• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Amazon Fire TV with Teamwin Recovery Project

Search This thread

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Ok so far so good, that all worked, I am now at stage to answer question so its saying currently disabled shall I type YES to enable it ? (see pic)
You wanted a stock fireTV without bootmenu... therefore you need the stock recovery too.
Yes, you need to enable it.

wluap

Nov 3, 2021
Sorry, I can't see any picture!?
Run the manage_recovery command again and it should say that the stock recovery is enabled -> take a picture
MATE!! i think I've cracked it NO! I should say YOU cracked it, not sure if your a Girl or a Boy or where your from UK,USA,Ireland,Germany etc ? but yea! all looks normal now, like all in English & plays without saying internet error NO "Team recovery thing" boots up any more which then screwed things up, just straight in to good old normal Amazon. it did a update which it has been trying to do for weeks, so it did after enable the TWRP, it now says in my "about" I have OS 5.2.73 (652614020) it was 5.2.6.6 (617513220) there is another update available 5.2.7.4 (656638420) but should I risk it ? what do you think ?
So basically that TeamWin recovery is still in/on the boot sector of the HHD but I have enable it.... is that right ? and if so can I wipe it completely off so the AmazonTV is just like when I bought it in the Shops ?

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
MATE!! i think I've cracked it NO! I should say YOU cracked it, not sure if your a Girl or a Boy or where your from UK,USA,Ireland,Germany etc ? but yea! all looks normal now, like all in English & plays without saying internet error NO "Team recovery thing" boots up any more which then screwed things up, just straight in to good old normal Amazon.
Congratulations (y)
it did a update which it has been trying to do for weeks, so it did after enable the TWRP, it now says in my "about" I have OS 5.2.73 (652614020) it was 5.2.6.6 (617513220) there is another update available 5.2.7.4 (656638420) but should I risk it ? what do you think ?
Let it do it's thing. (y)
It will update up to the latest and it's normal that the box does this in a few steps, i.e. after 5.2.7.4 may be 5.2.7.6 and so on.
So basically that TeamWin recovery is still in/on the boot sector of the HHD but I have enable it.... is that right ? and if so can I wipe it completely off so the AmazonTV is just like when I bought it in the Shops ?
No.
You've enabled the stock recovery so the stock amazon update-installer can do it's updates now.
Your OS on the fireTV is now 100% clean amazon, without any traces of TWRP left.
FYI, the bootmenu and twrp wasn't installed on a boot partition, it was installed in a ramdisk placed inside the OS, which gets overwritten from incoming system updates. Therfore it was important to enable the stock recovery in the first place...

TL/DR: the box is now 100% like when you bought it in the Shop.

castone123

Mar 2, 2019
I have a similar problem, i am rooted on 4k stick and can boot into twrp. i dont know if my stick is bricked or what but twrp can not mount any partition. I tried to format storage ,change to ext3 back to ext4, flash stock and rooted rom. the twrp out put says failed to mount '/system' (no such device) on all the partition, along with unable to mount storage.

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
I have a similar problem, i am rooted on 4k stick and can boot into twrp. i dont know if my stick is bricked or what but twrp can not mount any partition. I tried to format storage ,change to ext3 back to ext4, flash stock and rooted rom. the twrp out put says failed to mount '/system' (no such device) on all the partition, along with unable to mount storage.
Take a look in the 4k unlock thread, keyword is GPT-fix...

Reactions: SweenWolf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You don't need to do anything on this screen, it should boot just the fireOS after the timer is gone.
    If this is not the case, something is up (i.e. bricked). Then you need to connect an USB Keyboard, in order to use TWRP for unbricking.

There isn't an english version of the fireOS or TWRP, it's universal, but you can change the language if you like ofc.
    Hi Sus_i
    No what I mean is, it's boots fine from the first screen of Teamwin in to Amazon fireOS but once I am in Amazon main screen all the films,TV programs etc or written & sound all in German, plus if I was to select most of them I get an error message showing
    "Internet connection error" Were unable to connect to Prime Video. Please verify your device internet connection.

Error code: PLR_PRS_CALL_FAILED

BUT may internet is perfectly fine.

What I think I need to do is get into the Teamwin program which I think is the first thing I see saying LEFT button for normal boot (which it defaults to) and after 5 seconds it does or by selecting this RIGHT button as it says to LANCH RECOVERY BUT i can not get the right button to work ?

Do you know is this first screen I see with the 2 options part of Teamwin or is it a Amazon thing (fireOS) ?

Regards
    Paul
    The best is if you ask someone arround you for an USB keyboard...
    or get a logitech k400 from amazon, it's easily to return if you don't like it ;)
    I've ordered a K400 for the morning
    Fingers Cross then for tomorrow :cool:
    Sus_i
    I NEED TO BUY YOU A DRINK (or 2) YES IT WORKED!!! first time too, I can actually see the recovery screen for the very first time THANKS ...... hey now what ? would you think WIPE ? as I just want the Amazon Fire TV back to its normal use (for now) may flog it and get a Amazon Cube, what do you think ? (again thanks a lot for your help)
    If your language preferences are in German then you're going to have to change it on the Amazon website. Mine had got set to Spanish accidentally by my Puerto Rican GF and all my devices changed to Spanish after that.

Go to the Amazon website, on the top right click where it says "Hello wluap..." or whatever your name is. Scroll down past the quick icons and look under "Ordering and Shipping Preferences" and you should find "Language Preferences". Click that and change your language to English.
    Was watching football. My Saints are losing to the Titans and I cant stop yelling at the TV lol

Anyway, you're gonna have to figure out how to move the zip file onto the SD card of your FireTV
    aww please don't leave me hanging now :-( ....I haven't a clue that's why I started to follow your advice/help earlier today, I'm sure I've got all the tools , I've messed about with this type of stuff over the years but haven't for a while now, I just want to know what file to get and to put where etc etc, the adbLink looks good to go, got it all hooked up to my PC/network so have good control, have a empty formatted 2 Gb SD card ready to transfer what ever files it needs, but never messed about on a Amazon FireTV before, I just need some help to get it back to normal cause my son doesn't speak German or me for that matter lol "UP THE SAINTS" !! PS. OR IF SUS_i AND INCOGNEGRO76 ARE STILL ABOUT AND READING THIS ?