• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Amazfit Verge lite

Search This thread

Damoedge

Apr 23, 2010
Dublin 1
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hello all,

Amazfit verge lite has launched 2 weeks ago now I think..

Just wondering has anyone got there hands on one yet?? If so what is like?

The thing that impresses me about this new watch is the battery life which is supposed to be 20 days on average use and also the price...it's a good watch for €75

I have the Amazfit Pace watch already and it's a great watch...but as @GreatApo stated recently that there will be no more updates for this watch by Huami so I guess it's at the end of shelf life

So share your thoughts please and especially if you have this watch....I'm hoping it will be a popular watch with lots of development behind it.

Thanks for reading.

xdauser2019

May 7, 2019
Hello all,

The thing that impresses me about this new watch is the battery life which is supposed to be 20 days on average use and also the price...it's a good watch for €75

I have the Amazfit Pace watch already and it's a great watch...but as @GreatApo stated recently that there will be no more updates for this watch by Huami so I guess it's at the end of shelf life

So share your thoughts please and especially if you have this watch....I'm hoping it will be a popular watch with lots of development behind it.

Thanks for reading.

If you looking for Verge lite, then better, i think, is to buy Verge at all. Verge lite is cutted version of Verge. If i understand right Verge lite have less sport modes as Verge, but have better battery usage experience. If with Verge you can be quiet 5 days with Verge lite you can be quiet about 20 days (information by Amazfit Verge web site). This is once good thing in Verge lite. About Verge lite in China Amazfit there is no information about memory at all. There is no information about possibility listen music without phone, there is no information about microphone or soundspeaker and ect. So Verge if this information is full in China Amazfit web site, then verge by specification is better choice. But keep in mind that there is in China already Verge 2, how calling some web site, or Nexo as calling China Amazfit web site it. I think this watch is better in many ways: better material, have some new features related with heart tracking and some others which have Verge :)

About Nexo you can find here - https://cn.amazfit.com/nexo.html. I believe that in China you don't understanding, so use Google translate :)

Reactions: Damoedge

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Hello all,

Thanks for reading.
I think Verge lite is more like Bip in terms of software. I wouldn't compare it with Verge.

About the Pace updates, to avoid misunderstandings, I don't remember stating sth like that and even if I did say sth similar that doesn't come from Huami but my personal view.

xdauser2019

May 7, 2019
Indeed it has the same or similar design/body, however, with that battery life and features it is a bip in a verge's body :p
I guess we will find out in the near future

Really? Are you sure? :cool: Bip can be without charge by Amazfit about 45 days, Verge lite - 20 days, Verge - 5 days. Different between these models (all) is 25 (BIP vs Verge lite) and 15 days (Verge lite vs Verge). Specifications is almost the same which have Verge, so which models is closer to each other? :p :victory:

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Really? Are you sure? :cool: Bip can be without charge by Amazfit about 45 days, Verge lite - 20 days, Verge - 5 days. Different between these models (all) is 25 (BIP vs Verge lite) and 15 days (Verge lite vs Verge). Specifications is almost the same which have Verge, so which models is closer to each other? :p :victory:
Most/All power goes to the screen. Both verge feature an amoled, hence higher consumption. If bip had an amoled would also fall in the 20days category. That is the logic behind my thoughts, but of course I may be wrong.

Saratoga79

Jan 12, 2013
Ordizia Capital
I also think Verge Lite is more like "the new Bip", but with improved screen, main reason why battery life goes 45 -> 20 days.

I have the Amazfit Pace watch already and it's a great watch...but as @GreatApo stated recently that there will be no more updates for this watch by Huami so I guess it's at the end of shelf life.

Not sure about @GreatApo, but that was stated by me on my Pace ROM thread. :D
Let's wait and see.

Damoedge

Apr 23, 2010
Dublin 1
Xiaomi Poco F1
Not sure about @GreatApo, but that was stated by me on my Pace ROM thread. :D
Let's wait and see.

Haha gee my bad lol lol....I keep getting mixed up between you 2 guys lol...I use your Rom and his watch face lol...so I apologize for the mix up....

The two of ye are amazing devs and keep up the great work! Our Pace would be so different without your work...thanks lads! ?? lol

Just one thing...as an upgrade to the Pace what would you recommend?

