• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Alternatives to the V²

Search This thread

jackpot82

Sep 22, 2015
Samsung s7 is now available, Huawei P9 is soon available, LG G5 is soon available.....what about saygus v2, let´s see us in MWC 2017 maybe you have the new processor now on saygus v2. :) and still no FCC or issue of chinese new year. Antenna problems and so on.

aspid667

Apr 7, 2013
Haifa
Samsung s7 is now available, Huawei P9 is soon available, LG G5 is soon available.....what about saygus v2, let´s see us in MWC 2017 maybe you have the new processor now on saygus v2. :) and still no FCC or issue of chinese new year. Antenna problems and so on.
You forgot to mention Xiaomi Mi5 - amazing phone for its price, less than 500$ for 128GB version.
And regarding FCC - it impossible to certify an unicorn since no one could catch it.

Reactions: jackpot82

jackpot82

Sep 22, 2015
You forgot to mention Xiaomi Mi5 - amazing phone for its price, less than 500$ for 128GB version.
And regarding FCC - it impossible to certify an unicorn since no one could catch it.

correct I forget this phone. Unfortunately u have to import it. In the next months HTC will show is new phone. And we still wait for Saygus V2 ;) hahahahaha

aspid667

Apr 7, 2013
Haifa
Yeah but in the US Xiaomi is not really seen as anything but knock off devices really and with the restrictions in place many will never buy their devices.
It won't stop me if I'll decide to go on it :cyclops: Honestly speaking, after canceling Meizu Pro 5 mini Xiaomi Mi5 looks like my best choice in case Saygus V2 will be demonstrated at MWC once again :silly::laugh::victory:

halkhali83

Apr 28, 2015
Xiaomi MI5 is currently for $369 from Oppomart. Shipping to the US via FedEx costs $25. The seller is reputable.
I got mine and it is really awesome.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
It won't stop me if I'll decide to go on it :cyclops: Honestly speaking, after canceling Meizu Pro 5 mini Xiaomi Mi5 looks like my best choice in case Saygus V2 will be demonstrated at MWC once again :silly::laugh::victory:

Thats another OEM that is seen as just another knock off device.

Most China based devices are see as nothing more then cheap knock offs and security risks. Heck most of them are not even allowed to be owned if you have government jobs here.

svtcontour

Aug 31, 2007
Xiaomi MI5 is currently for $369 from Oppomart. Shipping to the US via FedEx costs $25. The seller is reputable.
I got mine and it is really awesome.

What network are you using? Can it be rooted?

I really like this phone and will get on if Saygus stays quiet about a delivery this month. They have pissed me off beyond belief with these delays.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

halkhali83

Apr 28, 2015
What network are you using? Can it be rooted?

I really like this phone and will get on if Saygus stays quiet about a delivery this month. They have pissed me off beyond belief with these delays.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I am on AT&T.. I didn't try to root it.
The phone is stunning, and the only problem is that it doesn't support LTE here. But the net speed is still great.
You can also use this code to get 2% discount: OPM2VE

Huey

Jan 19, 2007
Still on the lookout for dual SIM and SD card though. Replaceable battery would be nice, but I can live without that if the other boxes are ticked.
Cat s60 looks to tick the dual SIM and SD card expansion boxes, whilst having a mahoosive battery and something about a thermal imaging camera...
Lacks an IR blaster, but has everything else :good:

Huey

Jan 19, 2007
Got bored and Note 7 too much $$$ for little gain. Blackview BV6000 wins.

No IrDA, no stylus, sealed battery (but mahoosive) and no Qi charging* :eek:, but:
Marshmallow
Octa-core
IP-68 and ruggedised
Dual-active SIM
SD card
NFC
Two extra hardware buttons

and only £175 delivered! :good:

*might try and sneak a Qi receiver into the casing...

Last edited:

Son of Kalas

Apr 11, 2013
Anyone know of any phones that will let me plug in two Micro SD cards? That was by far my greatest draw to the Scamgus V2.
Ideally 1x microsd, 1x sim, and 1x hybrid slot?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not liking the trend of 5.5" devices seemingly being the new standard for flagship phones. I had an LG G4 for a few days & it was too large for me, although a great device otherwise. It also made it clear to me how much I like the hard/capacitive button arrangement Samsung uses. So at this point, it looks like the S5 & S6 are my only viable options, even though they both have their minuses. The massive feature set of the Saygus makes it the only exception, if it ever comes out, and hopefully I can stomach the on-screen buttons, although the images I've seen suggest they are more compact than others. The potential USB-C feature would be huge.
    While the V² may end up being an amazing phone, some of us can't wait for it to be released. (If it ever will be.) :(

This thread is for those who are looking for a phone with similar specs to the V².

Please keep this thread clean. Let's all be kind and respectful of others' opinions. :good:
    I originally was going to buy an S6, against my better judgement, until I found I could not buy a 128GB version, even from the AT&T store. I've considered the S5, but I can't find an unlocked 32GB version that works on 4G. I considered the Note 4, but I really don't want a phablet, and that's a lot of money to spend on a phone I feel I won't like due to its size. Also, it frustrates me that two of the main alternatives to the S6 I considered due to the S6's lack of expandable storage and removable battery are both Samsung's, so even if I did go with one of them, I would still be giving them money. Before any of this, I was looking at the Sony Xperia Z4, until that turned out to be a letdown, and then the Sony Xperia Z3, but again there is no 32GB unlocked version. Despite my hatred of Motorola, I even considered the Droid Turbo/Maxx, until I realized it lacks expandable storage. The G4 looks ok, but it's a bit large for my taste (though supposedly not as bad as other 5.5" phones), I really don't think I'd like the buttons on the back, and there are no real reviews yet of it. Not to mention it irritates me they're releasing two other "G4" versions that are nothing like the G4, but rather are stripped down junk. The Zenphone 2 is big and just seems cheap, which I get it is a cheap phone, but still. The S6 Active may end up being the closest thing to perfect, but I don't know how I'll like the physical buttons, and I think I'd rather it be less bulky so people that want the extra protection can use a case, but leave that up to the individual. I've pre-ordered the Elephone P7000, which looks like a really good phone for the price, but again, no 32GB version. Still, for the price, I can live with that for a few months until something better comes out. So many phones that are almost great, but fall short. I've been searching high and low for the past 2-3 months and it's getting tiresome. I'd love some other ideas, but I doubt anybody can point me to something I don't already know about.
    go to android dot com they have a quick android phone web app that you can now use to search by criteria for phone models you might find suitable

Here's the link for that: https://www.android.com/phones/whichphone I personally would rather something a bit more technically-oriented, but that tool was kind of useful.

gsmarena's phone finder tool is how I found mine. :) I wish they had an option for filtering out certain chipsets *cough*810*cough*.
    Thanks

Thanks for this thread. As much as I can't look away from the train wreck that is Saygus, I really do need to replace my outdated phone and leave the Apple compound and koolaid behind.
    You'd think it would be easy to buy a decent phone with a swappable battery and expandable storage.