Amazfit - boot into fastboot directly

• Thread starter Deleted member 4490808
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 4490808

Hi,

I finally found the real method to boot our Amazfit watch into fastboot. It is difficult to success at any time, but you should be able to boot fastboot directly after some try.
Here is the procedure : (I've made a video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlXoeq30vM0 )

When you try, I advice to put the watch in its charging base, the usb Cable connected to the base, but not on the PC.
Here are the steps to go in fastboot mode :
1) press the power button 2 seconds
2) release the button et repress it again without releasing it
3) when the screen of the watch switch off, plug the usb cable.
4) when the screen turn on, count from 1 to 4. At 4 release the power button. You are now in fastboot.
If it fails, try again. It is a little difficult. :D

Hope this helps.
kiralex

Last edited by a moderator:

1immortal

Aug 19, 2007
Petah Tiqwa
dogodroid.comuf.com
OMG!

edit:
how the hell do i get those files inside with only wastboot mode ... FFS

2nd edit: @Neuer_User, I have the pulled mmcblk0p7 on the storage, is there any possible way of pushing it back into the system via fastboot?

Attachments

• IMG_20170129_054217.jpg
    IMG_20170129_054217.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 1,655
Last edited:

Neuer_User

Jul 16, 2010
Guys, that is so great! And @kiralex1995 deserves highest thanks for his finding! We need to get a stickied post for this!!
@1immortal: I'll prepare instructions for you. You will need a modified boot image and then boot this. Then you can flash system from there!

MyriaBoa

Jan 19, 2017
Accidentally opened fastboot with a different method.
My device didn't show up under Windows 7, after I installed adb and fastboot drivers.

So with device connected to usb I typed adb kill-server, then adb start-server and adb wait-for-device then I switched it on and off... tadaa fastboot. See picture with command lines.

Attachments

• IMG_20170129_165554.jpg
    IMG_20170129_165554.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 4,228

Neuer_User

Jul 16, 2010
My device didn't show up under Windows 7, after I installed adb and fastboot drivers.

So with device connected to usb I typed adb kill-server, then adb start-server and adb wait-for-device then I switched it on and off... tadaa fastboot. See picture with command lines.
Interesting. See if you can make it reproducable. That would be great!

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I wrote some unbricking instructions and a flash script to recover bricked watches with @kiralex1995 method of entering fastboot.
Hope, it helps recover the small number of watches known to be bricked through flashing.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sm...tches/tutorial-unbrick-huami-amazfit-t3547300

Reactions: -MrMM- and khunao

MyriaBoa

Jan 19, 2017
My fastboot method was reproducable on a different machine on Windows 10 . Needed 2 attempts. Seems a question of timing. Right before it happens, the computer makes the notification sound for 'new usb device detected'.

Attachments

• IMG_20170130_092813.jpg
    IMG_20170130_092813.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 1,413
Last edited:

alexinc

Feb 4, 2008
My fastboot method was reproducable on a different machine on Windows 10 . Needed 2 attempts. Seems a question of timing. Right before it happens, the computer makes the notification sound for 'new usb device detected'.

maybe you need to explain a little bit more detailed? is the watch running and completely booted when you connect to usb and type those adb commands or is it switched off? when you turn it on, how fast do you turn it off? i didn't get it yet. please explain a bit more. :)

Reactions: Himel40

Neuer_User

Jul 16, 2010

It is interesting. Does it work with out th.e adb kill-server and adb start-server commands? I do not see, how they could be involved... :confused:
The adb wait-for-server might be the key. So, when the watch is started, there is some USB communication on-going. I'd love to do some testing on that. Will do that for sure, when I get the development watch :)

MyriaBoa

Jan 19, 2017
I' m not near my computer, so I can't do more tests now.
As I wrote in my first post, it wasn't my intention to open fastboot, when it accindentally happened for the first time.

The kill and start commands were given, because my Windows 7 machine pretended not to see the watch in adb (only as usb), and I thought, maybe it's detected, when I turn it on while adb is waiting for device and the usb notification 'kicks in'.

