• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Always on display on Poco X3 Pro

Search This thread

exhumator

Dec 11, 2010
Batanovci
Hey, we do not have option to set always on display on Poco X3 Pro,but is there any way to do that? Or any aplication? I try some from Googleplay, but they are for amoled screens. Thanks for any answers :) .

thorin0815

Apr 27, 2017
Germany
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
no sense? how bout LG G7? still no sense?
I don't know this device.

Cut&Paste from Quora (I'm lazy!):

Here’s the main difference between OLED screens and LCD screens: when an OLED screen displays black, the pixels are powered off, so the battery is not being drained by the screen but when an LCD screen displays black, it does so by tinting the backlight dark, which means the screen is still generating light and is hence draining the battery.

An always on display requires the screen to show the time (and some extra details) constantly. In an OLED screen, this means only the pixels that are displaying the time are turned on, which results in less battery drain. But when it comes to LCD displays, there’s no difference in battery drain during always on display versus normal usage (taking into consideration only battery drain due to display).

Reactions: few__
Hey, we do not have option to set always on display on Poco X3 Pro,but is there any way to do that? Or any aplication? I try some from Googleplay, but they are for amoled screens. Thanks for any answers :) .
There are no apps for always on display on LCD screen's , only if you move to an custom AOSP rom, you will find that feature (but you will experience battery draining!!!).

Here’s the main difference between OLED screens and LCD screens: when an OLED screen displays black, the pixels are powered off, so the battery is not being drained by the screen but when an LCD screen displays black, it does so by tinting the backlight dark, which means the screen is still generating light and is hence draining the battery.

An always on display requires the screen to show the time (and some extra details) constantly. In an OLED screen, this means only the pixels that are displaying the time are turned on, which results in less battery drain. But when it comes to LCD displays, there’s no difference in battery drain during always on display versus normal usage (taking into consideration only battery drain due to display).
bruh? just check specification on gsmarena or anywhere. they usin IPS not OLED, and u didnt need explain like dis because u didnt understand about AoD is!

AoD its actually software, not OLED or IPS or bla bla bla, stupid explanation!

• Angry
Reactions: i_sagnik

thorin0815

Apr 27, 2017
Germany
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
bruh? just check specification on gsmarena or anywhere. they usin IPS not OLED, and u didnt need explain like dis because u didnt understand about AoD is!

Better read my post again, preferably two or three times, and then you may understand why an AoD on an LCD / IPS panel makes relatively little sense. Does it basically work? Yes it does and I have never said anything to the contrary.

Better read my post again, preferably two or three times, and then you may understand why an AoD on an LCD / IPS panel makes relatively little sense. Does it basically work? Yes it does and I have never said anything to the contrary.
yea i know, but i talk about more user's choice, not company or MIUI choice. i hope AoD still work in IPS panel.
in ur post u explain how AoD and screen work and hardware work, but here i more talk about choice AoD software. There is ton explanation about different LCD and AMOLED in youtube and i already watched it, so i no need explanation about panel.

Thankyou

Holly damn... How people like that manage to live in this world if they think and act like that....

AoD on device with IPS screen is like keeping engine running in the car ALL THE TIME even if you park it in your garage during night....
yea i know, but give user's choice without rooting or change OS. that what i want or people want (maybe). there is phone out there, has option to turn on AoD. user's already (or must ) know what effect if turn on AoD. if user use IPS panel, maybe u cant longer turn on AoD than AMOLED panel. just need complex setting, simple as that

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Holly damn... How people like that manage to live in this world if they think and act like that....

AoD on device with IPS screen is like keeping engine running in the car ALL THE TIME even if you park it in your garage during night....
    " I try some from Googleplay, but they are for amoled screens." :) .
    I think you just answer your own question !

An always on display makes no sense with an IPS panel.
    " I try some from Googleplay, but they are for amoled screens." :) .
    I think you just answer your own question !
    no sense? how bout LG G7? still no sense?