Question Always On Display Stays only for Few seconds- Redmi Note 10 Sunny

Search This thread

Dron74

Apr 26, 2021
When using AOD (always on), the phone is discharged by ~ 20-25% overnight, is it exactly what you need? AOD was turned on by a module for magisk.

Dron74

Apr 26, 2021
How come i don't have the EU rom, considering mine is the UK version? (bought from Amazon)
because some not very "smart" forget to mention that they use LOCALIZED (xiaomi.eu) firmware, and not official, because of this, there is no understanding, like "how does it work for him, but I do not"

seedaripper

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol
because some not very "smart" forget to mention that they use LOCALIZED (xiaomi.eu) firmware, and not official, because of this, there is no understanding, like "how does it work for him, but I do not"
So you're saying that people who bought the RN 10 pro from elsewhere, i.e NOT from the Mi store or Amazon had an unofficial ROM (EU) whereas buyers from said stores got the official ROM (Global)?
All that aside one assumes that peeps are actively working on the EU ROM and Xiaomi are dragging their frigging heels on their Global offering.

Dron74

Apr 26, 2021
So you're saying that people who bought the RN 10 pro from elsewhere, i.e NOT from the Mi store or Amazon had an unofficial ROM (EU) whereas buyers from said stores got the official ROM (Global)?
All that aside one assumes that peeps are actively working on the EU ROM and Xiaomi are dragging their frigging heels on their Global offering.
No, I say that people bought a phone with a normal firmware, after that they unblocked the bootloader and installed a localized firmware, because the stock does not suit them, and in the localized one there is a lot of "what they need".

On the stock firmware, on any localization (EU, MI, RU, TW. TR, IN, ID) there is no choice of a permanently enabled AOD, this is achieved either by disabling the optimization or by a module in the magisk. So something like this ...

Kinley7272

Apr 5, 2021
No, sorry for confusion. I meant the custom ROM xiaomi.eu. with that one you'll get AOD.
And no, it's not draining the battery over night. If you select, that AOD ist turned off in low light conditions it will drain nothing, cause it's off. Simple as that. Over the day it's not so much at all. Using it for 1-2 weeks no.

seedaripper

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol
No, I say that people bought a phone with a normal firmware, after that they unblocked the bootloader and installed a localized firmware, because the stock does not suit them, and in the localized one there is a lot of "what they need".

On the stock firmware, on any localization (EU, MI, RU, TW. TR, IN, ID) there is no choice of a permanently enabled AOD, this is achieved either by disabling the optimization or by a module in the magisk. So something like this
I've heard about turning off optimization (unfortunately i don't get the option in developer settings?) besides doing that you lose other functionality if i'm not mistaken? My GF's mi 9 has permanent AOD and she has no battery draining issues (also the screen moves every couple of minute to avoid burn in) this has already been implemented on Xiaomi devices, so why can't they be arsed to do the exact same thing to the RN 10 pro? i don't want a custom firmware and the hassle of doing it. A quick question though, with the custom FW can you access google assistant from standby? because currently i can't on this global ROM, but it maybe an android issue, i've created another thread on this topic.

Dron74

Apr 26, 2021
I've heard about turning off optimization (unfortunately i don't get the option in developer settings?) besides doing that you lose other functionality if i'm not mistaken? My GF's mi 9 has permanent AOD and she has no battery draining issues (also the screen moves every couple of minute to avoid burn in) this has already been implemented on Xiaomi devices, so why can't they be arsed to do the exact same thing to the RN 10 pro? i don't want a custom firmware and the hassle of doing it. A quick question though, with the custom FW can you access google assistant from standby? because currently i can't on this global ROM, but it maybe an android issue, i've created another thread on this topic.
Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question, I am using stock firmware and not a supporter of "localized" ones.
Disabling optimization was hidden with the last update, and this is not a panacea, I agree with you.
I found it interesting if the AOD version is 2.4 or 2.6, that is, the choice is "always on" or "on schedule", since version 2.7 this function has disappeared.
APK files were taken on apkmirror, if you manage to downgrade the version of the AOD application without root, then you can try to install and see how it works..

Ps. Unfortunately, if you just update at the top of the application, it will work until the reboot, after the reboot all changes disappear and the version becomes 2.9 again. ((

Attachments

• 24-1.jpg
    24-1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 24-3.jpg
    24-3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 26-1.jpg
    26-1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 26-3.jpg
    26-3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

seedaripper

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol
You say " Something like this..." Leading to something? what was it?
Also can you only use 'magisk' if you have your phone rooted/open bootloader for custom FW? or can it be used as an app (No root)
On the stock firmware, on any localization (EU, MI, RU, TW. TR, IN, ID) there is no choice of a permanently enabled AOD, this is achieved either by disabling the optimization or by a module in the magisk. So something like this ...

Dron74

Apr 26, 2021
You say " Something like this..." Leading to something? what was it?
Sorry, this is a common pun that Google hasn't been able to translate (meaningless). I don't speak English, so I have to use a translator.
Also can you only use 'magisk' if you have your phone rooted/open bootloader for custom FW? or can it be used as an app (No root)
Magisk (root), only works with unlocked bootloader.
It remains to be hoped that the Chinese will listen to the requests of users and turn on the full operation of the application, but for some reason it seems to me that this will not happen ...

• Sad
Reactions: seedaripper

seedaripper

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol
It remains to be hoped that the Chinese will listen to the requests of users and turn on the full operation of the application, but for some reason it seems to me that this will not happen ...
Hmm, i don't know. Quite a few bods are a bit pissed off over on the MI forums, why not go over and make your voice heard?
If enough people complain maybe something might get done?

