Amazon Fire HD 10 9th gen (2019) -- Fire OS 7.3.1.6 root possible?

Search This thread

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
After seeing a few results, it seems the hardware fix was put into play. I had 2 access points to get into the bootrom when i was on 7.3.1.7/8 before downgrading. I believe the bootrom was disabled on devices. Looking for anyone who has a device purchased before 09/2020. Downgrading to 7.3.1.0 can be completed if you have access to the bootrom. Bootrom access was available to me with the battery disconnected, volume + and then plugging in. There is a shorting option that was working also (fairly easy but doesn't seem necessary with the access). At this point i had to format the preloader because it wouldnt read the emmc without the battery, but the battery when plugged in would load the preloader. Thanks to @k4y0z for his fantastic work. I will be donating a maverick and sloane for his efforts to support us all!

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
I have one I bought in July 2020 it has 7.3.1.5 on it. I tried some stuff but not sure if I am doing everything right or not so I would need a step-by-step of what to do.
What have you tried? The easiest way I have found is to run fireISO and the bootrom-step. When you see "remove short to continue" (but don't hit enter) in another terminal run a lsusb, if you see medtek phone 6227, you are in the bootrom. On my devices I opened the device unplugged the battery. While pressing the volume+ plugging into the usb. The other way is a shooting method that seems reliable for me. But I don't think that with work out the plugging in doesn't. Unplug the tablet or hit ctrl-c to cancel. Have you ever used fireISO or amonet?

Reactions: Haldi4803

highspeedfelon

Jun 3, 2014
What have you tried? The easiest way I have found is to run fireISO and the bootrom-step. When you see "remove short to continue" (but don't hit enter) in another terminal run a lsusb, if you see medtek phone 6227, you are in the bootrom. On my devices I opened the device unplugged the battery. While pressing the volume+ plugging into the usb. The other way is a shooting method that seems reliable for me. But I don't think that with work out the plugging in doesn't. Unplug the tablet or hit ctrl-c to cancel. Have you ever used fireISO or amonet?
I have used fireiso on a fire stick and when I run the bootrom-step it says something about the serial being wrong. That’s with battery being unplugged and does same thing regardless of volume button being held or not. I could not get fireiso 2 working so I am using an earlier one if that matters. What needs to be shorted?
I am willing to try anything if I kill the tablet it’s not a big deal.

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
I have used fireiso on a fire stick and when I run the bootrom-step it says something about the serial being wrong. That’s with battery being unplugged and does same thing regardless of volume button being held or not. I could not get fireiso 2 working so I am using an earlier one if that matters. What needs to be shorted?
I am willing to try anything if I kill the tablet it’s not a big deal.
Sounds like you bootrom is disabled. I could send you a picture of what i short to get into the bootrom, but I don't think it matters, because i could access the bootrom with the volume button and battery disconnected just as well. Everything points to a hardware revision block early in its release. Going off other devices, i would suspect device purchase would have to be before march of 2020.

highspeedfelon

Jun 3, 2014
Sounds like you bootrom is disabled. I could send you a picture of what i short to get into the bootrom, but I don't think it matters, because i could access the bootrom with the volume button and battery disconnected just as well. Everything points to a hardware revision block early in its release. Going off other devices, i would suspect device purchase would have to be before march of 2020.
Yeah send me a pic of what you shorted and I will try that.
On Windows when I hold volume+ with battery disconnected then plug in USB LibUSB filter wizard looks like it detects a new device but it happens so fast I cant see what, then Windows says the device malfunctioned.
On Ubuntu (with patched kernel) I get "Serial protocol mismatch, expected 0001 got 0000"

I am not 100% I am not doing something wrong

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
Yeah send me a pic of what you shorted and I will try that.
On Windows when I hold volume+ with battery disconnected then plug in USB LibUSB filter wizard looks like it detects a new device but it happens so fast I cant see what, then Windows says the device malfunctioned.
On Ubuntu (with patched kernel) I get "Serial protocol mismatch, expected 0001 got 0000"

I am not 100% I am not doing something wrong
i would suggest you start following this thread. lot number seems to the the tell-all so far.

I have not seen anything that can be downgraded higher J949 (9= 2019 and 49 being week 49, from our view)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...k-brainstorming.3979343/page-34#post-84616677

the serial error indicated you can only get into preloader.... you need bootrom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After seeing a few results, it seems the hardware fix was put into play. I had 2 access points to get into the bootrom when i was on 7.3.1.7/8 before downgrading. I believe the bootrom was disabled on devices. Looking for anyone who has a device purchased before 09/2020. Downgrading to 7.3.1.0 can be completed if you have access to the bootrom. Bootrom access was available to me with the battery disconnected, volume + and then plugging in. There is a shorting option that was working also (fairly easy but doesn't seem necessary with the access). At this point i had to format the preloader because it wouldnt read the emmc without the battery, but the battery when plugged in would load the preloader. Thanks to @k4y0z for his fantastic work. I will be donating a maverick and sloane for his efforts to support us all!
    Do you need access to the bootrom to use this? If someone can find access to the bootrom on a updated rom this exploit has a further chance to develop into a custom rom. I suspect the old shorting method should be possible, but i have no idea where to look on the board. I have had it apart before but didn't see anything standing out... but anyways i am charging up my mavericks to see what i have, i know i have a 7.3.1.0, a 7.3.1.1 and a 7.3.1.7. So to be clear, boot into bootrom (volume down and plug in) then run the bypass and rollback? I will test the 7.3.1.1 since i know this one is more likely to succeed
    Yeah there was a successful downgrade from 7.3.1.1 already, it has the same lk/pl as 7.3.1.0 but I haven't been able to get into the bootrom on 7.3.1.2, might need to look into shorting a pin.

I think bootrom through the volume button was killed before 7.3.1.7 though
    I can confirm bootrom through the volume button on v7.3.1.7 is not working.
    I have one I bought in July 2020 it has 7.3.1.5 on it. I tried some stuff but not sure if I am doing everything right or not so I would need a step-by-step of what to do.