• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Amazon App Market

Search This thread

bousquet

Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
www.4jb.net
I also have issues with HC v4 2nd Ed. I installed the Amazon Appstore, then installed AB Rio without issues.

When I tried to run it, it crashed with FC's. I then went in and moved the app off the SD and onto the "phone" and it opens now. However, it still crashes after the intro.

Any ideas?

jlt220

Oct 15, 2010
Arlington
I also have issues with HC v4 2nd Ed. I installed the Amazon Appstore, then installed AB Rio without issues.

When I tried to run it, it crashed with FC's. I then went in and moved the app off the SD and onto the "phone" and it opens now. However, it still crashes after the intro.

Any ideas?

None... the other angry birds run fine off the app store not sure what is wrong with RIO though

skwalas

Feb 22, 2011
amazon apps DRMed

I posted this elsewhere, but y'all should be aware that amazon appears to be DRMing the apps through their store. If you de-register your device (unlink to your amazon account), all the apps you've downloaded will be locked and un-usable until you re-register the device. And i'm not even sure you'd get them back if you happened to register under a different account.

eghill1125

Jul 15, 2010
Is anyone able to run the World Series of Poker form the Amazon App Store in full screen on their NC? I am running PhireMod 5.1 and this is the only app that isn't able to do the full screen. It plays the 2 flash screens at the beginning in full screen, but then the game goes to phone size to play it. I also have a problem with it if i update it through the Amazon App store. It says update available and after the update is installed, it just force closes. I have to uninstall the update for it to be playable again.

Anyone seeing this also or is it mine and my rom or something?

OrangeRafi

Nov 28, 2010
Melbourne
Sony Xperia 1
I downloaded & intalled Amazon Appstore but I can.t download any application. Theere an error message that pops up & says "Amazon Appstore for Android is not uet available in your region" Amazon Appstore os exclusive for the US residents?

The only thing I like thos appstore work os because I want to fownload Angry Birds Rio

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

japzone

Dec 25, 2010
I downloaded & intalled Amazon Appstore but I can.t download any application. Theere an error message that pops up & says "Amazon Appstore for Android is not uet available in your region" Amazon Appstore os exclusive for the US residents?

The only thing I like thos appstore work os because I want to fownload Angry Birds Rio

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Barring your grammer,

Amazon Appstore is, for now, US Only. Although I suspect that they'll expand it soon. It makes sence since they're an American based Company and they want to test their New Product and make sure it's working right before allowing Millions more people from overseas to get it. Think about it, they have to make sure their servers and app are running smoothly and will float before letting the flood gates open.

It's not like they're the only company to do this. Japanese Companies like Nintendo do it all the time(3DS was released there months ago). So stop yelling at Amazon. It also takes time to make sure International Payment options are working too.

japzone

Dec 25, 2010
Everything works fine on my Nook Color running Froyo from SD.