Amazfit Pace vs Amazfit Pace 2 (Stratos) Specs comparison, Worth the upgrade?

Search This thread

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
Seems the contacts are not as deep into the case as before.
Which would mean no cleaning necessary.

After 1/2 a year and some sport my contacts ( though only cleaned with a wooden toothpick ) were gone.

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
Yes, exactly.

An electronic freak I know took it and drilled small holes into the contacts ( after seeing a picture of an opened watch ).
He then poured some lead into it and topped it up witch some gold contacts.

Was working again after that, but only for 3-4 times.

But I personally don't like how the new one looks, so I probably go to the Garmain ViviActive 3.

diain

Mar 18, 2017
The only new sensor I can find on the comparison list is the triaxial accelerometer. It does seem weird though that they'll release a new watch with so little difference in hardware and only noticeable cosmetic differences because people can just port the software.

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
Only about 1% of Amazfit buyers show up here, the rest uses it as it was intended.

Even me as a "freak", I have stopped using root on my devices or a custom ROM for a few years.
If something doesn't do at buy what I intend it to do, I don't buy it.
And if it does what it should why should I try to destroy it?

Reactions: le_lutin

kingtendo

Mar 21, 2007
I'm sorry but I see no obvious reason to upgrade my existing Amazefit watch having seen this device. None whatsoever. In fact I might buy another amazefit at an amazingly reduced cost as a back up. ver 2 is gonna get ported anyway. Seriously this is NOT a credible upgrade, not even close.

Reactions: diain
Sep 29, 2017
The new one doesn´t have 400x400 resolution ...
The new one doesn´t have better color reproduction ...
The new one doesn´t support animated watchfaces ...
The new one doesn´t support HD face allways on ...
The new one isn´t cheaper ...
The new one isn´t

Why in the hell should i give up my amazfit one + paceon apk ?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

ocalderon

Feb 28, 2012
La Libertad
www.calderon.cn
Hello everyone. I'm not sure about what to do. I don't have any smartwatch right now (sold my TomTom spark 3 GPS) and want to buy a Xiaomi amazfit. I would like to have one that has GPS and Music, but i like a lot the Amazfit Bip for the price/quality relationship. But since it doesn't have music, i'm not considering it as an alternative.

So i have Amazfit Pace and Amazfit Stratos. I can find Pace at $110 approx and Stratos at $155. Does it worth the extra $45? What i'm afraid is what fzelle mentioned about the damaged contacts. Is that common in this model?

Last edited:

gadgetman90

Apr 3, 2018
I've bee using both of these watches for a month or so. The Stratos is only available in Chinese at the moment but you can upload an English version ROM if you want. Can't post a link yet but when I get to 10 posts I have a full comparison.

The Pace is much thinner and more comfortable to wear, and has almost the same features/software as the stratos. The Stratos looks much more like a sports watch but is very thick. O have thin wrists and it does get uncomfortable. I've been swimming with the Stratos and had it on in the shower and it works fine, so I think the only reason to upgrade is if you want this waterproof feature.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The new one doesn´t have 400x400 resolution ...
    The new one doesn´t have better color reproduction ...
    The new one doesn´t support animated watchfaces ...
    The new one doesn´t support HD face allways on ...
    The new one isn´t cheaper ...
    The new one isn´t

Why in the hell should i give up my amazfit one + paceon apk ?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
    Only about 1% of Amazfit buyers show up here, the rest uses it as it was intended.

Even me as a "freak", I have stopped using root on my devices or a custom ROM for a few years.
    If something doesn't do at buy what I intend it to do, I don't buy it.
    And if it does what it should why should I try to destroy it?
    I'm sorry but I see no obvious reason to upgrade my existing Amazefit watch having seen this device. None whatsoever. In fact I might buy another amazefit at an amazingly reduced cost as a back up. ver 2 is gonna get ported anyway. Seriously this is NOT a credible upgrade, not even close.
    I read that Stratos has a better placed optical HR sensor and it caN also pair with an external HR sensor.