on a table while he was drunk... I have a 2.5 years warranty still...

Stev3-o

May 2, 2011
Once the strips been bleached back to white, will it interact with water and turn color once again?

Sep 21, 2010
Will this work on the sticker on the phone as well? I was putting on a full body protector on my friends phone and got one measly drop of water on the indicator during the process and it turned it red.

Twicebak3d

Mar 7, 2011
Deltona, Fl
This could come in handy. When I bricked my phone (day after getting it, ATT update), I got sent another refurb model. When I pulled the back to pop my SIM in, all the indicators were red.

sa1yan

Jan 1, 2009
Texas
So is it true? Does the Cappy have more than 1 indicator? Or if I purposefully screwed my phone up with water and then applied bleach to it to send it in, would that work?

Thanks

Kenn Lynch

Sep 14, 2009
"I licked the strip an I liked it"

please change the name of this thread to
"I licked the strip an I liked it"

Then its only about Katy Perry and perfectly legal <BG>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A friend of mine told me about this and I had to test it.

First we applied water to my battery's white water indictor tab. It turned pink.
    We then tried hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide turned the indicator bright, bright red.
    Finally we applied a bit of bleach and it turned right back to white.

Here's another tip... Apply a bit of scotch tape over the white tab whenever you get a new device to keep them nice and shiney.
    lol this is too funny!
    i was doing something special to my batteries lastnight and had the urge... i had to...
    lick the indicator.. i couldnt resist. took a good minute and a big gob of spit to turn pink....

i like the bleach trick!!...
    definite post of the day
    attachment.php
    curiosity got the best of me... its part of my process.
    lol this is too funny!
    i was doing something special to my batteries lastnight and had the urge... i had to...
    lick the indicator.. i couldnt resist. took a good minute and a big gob of spit to turn pink....

Hahahahahah man you're so weird :D

Lovin the post! lol

On another note, nice post Adam!

EDIT: I call for post of the day ^^
    curiosity got the best of me... its part of my process.

Well, I guess thats a good enough answer... Just don't lick it after applying the bleach!

Wait, maybe that's the explination right there!