Am I stupid if I upgrade from Nexus One to Captivate ?

Search This thread

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
G1 Blaze, HTC Glacier? those are not going to trump the Galaxy S, infact, I think the benchmarks prove otherwise with the SGS coming out on top. Keep your brown phone.

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
Because if they (pay attention) already have an N1 it makes absolutely no sense to buy a phone with lesser quality (no camera flash) and no froyo and right now my N1 runs circles around all but the droidx for 1ghz phones. And yes some of them are pushing froyo so don't even try it. If he updates it should be to a phone far superior to the one he has now. And boodies, you need help.
Take a picture for us in the dark and post it on here for us. or better yet hit in the 50+ mflops and post that, otherwise, yawn...get you some business.

lol... keep telling yourself that. Can your flash do this? No, can any flash do this? no. ps - the droid x is no SGS. Wait till froyo hits. We'll see whatsup. hehe. Keep yer malfunctioning screen. And keep dreaming of ever achieving 3000+ quad score because you never will. :) Once all the dev's put in full support, this phone will literally blow everything out of the water. 1.6 Gigahertz is also considered a safe level for the Hummingbird to be oc'ed to.

Vibrants-Camera2.jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Blueman101

Jan 6, 2010
Vegas, Baby!
G1 Blaze, HTC Glacier? those are not going to trump the Galaxy S, infact, I think the benchmarks prove otherwise with the SGS coming out on top. Keep your brown phone.

as i posted earlier, how many apps in the market are currently optimized to run on a quad core? None, so currently no real tests can be done to utilize the Glacier (if it is in fact a dual core)

kamasi36

Aug 8, 2008
Canyon Country
well folks, we're beating a dead horse here lol. lets just enjoy our phones and get along :)
Yeah and stop posting misleading pics. Your phone can't take a pic in the dark, only when there is some kind of light available. Ex. Sunset etc. So yeah you are beating a dead horse and that be you. No flash = no flash alerts, no pics in dark = no good. 50+mflops? I'm still waiting...yawn....
http://phandroid.com/2010/07/19/t-mobile-samsung-vibrant-review/

Evidence. Your phone is already outdated. Lol.

Last edited:

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
Yeah and stop posting misleading pics. Your phone can't take a pic in the dark, only when there is some kind of light available. Ex. Sunset etc. So yeah you are beating a dead horse and that be you. No flash = no flash alerts, no pics in dark = no good. 50+mflops? I'm still waiting...yawn....
http://phandroid.com/2010/07/19/t-mobile-samsung-vibrant-review/

Evidence. Your phone is already outdated. Lol.

lol, if you want a real camera get a dslr like I did. no amount of led flash can light the whole scene like the SGS can. 50+mflops? lol, just wait till froyo hits.

kamasi36

Aug 8, 2008
Canyon Country
True that. But as of right now your phone can't take a pic in the dark, no flash alerts, no 720p in the dark (my nexus can) and no 50+ mflops. So why would the author of this thread want to get rid of his bird in hand, lol, in hopes of what? What kills the Vibrant is the plastic quality, tmobile bloatware, along with the above mentioned and Samsung's history of updates. You're depending and placing a lot of hope on the devs no doubt. And by the time you catch up to Nexus in mflops if ever, Nexus will be a year old or better. Only an idiot would get rid of something proven for something hoped for. My opinion of course.

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
i am not sure what you mean by plastiky. It actually feels very sturdy and solid. Did you even see the drop test? Flash alert is mimicd by displaying a colored pixel. The Super AMOLED screen only lights up pixels that are used. Hence saving battery life. You probably have never seen a pure black screen lol. Samsung will probably hit 60-80 mflops with the hummingbird :) Found out today that you don't even have wireless N. FAIL Samsungs history of updates? lol, they are number 1 in many fields for a reason. Probably makes more than htc and apple combined.

bratfink

Feb 8, 2010
London
I have had both the nexus one and now own an sgs and to put it simply everything I could do on the nexus one I can now do on my galaxy s but just twice as good. I don't need froyo to have the fastest phone out because I already do. Yes the sgs is definitely worth the upgrade. It beats the nexus in every way... Unless your a photographer and if you are, then stop using your phone a get a bloody camera.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

maRioHD

Mar 11, 2010
Nexus one has amoled so it works in the same fashion as super amoled the only difference is super amoled is better in sunlight and even more energy efficient. Also nexus one is in fact capable of wireless n. It was just not included into the official build, but lots of Roms got them.