Reactions: davide.an120

seedaripper

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol
You're not going to believe this...( This happened an hour before i even tried a 3rd party app as responded to, uptop)

This is strange? it is currently working!!!? Checked my phone made a cup of coffee came back and the AOD is still on? i stared at it for 2 minutes and sure enough the time moved (in order to stop burn in) yay..is this a fluke?

Update...
Yes it bloody well was, i've just tried it by turning it on and off (back to standby) and the AOD has gone back to 10 seconds??!
What the F$*K? it worked for some unknown reason, and now back to being crap??

Smileruk1

Mar 6, 2018
I am considering purchasing the Redmi Note 10 Pro(UK version) but the comments on this thread have put me off as 10 seconds is certainly not 'Always on' by my definition. I have contacted Service Support(UK) and asked if this is a known issue and,if so,when it is likely to be resolved. I have today received the following email response ;

'Thank you for your interest with our product.

Please be informed that you can configure our Always on Display feature by simply following these steps.

Settings> Always-on display & Lock screen>Show items'

Can any owner here confirm this is a solution to the issue or just a load of bull ?!

Cheers.

Phil

seedaripper

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol
I am considering purchasing the Redmi Note 10 Pro(UK version) but the comments on this thread have put me off as 10 seconds is certainly not 'Always on' by my definition. I have contacted Service Support(UK) and asked if this is a known issue and,if so,when it is likely to be resolved. I have today received the following email response ;

Please be informed that you can configure our Always on Display feature by simply following these steps.

Can any owner here confirm this is a solution to the issue or just a load of bull ?!

Cheers.

Phil
Hi Phil, which support did you use? Xiaomi direct? or something like Amazon? also did you specifically say Redmi note 10 (pro) ?
Don't be put off by this as i'm sure it will get fixed at some point, but i think the only way to do that is to send feedback via your xiaomi phone asking for it or showing support in the Mi forums./twitter/facebook etc.

...if enough voices are heard they will have to implement it..in answer to your question though (depending on the source) it was bull**** as the 10 seconds still stands. :cautious:

Reactions: davide.an120

Smileruk1

Mar 6, 2018
Hi Phil, which support did you use? Xiaomi direct? or something like Amazon? also did you specifically say Redmi note 10 (pro) ?
Don't be put off by this as i'm sure it will get fixed at some point, but i think the only way to do that is to send feedback via your xiaomi phone asking for it or showing support in the Mi forums./twitter/facebook etc.

...if enough voices are heard they will have to implement it..in answer to your question though (depending on the source) it was bull**** as the 10 seconds still stands. :cautious:
Hi there

Thanks for your response.I contacted Xiaomi UK direct via email and yes I specified the Note 10 Pro.

Your response was no surprise to me,sadly.It's a pity they cannot be honest as this is clearly a known issue and I'm not prepared to take the plunge and make a purchase until this is fixed.

Phil

cbarandas

May 10, 2013
Vila Real
Hi there

Thanks for your response.I contacted Xiaomi UK direct via email and yes I specified the Note 10 Pro.

Your response was no surprise to me,sadly.It's a pity they cannot be honest as this is clearly a known issue and I'm not prepared to take the plunge and make a purchase until this is fixed.

Phil
There is a
Hi there

Phil
You can use a Magisk module

seedaripper

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol

Cheers.

Phil
Hi Phil, there is no show items option? there is display items and the blue tab for 10 seconds after tapping : recommended...but pressing it does nothing so it's not configurable.
I've been tweeting Xiaomi support on every article they post just to be a fly in the ointment..if enough people keep doing it i'm sure something will get done.
In relation to cbarandas comment and Magisk, we shouldn't have to do that really.

See.

Reactions: Smileruk1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anybody experienced or discovered that Redmi Note 10 AOD doesn't stay as intended? Supposedly to stay On Always but after few seconds after locking the phone, the AOD switches off.
    Has anybody experienced or discovered that Redmi Note 10 AOD doesn't stay as intended? Supposedly to stay On Always but after few seconds after locking the phone, the AOD switches off.
    Try this:
    Developer options - disable Miui optimization.
    UK Note 10 pro user here and the AOD - or lack of it - is really irritating. I've also contacted support but have yet to receive a reply. Hopefully they'll fix this issue with an OTA update. At least for now I have notifications working using a 3rd party app (aodNotfiy)

I'll report back if/when I hear back from Xiaomi.
    Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question, I am using stock firmware and not a supporter of "localized" ones.
    Disabling optimization was hidden with the last update, and this is not a panacea, I agree with you.
    I found it interesting if the AOD version is 2.4 or 2.6, that is, the choice is "always on" or "on schedule", since version 2.7 this function has disappeared.
    APK files were taken on apkmirror, if you manage to downgrade the version of the AOD application without root, then you can try to install and see how it works..

Ps. Unfortunately, if you just update at the top of the application, it will work until the reboot, after the reboot all changes disappear and the version becomes 2.9 again. ((
    Ok, so not being able to set AOD to always or scheduled is not a bug then?? I've read somewhere that with the last update this bug was fixed (Indian version), can someone confirm? How abot Xiaomi.eu ROM - is it that hard to activate this feature? I mean it has AMOLED screen, why not...
    IMHO, i consider this as a bug. From the name itself, ALWAYS ON DISPLAY, it is supposed to be displayed all the time as users wish to, but the MIUI optimization restricts its purpose.

Well, hopefully if the latest version rolls-out to us, this bug is already been resolved.