Amazfit X

Search This thread

Konanastass

Oct 22, 2020
1. Yes it's normal. Try report this on huami site, so the they might fix it
2. Only the side push gesture, on both sides at once. Also for a while you can tap on the screen to wake it, for like half a minute after a screen timeout. Otherwise no permanent gesture only lifting the hand

Sent from my ASUS_I003D using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick reply mate, appreciate it. Was also aware of the side option and the temporary tap/wake thing, hopefully this is another thing they'll address soon.

antwbone

Apr 19, 2012
1. Yes it's normal. Try report this on huami site, so the they might fix it

Dude, I have reported all bugs in an open ticket to Huami. So far the only response I got was on Oct 14 saying they will check with their developers and get back to me. I've been trying to follow up with them for a few days now but they have just completely ignored me.

So the ****ty service we were getting on Indiegogo is an exact indication of how Xiaomi / Huami just normally runs their businesses.

antwbone

Apr 19, 2012
Dude, I have reported all bugs in an open ticket to Huami. So far the only response I got was on Oct 14 saying they will check with their developers and get back to me. I've been trying to follow up with them for a few days now but they have just completely ignored me.

So the ****ty service we were getting on Indiegogo is an exact indication of how Xiaomi / Huami just normally runs their businesses.

Well, Amazfit support replied to me after I complained. Here's an excerpt that might bring hope to everyone. It seems they are aware of these problems and are working on them. They would do themselves a big favour if they learned how to communicate properly and post these types of messages on their IGG page.

=================================

I am very sorry so late to get back to you! We've been swamped with support inquiries and we're trying to catch up, so our BIGGEST apologies for not responding sooner.

About the battery issue, we will release a new firmware to optimize it. And the new firmware will be released soon. Please have some patience.

About the GPS issue, please wait for updating the new firmware, then follow below instructions to do a GPS signal test.

Before you initiate an activity, please update the app to the latest version and then connect the watch to update the A-GPS.

The GPS issue may be solved by the following:
1) Check if you have the newest app version as well as the newest firmware. If not, please update.
2) Before searching for GPS, please connect the watch with your phone and sync A-GPS.
3) Try searching in an open space.

If the issue persists, please kindly help do a GPS signal test as below instructions.

1. Keep the watch connected with the Zepp app and start a new workout from the watch.
2. Go to Zepp app--Profile--Settings--Behavior tagging--NMEA Collection--click the start button to do the test.
3. Please wear your watch and do the workout in an open space, run or walk for about 1km.
4. After you finish the 1km, please Press and hold the button to end NMEA Collection from the Zepp app.
5. Click Profile--Feedback--describe your issue and check Watch logs to Submit the feedback.
6. Then take off your Amazfit X and hold it.
7. Go to Zepp app--Profile--Settings--Behavior tagging--NMEA Collection--click the start button to do the test.
8. Do not wear the watch, hold it to continue running or walking for 1km
9. After you finish this 1km, please Press and hold the button to end NMEA Collection from the Zepp app.
10. Click Profile--Feedback--describe your issue and check Watch logs to Submit the feedback.
11. Please tell us the exact date and time you do the test. The time you ware the watch to run, and the time you do not wear the watch to run.

Last edited:

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com

I understand the frustration completely. I suggested to report, to make it higher in their priority list when they finally do react, if they do react at all.
But right, it seems like a very hopeless battle so far.
I'm just hoping they'll get their act together, as looking at their other products it seems like they can do better.

antwbone

Apr 19, 2012
I understand the frustration completely. I suggested to report, to make it higher in their priority list when they finally do react, if they do react at all.
But right, it seems like a very hopeless battle so far.
I'm just hoping they'll get their act together, as looking at their other products it seems like they can do better.

Yeah, I wasn't directing my frustration at you. I was just venting aloud.

But they finally responded to my support ticket and gave me an update so I'm hopeful their upcoming firmware update will solve some of the issues. For me, if they can solve the battery drain I would be much happier.

I was "that close" to listing this thing on eBay but now I'll hang on and wait for the new firmware.

antwbone

Apr 19, 2012
If you wonder what's wrong with gps and calculated distance, I no longer wonder. I was running 2.6kms around a square block, 4 rounds. How did it look according to the amazfit x?
Here's a square [emoji23] I was running inside the red boxed part

View attachment 5122663

This above was measured as 3.2km instead. I was tracking with a phone as well to validate.

The firmware is .30

Wow, that is some wild run you did! It would be even funnier if it wasn't so sad. :laugh:

Luckily, I have not had crazy GPS tracking. The physical route tracking has been quite accurate. It's the distance calculation when using GPS that is a nightmare. Hopefully, their next firmware update will start to fix things. I don't expect a perfect firmware upgrade, because it's Huami and they don't seem to have their crap together, but as long as they fix battery drain and make some improvement to the GPS I will be happier.

Salto94

Oct 24, 2020
Hi guys. Just received mine. I tried to upload the new firmware. After several attemps (freeze in the middle of the process) the installation failed and my watch is now showing a message saying the installation failed and i have to do it again. Impossible to access to the watch after that (black screen). And no possibility to reboot !! Would you have some ideas here? Cheers

corba59

Mar 14, 2008
Pfaffenhofen
Hi guys,

I changed my default watchface a few weeks ago to the 'golden' one via Zepp. Now my battery lasts 6 to 7 days instead of the 3 days with the default watchface. I did not use GPS during this observation. The reverse action, which you can easily do by longpress on the display, brings back 32% battery / day.