But Im not here to argue what is better, I would only hope the sgs is better than my n1 since it is about 8 months old since it launched so that way you guys get you moneys worth. I am happy with my n1, and how its specs are still not out dated and just barely being surpassed marginally. But congrats on you new phone its one of the best out there today. My hope for all you sgs guys is you can get a couple months of claiming that status like our nexus ones before both of our phone' specs look like child's play. Plus that should happen soon by the time gingerbread is out, the clock is ticking. Which by then might be a worthwhile idea to upgrade but not at the current moment for me atleast with my n1.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

nazrin313

Mar 6, 2010
I played around with a friend's sgs last time n i was very impressed with it... although plastic its really beautifully designed n built...

However, overall it's not as awesome as the nexus... the google phone is still the elvis of all mobile devices... long live nexus one...

smashpunks

Aug 6, 2010
Portland
True that. But as of right now your phone can't take a pic in the dark, no flash alerts, no 720p in the dark (my nexus can) and no 50+ mflops. So why would the author of this thread want to get rid of his bird in hand, lol, in hopes of what? What kills the Vibrant is the plastic quality, tmobile bloatware, along with the above mentioned and Samsung's history of updates. You're depending and placing a lot of hope on the devs no doubt. And by the time you catch up to Nexus in mflops if ever, Nexus will be a year old or better. Only an idiot would get rid of something proven for something hoped for. My opinion of course.

Can your nexus one distinguish 2 fingers on the same axis? In a 3g area most phones are on 3g where as the n1 on edge unless you force it...lmfaoooo ... can your n1 play really high graphical games?(yes but next to the sgs it looks like crap). Can your n1 have hundreds of apps? No especially without apps to ad with that measly 194 mb of rom...lol...

Sgs wins in these

Camera (yes even without a flash) more Camera options too...lol oh 720p without a hack and looks much better than n1.

CPU ( yes it miltitasks better than n1)

Speakerphone ( n1 speakers suck and can't hear ****, sgs speakers are Much louder)

mp3 player. (Sgs has a awesome player with aqualizer)

Video player ( n1 has 3rd party apps that don't look well I.e. rock player , out the box the sgs plays xvid, avi dvix etc...

Gpu ( neno mark 1 gpu test sgs does 45fps n1 does 12.5..lol)

Memory (no contest 194mb vs 16gb)

screen (super amoled makes regular poop)

benchmarks ( only one n1 wins in is linpack due to jit, but even then the sgs still bears it in all other benchmarks and just wait till we get froyo...
Touch screen (n1 has the worst mt screen I've ever seen, can't even track 2 fingers so most games that are mt are out the question. Sgs has unlimited amount of fingers it can register, hell the n1 can't even have a Multitouch keyboard due the the crossing axis issue) and the sgs is the perfect size I.e. 4.0...

N1 has a screen that wigs out sometimes registering the wrong touch..lol

Listen. I love my n1, its a great phone... should you get a sgs if you have a n1? Probably not, unless you want the best phone out. The sgs is just a better all around experience , from the brighter bigger screen to the tons of memory and flawless touch screen. Movies are amazing on this thing. So are games....

Sgs ftw but yes your n1s are still sweet...

Last edited:

stumo5

Jan 19, 2010
I think the point you SGS fanbois are missing is that is isn't that much of an upgrade over OP's existing N1. This is made even worse by the following points:
1. The N1 is nearly 9 months old, and yet still holds its own against this newcomer.
2. There are some awesome phones out very, very soon, that will put both phones to shame.
3. Gingerbread is just around the corner too, for N1.

So in summary, the SGS is slightly better performance than N1, nobody is doubting that. But the SGS is about the get owned by new devices before year end. Whereas the N1 will be getting stable Gingerbread by then to give it a shot in the arm. So really, stfu.