But nothing happened, so I pushed the button, to turn the watch off again.
To my surprise the result was fastboot.

I repeated the same steps today on my Windows 10 computer that always detects the watch in adb and it opened fastboot again.

watson222

Dec 13, 2017
Could you specify for which build or version you tried this? I (unfortunately) had the update to 1.3.5 and there seems to be no way to enter fastboot. It also is not recognised as an adb device

tfsgamerpt

Nov 10, 2015
I have a amazfit pace but he is stucked on a update screen and when I try entring in fast boot mode he doesn´t enter and goes to update again and don´t conclude that. What can I do?

Poborak

Oct 18, 2013
Did anybody managed to get Amazfit 2 (stratos) to fastboot using this method? thx...

EDIT: Yes, I can confirm it works! However it is really kind of tricky. Embrace yourselves! :)
Many thanks to you guys for finding this out, you are the best!

Last edited:

endrancer

Sep 8, 2012
Frankfurt am Main
carstengrimm.com
Hi,

I finally found the real method to boot our Amazfit watch into fastboot. It is difficult to success at any time, but you should be able to boot fastboot directly after some try.
Here is the procedure : (I've made a video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlXoeq30vM0 )

When you try, I advice to put the watch in its charging base, the usb Cable connected to the base, but not on the PC.
4) when the screen turn on, count from 1 to 4. At 4 release the power button. You are now in fastboot.

Hope this helps.
kiralex

can confirm that this method (sort of) works for stratos as well.

i guess the important part is the 4 seconds after the light goes on. i have done it in like the 8th try.
i guess pulling the usb cable and reattaching it is not really required...

Reactions: Renegade1504

Renegade1504

Apr 9, 2012

i guess the important part is the 4 seconds after the light goes on. i have done it in like the 8th try.

Hi all together,

yes I can confirm that plugging the cable is not neccessary. Went back to stock yesterday. Got into fastboot on first try. :eek:

E-lian

May 22, 2008
I'm trying that on an actual Stratos watch way longer than 40 minutes - maybe you could help me: I have an "A1619"-model with firmware 2.3.5.0. Same for other Stratos users?
Unlike in the linked video, when I'm at step #4, the "A."-logo appears after about 2 seconds again, so if I release the power button after 4, it's already visible and bootup goes on as normal. Did you notice the same behavior with the "A."-logo before accessing fastboot?

MorpheusPL

May 4, 2009
I'm trying that on an actual Stratos watch way longer than 40 minutes - maybe you could help me: I have an "A1619"-model with firmware 2.3.5.0. Same for other Stratos users?
Unlike in the linked video, when I'm at step #4, the "A."-logo appears after about 2 seconds again, so if I release the power button after 4, it's already visible and bootup goes on as normal. Did you notice the same behavior with the "A."-logo before accessing fastboot?

Hello
I've bricked my Pace and cannot enter fastboot.
When I try to enter fastboot I have the same behaviour on my Amazfit Pace. Have You managed some how to enter the fastboot without connection to the PC?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4490808
    Hi,

Hope this helps.
    kiralex

Interesting. See if you can make it reproducable. That would be great!

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I wrote some unbricking instructions and a flash script to recover bricked watches with @kiralex1995 method of entering fastboot.
    Hope, it helps recover the small number of watches known to be bricked through flashing.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sm...tches/tutorial-unbrick-huami-amazfit-t3547300
    I had also some problems to boot in fastboot on my Stratos using the given method.
    My method had been :
    1) plug the watch to PC
    2) start it
    3) sometimes you here that the watch is detected, once it is, type "adb reboot fastboot"
    4) The watch reboot, then the screen switch off and then on => At that time press the power button for 4 sec.
    5) you are in fastboot ... normally :)

Hope that helps

maybe you need to explain a little bit more detailed? is the watch running and completely booted when you connect to usb and type those adb commands or is it switched off? when you turn it on, how fast do you turn it off? i didn't get it yet. please explain a bit more. :)
    Hi,

Hope this helps.
    kiralex

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone