• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Amazfit GTR 2 Sound and Mic problem

Search This thread

Atikk

Apr 27, 2021
Hello, the microphone and speaker on my Amazfit GTR 2 watch stopped working. I answer my calls but it stops . I also can't play music or make voice commands. Does anyone have the same problem with me? Any solution for that?

Oher functions are ok. Please do assist if anyone faced the same problem and solved

rishi7677

Jul 28, 2018
Hello, the microphone and speaker on my Amazfit GTR 2 watch stopped working. I answer my calls but it stops . I also can't play music or make voice commands. Does anyone have the same problem with me? Any solution for that?

Oher functions are ok. Please do assist if anyone faced the same problem and solved
Ya from 2-3 days I am also facing this same issue. Please someone help oit with its resolution.

zorelien

Sep 12, 2007
Same here in France.
After last update, no Alexa :unsure:... I try restarting watch but without effect.
Finally I do a factory reset and Alexa appear.
But... With
- Random restart on watch notification.
- No microphone.
- No speaker.

Support in France link me to an English page to create ticket (https://support.amazfit.com/en/ticket/create).
I've create ticket with link and sent logs with Zepp app.
Here the result:

Hi there,
Thanks for your reply!
Our developers have checked the logs you submitted. The information in the logs shows that the problem may be caused by the audio damage. So we may suggest you contact the seller to return the product for further examination.
Thank you for your cooperation! Please feel free to contact us if you need any additional assistance! Have a great day!
Sincerely,

Tiffany

Now, I'm waiting for answer from seller.

Let's see

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.png
    2.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 3.png
    3.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 4.png
    4.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 41

JanNaCle

Jun 17, 2021
I have made contact to Amazfit just like Zorelien. First they said it could be a problem in hardware. they said same thing to me, to contact the seller. I know that will not be the solution, once i return this watch and they give me a new one, after I procedure with an update will happen the same thing. so I told them this is a software issue, a BUG. I see many users with the same issue, looks like this new update (with the ALexa) causes a conflict with the audio controller ( Mic and speaker) . Probably Alexa is doing that. So what we really need is a new update with this Bug fix. If we all complain to the Amazfit they will get that sooner. I'm wating for a few months , I still have time (warranty) if the update not shows up in time I will return the watch.

indiwap

Oct 16, 2014

this started happening after Alexa update? i wonder but something related to hardware I guess. heating something fails mic and sound.

JanNaCle

Jun 17, 2021
No solution yet. They told me to return, but I said that probably would not be the solution because a new one could have the same issue once I update it. So, For me, Amazfit told they are working on an update and as soon they have a new one would let me know, hope they telling the truth. I still have time to use my warranty, so I'll be waiting a few more months. If they not find a solution then I will return the watch.