MaD FroYo

Jun 8, 2010
Palmela
Well, let's see:

1. The Nexus One is almost 9 months old but still is the OFFICIAL Google dev phone and the FIRST to receive any Android OS upgrades -including Gingerbread 3.0. The construction is just superb and puts the SGS cheapy and plastic one to shame.

2. Nexus One owners have been tasting full, official FroYo, for almost 2 months now.

3. SGS was released in Europe in June and is "expected" to have 2.2 by the "end of the summer", but knowing about the miserable reputation of Samsung regarding user support and system updates... Let's see what happens in the end!

4. After 8 months the Nexus One is still the benchmark for the Android platform!

5. Within 8 months, the SGS users will have an outdated and expensive plastic toy in their hands with reduced or no system updates at all.

... And the list could go on and on!

Here in Portugal, the device is an exclusive to TMN (which happens to be my carrier) so you can only get it from them.

The price of the SGS, carrier locked and full of their bloatware costs 400 EUR (US$ 510). As an option, you can have it for 100 EUR (US$ 110) but also have to subscribe a 24 months contract at 100 EUR/month. It includes unlimited calls to any national carrier and "unlimited" data/internet. Oh, the unlimited is between quotes is because there's actually a limit of 62GB/month, if you read the small letters in the contract.

In comparison, I've bought my Nexus One last June in Spain, BNIB carrier and bloatware free, for 300 EUR (US$ 380) -including overnight express shipping to PT, I'm on a totally free, no compromises pre-paid plan and my phone does the job as good or better than any other phone out there!

MaD FroYo

Jun 8, 2010
Palmela
Can your nexus one distinguish 2 fingers on the same axis? In a 3g area most phones are on 3g where as the n1 on edge unless you force it...lmfaoooo ... can your n1 play really high graphical games?(yes but next to the sgs it looks like crap). Can your n1 have hundreds of apps? No especially without apps to ad with that measly 194 mb of rom...lol...

Sgs wins in these

Camera (yes even without a flash) more Camera options too...lol oh 720p without a hack and looks much better than n1.

CPU ( yes it miltitasks better than n1)

Speakerphone ( n1 speakers suck and can't hear ****, sgs speakers are Much louder)

mp3 player. (Sgs has a awesome player with aqualizer)

Video player ( n1 has 3rd party apps that don't look well I.e. rock player , out the box the sgs plays xvid, avi dvix etc...

Gpu ( neno mark 1 gpu test sgs does 45fps n1 does 12.5..lol)

Memory (no contest 194mb vs 16gb)

screen (super amoled makes regular poop)

benchmarks ( only one n1 wins in is linpack due to jit, but even then the sgs still bears it in all other benchmarks and just wait till we get froyo...
Touch screen (n1 has the worst mt screen I've ever seen, can't even track 2 fingers so most games that are mt are out the question. Sgs has unlimited amount of fingers it can register, hell the n1 can't even have a Multitouch keyboard due the the crossing axis issue) and the sgs is the perfect size I.e. 4.0...

N1 has a screen that wigs out sometimes registering the wrong touch..lol

Listen. I love my n1, its a great phone... should you get a sgs if you have a n1? Probably not, unless you want the best phone out. The sgs is just a better all around experience , from the brighter bigger screen to the tons of memory and flawless touch screen. Movies are amazing on this thing. So are games....

Hmmm... Just tried to navigate in a few Flash sites with my friend's new SGS and it showed me the middle finger?! Why's that ?! It's a simple task for my 'outdated' N1.

Tsc, tsc... My friend left disappointed! :D

norazi

Mar 30, 2010
Its not much of an upgrade but it is still overall a better piece of hardware. You cant just ignore the n1’s huge flaws such as the innaccurate touchscreen and now googles lack of accesory support.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also looked at the Galaxy S series (although the Vibrant not the Captivate) but I prefer the trackball for being able to precisely edit text. I think that Gingerbread will make a world of difference and the N1will of course get it first... Samsung has a horrible history of updates and on a more personal level Touchwiz looks like a cartoon and I hate it. I LOVE stock (vanilla) android. Just my humble opinion.