Maybe this info is useful for somebody.
(Firmware is 1.0.1.31)

ronaldheld

Feb 2, 2012
Hi guys,

I changed my default watchface a few weeks ago to the 'golden' one via Zepp. Now my battery lasts 6 to 7 days instead of the 3 days with the default watchface. I did not use GPS during this observation. The reverse action, which you can easily do by longpress on the display, brings back 32% battery / day.

Maybe this info is useful for somebody.
(Firmware is 1.0.1.31)
Which watchface drained more power, and which are you on now?

antwbone

Apr 19, 2012
Hi guys. Just received mine. I tried to upload the new firmware. After several attemps (freeze in the middle of the process) the installation failed and my watch is now showing a message saying the installation failed and i have to do it again. Impossible to access to the watch after that (black screen). And no possibility to reboot !! Would you have some ideas here? Cheers

As far as I can tell, the only thing you can do it try over and over until the firmware is "pushed" through properly. If that doesn't work, then you need to wait until the battery dies, recharge the watch, and try it again. Good luck! :)

antwbone

Apr 19, 2012
I used the digital one almost all the time, so i did not see this behavior.

I tried changing to the gold watch as well and it hasn't seem to have extended my battery life at all.

That said, I do believe that a watch face with more complications / details could possibly use more battery because of the need to update more often.

ronaldheld

Feb 2, 2012
I tried changing to the gold watch as well and it hasn't seem to have extended my battery life at all.

That said, I do believe that a watch face with more complications / details could possibly use more battery because of the need to update more often.

I can see functions that updates continuously can eat battery life, but not ones that are updated daily or a few times a day. Displaying seconds could be a drain.

Salto94

Oct 24, 2020
As far as I can tell, the only thing you can do it try over and over until the firmware is "pushed" through properly. If that doesn't work, then you need to wait until the battery dies, recharge the watch, and try it again. Good luck! :)

Actually I found a good solution. It's only working when I try to update from my iPad. Perhaps there is a lack of compatibility with the nex iPhone IOS?
No problem since I do this way

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Firmware update last night, to 1.0.1.85. I asked for a changelog via Support, this is what I was told:

The changelog of version 1.0.1.85
    - Update the display of the lunar calendar

Hmmm. Not even sure what that means.

I've still been fortunate, everything works for me, including accurate gps, which I use regularly for running and biking. I wouldn't buy it again, though.
    As the posting frequency in this subforum steadily decreases, people don't want to be fooled longer by this company and moved on to competitors.

Agreed. It seems people have just given up on this watch. I know I have.

After months of frustration, of going back-and-forth with their technical stalling team, I finally dumped this watch. I tried to make this work. I ran all sorts of tests and submitted countless results to Huami at their requests to no avail. Like I had previously posted, no firmware fix was ever going to fix their broken GPS. The damn thing would never work properly when I wore it on my wrist but would work fine when I held it in my hand. That's a hardware/design issue, not a software problem. They kept saying their developers were looking for a solution, but how do you fix the poor placement of the GPS antenna in the band with a software fix?

I also came to the conclusion that the extended, tall curved screen is actually NOT an advantage. It's uncomfortable to twist your wrist to see the top portion of the screen. Reading notifications on such a narrow screen was also awkward. The concept was cool, but definitely not a practical watch.

I ended up getting a Fitbit Versa 3 and am generally happy with it. It's a solid fitness watch with good smartwatch features. The HR, sleep tracking, and Sp02 stats are nice to have, and exercise tracking is very good. The built-in GPS tracking is spot on! It takes about 10-30 seconds to get a GPS lock but once it does it's accurate. The watch handles notifications perfectly, I can take calls on my watch in a pinch, has a great selection of watch faces, and it even has Google Assistant built-in. All for about $50 more than Indiegogo backers paid (and far less than the current ridiculous asking price of $329) for the Amazfit X.
    From Indiegogo project page:

“The latest update added the "Music Control" display on the shortcut page; Optimize automatic motion recognition algorithm; Optimize heart rate algorithm; Fix bug. “

Yeah, nothing that fixes the GPS problem.

I've been talking to a rep from Huami USA and he said they have sent multiple units back to China for the devs to check. These units all have the same problem as mine... the GPS functions properly if you are NOT wearing the watch and simply holding it in your hand. The minute you put it on, it becomes inaccurate and adds about 20-30% distance to any walk or run. Plus, the recorded path is usually off by quite a bit.

I have been insistent that this is a hardware issue and stems from the placement of the GPS receiver inside of the band, instead of inside the watch, which causes it to not properly communicate with GPS satellites while you are wearing the watch. How else can you explain that GPS tracking is almost perfect if you are just walking around with the watch in your hand?

In any case, I'll let you know what I hear back from him.
    What are the HW/SW difference between the X and Future watch?

"Apparently" the hardware is the same, "Future" is the definitive name of the device which, of course, will receive by default a firmware that is certainly more stable than the first versions of X.
    It is likely that the hardware is anyway "improved": I personally made a replacement of the first X ('bootloop' issue, unable to update FW) and the second, received in mid-November, is certainly more performing than other experiences read online (stable bluetooth, fast GPS fix, for example, and touch responsiveness); Amazfit probably fixed some problems related to the first watches produced.
    Hi guy, on aliexpress there is a Amzfit x Charger now!
    i got the resources update and firmware going to .68. i do not see any obvious changes.
    That ist the answer of Huami about the changelog:
    Dear Sean Corr , kindly be noted that the new firmware optimizes the automatic recognition algorithm; optimizes the battery display inconsistency between the watch and the APP; improves offline voice arousal sensitivity. Thank you and have a nice. Copy of Indigogo comment
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone