[AMAZFIT Pace] Teardown and probably cause of draining battery

Search This thread

SpecPC

Sep 28, 2007
Hi Guys,

lot of users complain on draining battery by Amazfit Pace ... but no one check hardware. Today I opened my watch and I found probably root cause of problem. Reset hole is not enough tight and semiconductors (rest switch and probably pressure sensor) are totally corroded as on photo. I registered support ticket in Xiaomi and I',m waiting for replay. Problem is really really serious because your sweat can damage watch ...

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Of course during disassembling I damaged one of part as below. How can I repair it ?
photo3.jpg

Best,
Matt

Last edited:

lfom

Good pics. But the watch does not have a reset switch: on whole is for the mic and the other for the barometer. And I think you cannot repair a broken flat cable, only replace it (or the whole part if you cannot remove only the cable). :(

Sadegh

May 18, 2018
Semnan
Hi
Could you please tell us how to open the watch? it seems very fit and hard to disassemble.
And if the mic and barometer sensor will be removed, does the watch works or they must be replaced?

Diginix

Sep 27, 2016
Thuringia
I have a non working air pressure sensor from time to time. It shows only a static value. Sometimes it works again. But it seems that the reason could be the corrosion as mentioned.
@SpecPC On which way did you contact Huami (email, forum, ...)?

elektrinis

Mar 23, 2012
Such flex can be easily repaired by scraping off the insulation and soldering some copper wire strands on top.
So it seems it is really not waterproof? I guess I should glue all of holes, since I don't have a use for mic and barometer. And pulse reader.
Why do companies add fitness features that barely work, instead of focusing on proper notification and readability handling, is above me. I don't know of a single device that does notifications properly. Pebble was a step in right direction, but pebble no more.

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Such flex can be easily repaired by scraping off the insulation and soldering some copper wire strands on top.
So it seems it is really not waterproof? I guess I should glue all of holes, since I don't have a use for mic and barometer. And pulse reader.
Why do companies add fitness features that barely work, instead of focusing on proper notification and readability handling, is above me. I don't know of a single device that does notifications properly. Pebble was a step in right direction, but pebble no more.

The pace is not waterproof and never claimed to be, it's water resistant (splashes, sweat etc). The stratos is waterproof, and doesn't have a microphone to allow for that

tihiandrew

Jun 23, 2018
well , i took a night ride and it was raining , after that i noticed that the battery was draining very fast . i took the watch and i put it in a bowl full of rice and put the watch inside the bowl . i let it there one night , i don't know if i have the same battery usage as new but definetly has improved .try it

pierre.riviere

Jul 8, 2018
Hi Guys,

lot of users complain on draining battery by Amazfit Pace ... but no one check hardware. Today I opened my watch and I found probably root cause of problem. Reset hole is not enough tight and semiconductors (rest switch and probably pressure sensor) are totally corroded as on photo. I registered support ticket in Xiaomi and I',m waiting for replay. Problem is really really serious because your sweat can damage watch ...

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Of course during disassembling I damaged one of part as below. How can I repair it ?
photo3.jpg

Best,
Matt

Hey Matt
Could you tell me how have you opened the watch? I mean what temperature/how long with hot air gun? Can it be hairdrayer insted ?

Reactions: Sadegh

pierre.riviere

Jul 8, 2018
Thats my question too, I tried to open the watch but it is too fit and I couldn't do it even with a heater.
Unfortunately no one answered how to do it without damaging the watch.:(

I have the same experience. I tried with hair dryer for 5 minutes and then attacking with special toolkit for opening smartphones - like a really thin and sharp triangle to play on gitar. No luck unfortunately. I think I will wait some time and try once again with much more power and harm... But I think I can damage it or at least I will downgrade it from IP67 down to not water ressistant at all.:rolleyes:

mikas2

Dec 10, 2014
I opened mine with 2 minutes hair dryer and a knife.
I disconnect the part near the hole and did a factory resert and the clock stopped drain the battery.
the compass which was already broken disappeared from the menu.
IMG_20180714_182413.jpeg

Last edited:

passosk58

Feb 13, 2017
I have this problem...the watch with mic and barometer sensor module drain batery in one day.
If I remove this module the watch works normaly (dont drain battery) but dont measure altimetry in activities.
Where I can buy this module??

mikas2

Dec 10, 2014
I have this problem...the watch with mic and barometer sensor module drain batery in one day.
If I remove this module the watch works normaly (dont drain battery) but dont measure altimetry in activities.
Where I can buy this module??
try the technical assistance Xiaomi of your country, in Portugal the cost of this part is 20 dolares, more postage.

passosk58

Feb 13, 2017
Hi Guys,

one more time here ;) So, I bought amazfit with broken battery and I replaced barometer sensor and mic module ... battery life back to normal operation mode - 4 - 5 days :)

Best,
Mateusz

try the technical assistance Xiaomi of your country, in Portugal the cost of this part is 20 dolares, more postage.

Where I can buy?? - Xiaomi dont have technical assistance in Portugal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

one more time here ;) So, I bought amazfit with broken battery and I replaced barometer sensor and mic module ... battery life back to normal operation mode - 4 - 5 days :)

Best,
    Mateusz
    I opened mine with 2 minutes hair dryer and a knife.
    I disconnect the part near the hole and did a factory resert and the clock stopped drain the battery.
    the compass which was already broken disappeared from the menu.
    IMG_20180714_182413.jpeg
    Hi Guys,

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Best,
    Matt
    Considering it's only a 4-wire flat cable, you could try scraping the plastic insulation off and soldering onto it. Probably a tedious job, but if it saves the watch...
    battery drain = hardware issue

I confirm as well. Fast battery drain reason is phisicly inside the watch. Cooper sticks' connectors oxidises releasing patyna. It slows down gradually energy condution. Finally watch stops completely. The only option is to open the watch and clean up green patyna ( using e.g. fresh lemon jouce)