• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Am I doing something wrong? I can't change my CSC

Search This thread

shadowwisp1

Feb 22, 2017
Hey guys, while I am not new to this, it has been several years.

I recently got a used unlocked Comcast/Xifinity S21 (snapdragon). I have a T-mobile SIM card.

I tried flashing the rom to stock U1 which worked great but my signal is poor. While connected to Wi-Fi, the mobile networks/Network Operators in settings shows "T-mobile Wi-Fi Calling". But while I am not connected to Wi-Fi, the Network Operators shows Xfinity Mobile.

Under software information, it shows: CCT/CCT/CCT

How I can fix this? I made sure to not click the HOME_CSC when using ODIN, and I even did this twice. Should I just try the U firmware instead? Or was this because I left the USERDATA section blank in ODIN? (I used XAA, and then TMB a second time under Frija to download the files though).

Thank you for your help

nambik

Jul 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I believe you are doing something wrong. Make sure you remove the sim card from your device and flash XAA software go through the initial setup process after the device reboots. Only after the device is fully loaded and the setup process is complete insert Tmobile sim card. At this point your device should show XAA/XAA/CCT. You cannot change the last value at this time, this value indicates the original carrier this device is purchased from. I believe Samsung needs to release a patch that will let you automatically change the last value based on the sim installed. At any point you want to revert this value to CCT/CCT/CCT just install a Comcast sim card and wait for Pop up that says Sim information updated and then reboot your device.

shadowwisp1

Feb 22, 2017
I believe you are doing something wrong. Make sure you remove the sim card from your device and flash XAA software go through the initial setup process after the device reboots. Only after the device is fully loaded and the setup process is complete insert Tmobile sim card. At this point your device should show XAA/XAA/CCT. You cannot change the last value at this time, this value indicates the original carrier this device is purchased from. I believe Samsung needs to release a patch that will let you automatically change the last value based on the sim installed. At any point you want to revert this value to CCT/CCT/CCT just install a Comcast sim card and wait for Pop up that says Sim information updated and then reboot your device.

I tried that method numerous times but could not get it to work. Luckily another user had a similar issue and used SamKey to fix it. I tried the same and it worked!

Just commenting now for anyone in the future who runs into this.

nambik

Jul 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Might be what would help everyone is the steps you followed to fix the issue and what does your software information show now? Or you can link back to the post that helped you.

shadowwisp1

Feb 22, 2017
Might be what would help everyone is the steps you followed to fix the issue and what does your software information show now? Or you can link back to the post that helped you.
Yup, i linked back to the post that helped me in the last post (it just has the same title as this one). Similar thread i created in the base S21 group