• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Always On Edge - Edge Lighting App

Search This thread

tonyaross

Jun 11, 2013
There are about 6 phones, but I turned them all purple. Boom magic now everything is totally setup.

Thank you

Why couldnt Samsunge do this....ugh

I typed in phone.

Then went into all of them. Turned it to always(one of them has a bug and wont change past 8secs) turned them all purple.

Then went and set it to notch and Zero CPU. I'm running a super thin light so if it does burn in I won't notice.

Called my phone on the house phone, and boom purple light came on.

I havent seen but is there a way for the lights to rotate colors? Like if u have more than one notification?

I havent seen that switch eaither if there is one.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

One of the phones is for when u lose service service. I was driving and didnt have roaming turned on for data. Then was hit with my purple light. Need to check them one by one with a phone call I suppose.

Thank you! I got it to work.

Does "Gmail" notification work for you? After making the "missed call" work, this is my last problem.

damulta

Sep 21, 2015
Yes I turned on Gmail on blue and it stayed on. I dont think there is an option to rotate the colors. So whatever notifation u got last is what stays on the screen.

I hope there is an update to rotate the notifications.

I tried the repeat every 8 to 10 secs with no luck. With the always on in the personalize app settings.

Reactions: tonyaross

Xedmann

Aug 8, 2012
DENMARK
Massive battery drain

Hi all

I'm using S10 exynos version.
I find that there is a massive battery drain when a notification comes in. About 10-15 % per hour.... What to do? :confused:
I'm using the stable light and always on. (should have 0% cpu usage)

Also my fingerprint reader doesn't work, when I get a notification. It's like AOE overrules everything.
I have to turn on screen, and then open with fingerprint. It's a small thing, but still a bit annoying. :)

Does anyone have a fix for this? :)

Last edited:

bad_turbulence

Jul 18, 2019
really bad

Happy to see the effort, but this app is not very good.

I so agree with you. It's a cluster fubar. I wish someone on this forum could give us the real skinny on how to set this up. For example, i'll give you an example of just how messed up this is. If you go to the bottom and tell it you need help, it takes you to a screen and if you go down to SAMSUNG, the instructions don't pertain to the menus (for example in the battery area). It's totally bogus. Sorry to be so honest, but i'm not good at sugar coating. There are so many steps and settings that are not written intuitively ...... it's just poorly written and a total puzzle and riddle wrapped into one. The videos on youtube are few and far between (how about 1).
This is just an exercise in futility. HELP!!!!!

Ravishingchaos

Aug 18, 2019
Though I have sorta figured it fully out to show just a ring LED on notifications - it seems im stuck in some sorta double lock screen world. One lock screen is the app itself where i have to swipe/fingerprint to then get to my normal lock screen.

Anyone have a quick how to on a way to get this working as just strictly a notification only?

I found that if you do app settings...then instead of black screen it works. You'll have to reset the wallpaper tho.:laugh:

YaPaY

Jun 25, 2010
Zurich
Hi all

I'm using S10 exynos version.
I find that there is a massive battery drain when a notification comes in. About 10-15 % per hour.... What to do? :confused:
I'm using the stable light and always on. (should have 0% cpu usage)

Also my fingerprint reader doesn't work, when I get a notification. It's like AOE overrules everything.
I have to turn on screen, and then open with fingerprint. It's a small thing, but still a bit annoying. :)

Does anyone have a fix for this? :)

same here no any solution yet. because of this I am looking for another app for notification

izephyr

Dec 2, 2010
Narayanganj
So far this has been the most perfect app for me for this purpose. But there is a catch. When I configured it alone it was having some issue, like the aod was flickering when notification was showing. But another favourite comes in to fix. I don't know how both apps are working together to fix things up for me, but it is working perfectly and without those battery drain. First, configure Holey Light and zet hide AOD with no notifications enabled. Give holey light necessary permissions. Then disable Holey Light. Now install AOE and configure. It is showing perfectly, every time I need.

fingerpicker

Jan 20, 2020
Found this thread while searching for a solution Brand new Galaxy S10e .. Found AOE and it looked like it might be helpful. It works for my messages app but not TypeApp, my email ...I have gone through the phone and AOE may times looking for something I've missed but no luck I have The built in edge notifications turned off and I think I have established all the right permissions ..Is there a secret to this?

Thank you

Acenason

May 25, 2020
When I use the app to do edge lighting for music (Spotify) it won't let me open my phone by clicking the unlock button.  It briefly flashes like it is going to work then goes back to the black screen with the edge lighting. Only way to open my phone is to double click the unlock power button to get to my camera which is a pain.  

Thanks! Hoping to find a fix 

mig77

Nov 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Adguard and Tasker appear even though they are not activated. What can I do? Screenshot_20201024-220605.jpg

Gesendet von meinem GM1913 mit Tapatalk

fango_vk

Sep 19, 2009
I'm having trouble make Always On Edge to continuosly repeat led notification, even if I check continuosly option or set time to repeat after 5 seconds .. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong?

any suggestion?

Claghorn

Oct 16, 2012
home.comcast.net
I installed this app, attempted to read the instructions in the app setup and uninstalled it because I didn't have the energy to sort through the gibberish and try to understand it. I don't suppose there is a web page anywhere with examples of how to implement different scenarios and exactly what settings to change where to achieve that? (All I really wanted was a way to get the edge light to stay on when there are notifications outstanding).

zzjea

Jan 16, 2017
Houston
OnePlus 8T
I have a purchased version and as of I think the latest update (6/2021) I am now getting an ERROR when saving settings. It does not work like it used to either. Various issues if it works at all. Anyone have this problem? I emailed the app but have no reply yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I thought I would start a thread since this seems to be the best app out there to replace our missing notifications LED. This seems to be the best solution at the moment but I'm having some issues.

1. I can't seem to get the colors to change on a per-app basis.
    2. The edge lighting around the notch doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone else figured this out or have any other suggestions?

Here is a link to the app for those that haven't tried it yet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.used.aoe
    Is it me or does this app have an archaic setup process? It just looks so dated and hard to use.
    @miramar3,

First off, the app posted in the original post isn't the OP's app. Secondly, it isn't garbage. While it does take some effort to figure out, it's working fine for me. You'll get a lot more help on this forum with a more positive attitude....
    Unfortunately it drains 10% battery...sorry..will uninstall soon
    Unfortunately app does work, but far from great unfortunately.