Always on Display Landscape Mode

Search This thread

MrHomebrew

I decided to open this thread due to the fact that the Galaxy s7 Edge Always on Display does not recognize/rotate in landscape mode when the screen is off.

For some it may not matter. For others it will. For me it matters.

Now I was able to achieve landscape mode on my Lockscreen

Adding these two lines to build.prop:

log.tag.launcher_force_rotate=VERBOSE
lockscreen.rot_override=true

Also I achieved Landscape on my launcher with Nova Launcher, then in settings, look and feel I enabled auto rotate.

As for the always on Display I have not been able to find any information.

If anyone has any information on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Demonstration video below (YouTube):

https://youtu.be/5ARSmmi4hTA

Last edited:

hasek82

Aug 23, 2010
Norrbotten
I decided to open this thread due to the fact that the Galaxy s7 Edge Always on Display does not recognize/rotate in landscape mode when the screen is off.

Also I achieved Landscape on my launcher with Nova Launcher, then in settings, look and feel I enabled auto rotate.

Thanks.

How can i activate auto rotation to landscape mode in touchwiz? Not only in a app

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

gdude2307

May 31, 2015
At one point I could rotate my display in any direction (even upside down) and always on display, as well as touchwiz, would rotate. For some reason that no longer works. I guess a bug gave me what I wanted for a bit. The camera app can be used upside down and you can temporarily use the phone upside down after closing the camera app but it doesn't seem to effect Always On Diaplay. I want to use my phone as an alarm clock on a stand, preferably in landscape so this is a disappointment.

MrHomebrew

At one point I could rotate my display in any direction (even upside down) and always on display, as well as touchwiz, would rotate. For some reason that no longer works. I guess a bug gave me what I wanted for a bit. The camera app can be used upside down and you can temporarily use the phone upside down after closing the camera app but it doesn't seem to effect Always On Diaplay. I want to use my phone as an alarm clock on a stand, preferably in landscape so this is a disappointment.

I'm sure all in due time and if we all spread the word and gain interest we can make this happen. Just have to figure out the proper resources and direction to take to remedy the issue.

Would be nice if samsung just enabled rotation support for always on display and Lockscreen.

Turki Alkhateeb

Apr 2, 2016
JEDDAH
I've developed an android app for bringing Always On to all android devices with AMOLED screens. It's called "Always On: Ambient Clock" . And it does support landscape mode.
I can't post a link now since I have only 5 posts but you can search for it on Play Store.

Turki Alkhateeb

Apr 2, 2016
JEDDAH
Needs the ability for everything being displayed to move random after about a minute. For it to stay stationary is not good for the display.

Also it prevents the wave to wake feature from working on samsung devices.

Needs some work.
Hi, I just pushed an update for fixing burn-in issue.

I don't think it's possible to add the wave to unlock feature as the proximity sensor is used to detect if the device is in pocket or flipped.

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: MrHomebrew

MrHomebrew

I don't think it's possible to add the wave to unlock feature as the proximity sensor is used to detect if the device is in pocket or flipped.

I think if you set a slight delay for in pocket detection may help. Or make it less sensitive, it goes black if I just hover my hand over the screen. Should be a delay or less chance of accidently enabling it.

Samsung has it on the s7 edge that you can have pocket detection and wave to wake.

Must be a way around it.

billdavismagic

Feb 21, 2017
Figured out a workaround.

I realize this post is almost a year old but I have discovered a workaround, at least for the Photo Frame option of the Always On Display. If you make a separate album in your photo gallery with your pictures ROTATED to landscape orientation, and then assign that specific album, it will work.

Reactions: donvito2021

akrasna

Jun 14, 2012
nice app - just installed it -anyone know if the battery usage / screen burnin issues on this are better / worse than the s8 always-on?

I really appreciate the landscape - hate in the middle of the night the night to see it sideways

Laoretti

Nov 18, 2018
Found a way if your rooted

Thanks.

If you are rooted and have Xposed installer go ahead and get gravity box(n) and enable lock screen rotation it should work it worked for me on my Galaxy S6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.

Needs the ability for everything being displayed to move random after about a minute. For it to stay stationary is not good for the display.

Also it prevents the wave to wake feature from working on samsung devices.

Needs some work.

Figured out a workaround.

I realize this post is almost a year old but I have discovered a workaround, at least for the Photo Frame option of the Always On Display. If you make a separate album in your photo gallery with your pictures ROTATED to landscape orientation, and then assign that specific album, it will work.