Amazon Fire HD 10 9th gen (2019) -- Fire OS 7.3.1.6 root possible?

Search This thread

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
After seeing a few results, it seems the hardware fix was put into play. I had 2 access points to get into the bootrom when i was on 7.3.1.7/8 before downgrading. I believe the bootrom was disabled on devices. Looking for anyone who has a device purchased before 09/2020. Downgrading to 7.3.1.0 can be completed if you have access to the bootrom. Bootrom access was available to me with the battery disconnected, volume + and then plugging in. There is a shorting option that was working also (fairly easy but doesn't seem necessary with the access). At this point i had to format the preloader because it wouldnt read the emmc without the battery, but the battery when plugged in would load the preloader. Thanks to @k4y0z for his fantastic work. I will be donating a maverick and sloane for his efforts to support us all!

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
I have one I bought in July 2020 it has 7.3.1.5 on it. I tried some stuff but not sure if I am doing everything right or not so I would need a step-by-step of what to do.
What have you tried? The easiest way I have found is to run fireISO and the bootrom-step. When you see "remove short to continue" (but don't hit enter) in another terminal run a lsusb, if you see medtek phone 6227, you are in the bootrom. On my devices I opened the device unplugged the battery. While pressing the volume+ plugging into the usb. The other way is a shooting method that seems reliable for me. But I don't think that with work out the plugging in doesn't. Unplug the tablet or hit ctrl-c to cancel. Have you ever used fireISO or amonet?

Reactions: Haldi4803

highspeedfelon

Jun 3, 2014
What have you tried? The easiest way I have found is to run fireISO and the bootrom-step. When you see "remove short to continue" (but don't hit enter) in another terminal run a lsusb, if you see medtek phone 6227, you are in the bootrom. On my devices I opened the device unplugged the battery. While pressing the volume+ plugging into the usb. The other way is a shooting method that seems reliable for me. But I don't think that with work out the plugging in doesn't. Unplug the tablet or hit ctrl-c to cancel. Have you ever used fireISO or amonet?
I have used fireiso on a fire stick and when I run the bootrom-step it says something about the serial being wrong. That’s with battery being unplugged and does same thing regardless of volume button being held or not. I could not get fireiso 2 working so I am using an earlier one if that matters. What needs to be shorted?
I am willing to try anything if I kill the tablet it’s not a big deal.

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
I have used fireiso on a fire stick and when I run the bootrom-step it says something about the serial being wrong. That’s with battery being unplugged and does same thing regardless of volume button being held or not. I could not get fireiso 2 working so I am using an earlier one if that matters. What needs to be shorted?
I am willing to try anything if I kill the tablet it’s not a big deal.
Sounds like you bootrom is disabled. I could send you a picture of what i short to get into the bootrom, but I don't think it matters, because i could access the bootrom with the volume button and battery disconnected just as well. Everything points to a hardware revision block early in its release. Going off other devices, i would suspect device purchase would have to be before march of 2020.

highspeedfelon

Jun 3, 2014
Sounds like you bootrom is disabled. I could send you a picture of what i short to get into the bootrom, but I don't think it matters, because i could access the bootrom with the volume button and battery disconnected just as well. Everything points to a hardware revision block early in its release. Going off other devices, i would suspect device purchase would have to be before march of 2020.
Yeah send me a pic of what you shorted and I will try that.
On Windows when I hold volume+ with battery disconnected then plug in USB LibUSB filter wizard looks like it detects a new device but it happens so fast I cant see what, then Windows says the device malfunctioned.
On Ubuntu (with patched kernel) I get "Serial protocol mismatch, expected 0001 got 0000"

I am not 100% I am not doing something wrong

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
Yeah send me a pic of what you shorted and I will try that.
On Windows when I hold volume+ with battery disconnected then plug in USB LibUSB filter wizard looks like it detects a new device but it happens so fast I cant see what, then Windows says the device malfunctioned.
On Ubuntu (with patched kernel) I get "Serial protocol mismatch, expected 0001 got 0000"

I am not 100% I am not doing something wrong
i would suggest you start following this thread. lot number seems to the the tell-all so far.

I have not seen anything that can be downgraded higher J949 (9= 2019 and 49 being week 49, from our view)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...k-brainstorming.3979343/page-34#post-84616677

the serial error indicated you can only get into preloader.... you need bootrom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After seeing a few results, it seems the hardware fix was put into play. I had 2 access points to get into the bootrom when i was on 7.3.1.7/8 before downgrading. I believe the bootrom was disabled on devices. Looking for anyone who has a device purchased before 09/2020. Downgrading to 7.3.1.0 can be completed if you have access to the bootrom. Bootrom access was available to me with the battery disconnected, volume + and then plugging in. There is a shorting option that was working also (fairly easy but doesn't seem necessary with the access). At this point i had to format the preloader because it wouldnt read the emmc without the battery, but the battery when plugged in would load the preloader. Thanks to @k4y0z for his fantastic work. I will be donating a maverick and sloane for his efforts to support us all!
    Do you need access to the bootrom to use this? If someone can find access to the bootrom on a updated rom this exploit has a further chance to develop into a custom rom. I suspect the old shorting method should be possible, but i have no idea where to look on the board. I have had it apart before but didn't see anything standing out... but anyways i am charging up my mavericks to see what i have, i know i have a 7.3.1.0, a 7.3.1.1 and a 7.3.1.7. So to be clear, boot into bootrom (volume down and plug in) then run the bypass and rollback? I will test the 7.3.1.1 since i know this one is more likely to succeed
    Yeah there was a successful downgrade from 7.3.1.1 already, it has the same lk/pl as 7.3.1.0 but I haven't been able to get into the bootrom on 7.3.1.2, might need to look into shorting a pin.

I think bootrom through the volume button was killed before 7.3.1.7 though
    I can confirm bootrom through the volume button on v7.3.1.7 is not working.
    I have one I bought in July 2020 it has 7.3.1.5 on it. I tried some stuff but not sure if I am doing everything right or not so I would need a step-by-step of what to do.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone