• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Alti-Barometer

Search This thread

roerisi

Jan 23, 2011
Rome
www.roerisi.com
Guys how can I find an Alti-Barometer application for my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic ? Anyone have any ideas, I would like to install the original one from the samsung store.
Immagine 2021-08-23 082950.jpg

nrseife

Jun 16, 2010
It is called “Compass”, but I cannot remember where I got it from (PlayStore or Galaxy Store, or came with the watch/US version).

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
forget the samsung store...
if it's not on the play store you have to wait for it to come or choose another app :(

...btw, it you swipe down on the compass app (preinstalled) you also get pressure and altitute
View attachment 5391961View attachment 5391963
I have a Gw4 classic non LTE version but swiping on the compass app does not show altitude etc, for me it's just the compass. I checked for updates but no any available. What compass version do you have? Mine is on 1.0.00.63.

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
I have a Gw4 classic non LTE version but swiping on the compass app does not show altitude etc, for me it's just the compass. I checked for updates but no any available. What compass version do you have? Mine is on 1.0.00.63.
Just tried this myself. It appears the swipe is a bit finicky - try it again, quite deliberately, from bottom to top. It should eventually get you to a prompt to enable location in order to get the altimeter and barometer working. You may also find, as I did, that it is again finicky to swipe back to just the compass - again be quite deliberate to swipe down on the small compass icon.

Reactions: thanito

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
Just tried this myself. It appears the swipe is a bit finicky - try it again, quite deliberately, from bottom to top. It should eventually get you to a prompt to enable location in order to get the altimeter and barometer working. You may also find, as I did, that it is again finicky to swipe back to just the compass - again be quite deliberate to swipe down on the small compass icon.
Damn, you are right! I was seeing this horizontal bar on the bottom so I had been trying to swipe for ages, but I just tried again and it worked, but it is a hit and miss thing; from the 50 attempts of swiping it works once 🤣 I guess they have to fix the touch sensitivity area on the compass app

Reactions: jtOttawa

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
I discussed this matter with Samsung members, of course no any result, But the good news is that after today's update CUJ2 this bug is fixed and now you can easily swipe to see all info.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    forget the samsung store...
    if it's not on the play store you have to wait for it to come or choose another app :(

...btw, it you swipe down on the compass app (preinstalled) you also get pressure and altitute
    Screenshot_20210823_123732_compass.png
    Screenshot_20210823_123738_compass.png
    I discussed this matter with Samsung members, of course no any result, But the good news is that after today's update CUJ2 this bug is fixed and now you can easily swipe to see all info.
    It came pre-installed on my watch (the uninstall option is grayed out)
    This is the icon
    image.png
    Damn, you are right! I was seeing this horizontal bar on the bottom so I had been trying to swipe for ages, but I just tried again and it worked, but it is a hit and miss thing; from the 50 attempts of swiping it works once 🤣 I guess they have to fix the touch sensitivity area on the compass app