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Haha gee my bad lol lol....I keep getting mixed up between you 2 guys lol...I use your Rom and his watch face lol...so I apologize for the mix up....
How can you mix us? I am the handsome one... XD XD XD XD

Just one thing...as an upgrade to the Pace what would you recommend?
If you like stratos chassis, go for stratos, but other than that and the waterproof feature, it is almost the same watch. Verge has an amoled screen, not visible under sun but better resolution and colors, however, the new Nexo watch may be better so if I were you I would wait to see some reviews and a global release.

Damoedge

Apr 23, 2010
Dublin 1
Xiaomi Poco F1
How can you mix us? I am the handsome one... XD XD XD XD

If you like stratos chassis, go for stratos, but other than that and the waterproof feature, it is almost the same watch. Verge has an amoled screen, not visible under sun but better resolution and colors, however, the new Nexo watch may be better so if I were you I would wait to see some reviews and a global release.

Haha...nice answer lol lol...sure we are all beautiful ??

I heard about the Nexo...is that the one with only 24 hours battery life??

Yes I'll hold out for a while...I haven't bought anything major since my Fimi X8 drone a few months ago so the buying urge is coming soon lol lol...Aliexpress can be addictive lol lol...maybe a good 3d printer comes to mind.....any recommendations?

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011

Yes I'll hold out for a while...I haven't bought anything major since my Fimi X8 drone a few months ago so the buying urge is coming soon lol lol...Aliexpress can be addictive lol lol...maybe a good 3d printer comes to mind.....any recommendations?
A proper technology geek should always have a Chinese package on the way ??

Nexo has 28h battery life on 4G. But lest see it in practice first.

xdauser2019

May 7, 2019
Yes only 24 hours, but with 4G connection, which "eating" device battery very much. But you know what is most funny thing? For example Samsung or others manufactors much more expensive smart watches can't be more as this or similar time without 4G, so how much they will be if they have 4G? :)

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

A proper technology geek should always have a Chinese package on the way ?

Nexo has 28h battery life on 4G. But lest see it in practice first.

In practic always happening much worst :D

Last edited:

xdauser2019

May 7, 2019
Hello all,

Thanks for reading.

Today i read about Vertge 2 (known as Nexo), this watch will be animal in a certain aspect, even if you are in China. You can unlock with this watch your car (specific model) and to start it. Also this watch will call emergency help if you will be need it in some kind of situation and for that will no need smartphone (as i understand). There is eSim (by the way it works only in China) with 4G, which by the way copied from Apple's watch (in source was written that). Of course heart rate tracking which have much more power and you will be warming about unusual activity of it and ect. Also more powerful processor and ect. What's else? Oh i forgot to write, with 4G it can be without charge about 30 hours (exactly 28h), but this is with activated 4G, without 4G (working as i mentioned only in China yet) probably can be alive without charger 2 - 3 days as was mentioned in source. So it's not bad. Resoliution is better as Verge, more as 400, i can't remember excatly 460x460 or 480x480. AMOLED display and memory the same. About mircophone/sounspeaker is not mentioned, but will be strange if will not be it. But need to check about it. So if you need advise and if for you don't care possibility to talk with caller via watch or to listen music without phone via headphone Nexo i think is the best choice right now from not expensive models. By the way price must be from 125 to 180 euros, so it's really not expensive if to see what you will get with it :) And finally word: Verge 2 will be some models: average and something others :)

araujoyuri

Jul 19, 2017
Change internal watchfaces

Hey guys! Does anyone know if I can and how to overwrite the internal watchfaces? I'm gonna give my Verge Lite to a friend and I've made a watchface for him, but everytime I unpair, the watchface goes back to the default.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

Thanks for reading.

If you looking for Verge lite, then better, i think, is to buy Verge at all. Verge lite is cutted version of Verge. If i understand right Verge lite have less sport modes as Verge, but have better battery usage experience. If with Verge you can be quiet 5 days with Verge lite you can be quiet about 20 days (information by Amazfit Verge web site). This is once good thing in Verge lite. About Verge lite in China Amazfit there is no information about memory at all. There is no information about possibility listen music without phone, there is no information about microphone or soundspeaker and ect. So Verge if this information is full in China Amazfit web site, then verge by specification is better choice. But keep in mind that there is in China already Verge 2, how calling some web site, or Nexo as calling China Amazfit web site it. I think this watch is better in many ways: better material, have some new features related with heart tracking and some others which have Verge :)

About Nexo you can find here - https://cn.amazfit.com/nexo.html. I believe that in China you don't understanding, so use Google translate :)