Am I screwed?

Search This thread

Auminer

May 24, 2012
S.E. Alaska
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Bought an S10 + G975USQU1ASBA and it only shows GLOBAL, LTE/3G/2G (autoconnect),3G/2G,(auto connect), 3G, and 2G under "Network Mode"
Then under "System select" it has "change CDMA roaming mode"
Does this mean I can't hook up to Consumer Cellular which uses GSM? I thought all Samsung's were GSM compatible that use Sim cards.

Youdoofus

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
Bought an S10 + G975USQU1ASBA and it only shows GLOBAL, LTE/3G/2G (autoconnect),3G/2G,(auto connect), 3G, and 2G under "Network Mode"
Does this mean I can't hook up to Consumer Cellular which uses GSM? I thought all Samsung's were GSM compatible that use Sim cards.
you shouldnt be screwed. If nothing else, you can flash the U1 firmware so it runs the unlocked firmware. From there, youd just need to make sure that its unlocked and youre gtg. If its network locked, then youll need a paid service to unlock it. Usually anywhere from $7 to $20 or so.

Reactions: Auminer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you shouldnt be screwed. If nothing else, you can flash the U1 firmware so it runs the unlocked firmware. From there, youd just need to make sure that its unlocked and youre gtg. If its network locked, then youll need a paid service to unlock it. Usually anywhere from $7 to $20 or so.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone