Amazon Fire TV

Search This thread

will4958

Jun 13, 2008
What is purpose in rooting since we can now use a drive and the fire has browser now

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

There's also the fact that you're still limited in how you can use an external drive. For instance, I reverted back to the previous build last night because even though I could use my external drive now, there are still some games like Asphalt 8 Airborne that don't give you the option to install a big data pack to an external source. This means that if you're down to around 900 megs on the Fire, you wouldn't be able to install the game because it requires a massive data pack download of about 1 gig. The game is worth it, though. The graphics are almost as good as my Need For Speed Most Wanted game on my 360, in my opinion, anyway.

ilovemymac

May 25, 2011
Nope I use apple other then these for streaming I have nothing android. I know jail breaking does that too but it didn't seem to be a big deal to me.
So I quit doing it just because of the hassle.

I know what root does but the fire TV to me does great things as it is if I want to hack and all that seems a player that is already rooted would be great for that. What do I know lol

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
Nope I use apple other then these for streaming I have nothing android. I know jail breaking does that too but it didn't seem to be a big deal to me.
So I quit doing it just because of the hassle.

I know what root does but the fire TV to me does great things as it is if I want to hack and all that seems a player that is already rooted would be great for that. What do I know lol

No, of course you use Apple....

Reactions: xantanion

nektgen

Jun 17, 2012
Thanks meoduss
o.png

lda19

Jun 9, 2016
Hi. You still have the k700 keyboard working on an amazon fire tv version Fire OS 5.2.1.0? thanks

dwoodman

Mar 27, 2017
Hey there,

My Amazon fire TV has been crashing a lot lately. I don't know what to do. I will be watching a show, movie, or youtube. It will cut off and say no signal for 10 sec then it will restart and show the home screen. What do I do.

moeduss

Feb 19, 2012
Does anyone know why the newest version of kodi 17.1 crypton will not install onto the fire tv?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

moeduss

Feb 19, 2012
Are you on FireOS 3. Kodi 17 & up require Lollipop aka Android 5 aka FireOS 5 or higher to install. Or you'll get a parsing error.

If that is not the case then will need more info to figure it out.
Yes I'm on os 5.2.1.2, every time I tried to install it, it just said installation failed.

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Yes I'm on os 5.2.1.2, every time I tried to install it, it just said installation failed.

If you are on v5.2.1.2 then you shouldn't have this problem. Unless you've made some mods like messing with /databases/mbcache.db files will mess up APK installation or there is a problem with the installed rom. It could also be a problem with the way the apk is named. Make sure there are no spaces or special characters. And that the APK download did not corrupt. Which method are you using to install the APK ? Will need more specifics to figure out your problem.

moeduss

Feb 19, 2012
Are you on FireOS 3. Kodi 17 & up require Lollipop aka Android 5 aka FireOS 5 or higher to install. Or you'll get a parsing error.

If that is not the case then will need more info to figure it out.

If you are on v5.2.1.2 then you shouldn't have this problem. Unless you've made some mods like messing with /databases/mbcache.db files will mess up APK installation or there is a problem with the installed rom. It could also be a problem with the way the apk is named. Make sure there are no spaces or special characters. And that the APK download did not corrupt. Which method are you using to install the APK ? Will need more specifics to figure out your problem.
Haven't changed anything on the Rom, fresh install of the Rom 2 days ago to see if that would work but still no luck, I am using apps to fire app to install them, tried 2 ways direct install and sent it to the sd card and install from there with no install.

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Haven't changed anything on the Rom, fresh install of the Rom 2 days ago to see if that would work but still no luck, I am using apps to fire app to install them, tried 2 ways direct install and sent it to the sd card and install from there with no install.
The way I like to manage Kodi & SPMC fresh installation & upgrades is to install AppStarter first and install from there. Give that a try in case there is a problem with uploading the APK with the methods u tried. Also use ES Explorer to make sure any other version of Kodi is fully uninstall.

Reactions: moeduss

moeduss

Feb 19, 2012
I'll try that, I use es file explorer already, thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Is app starter a Google play store app? Of not where can I get it? Thanks

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
I'll try that, I use es file explorer already, thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Is app starter a Google play store app? Of not where can I get it? Thanks

https://xdaforums.com/fire-tv/themes-apps/app-root-home-launcher-replacement-app-t3118135

https://github.com/sphinx02/AppStarter/wiki/Install-AppStarter-and-Kodi-(only-FireTV-needed)

cooltwou

Feb 10, 2014
I have a question I have a Fire Tablet that is rooted can I use this tablet to access favorites.xml on my Fire TV Second Generation Kodi 17.1 because the favorites showing up from the Trak.tv are not showing up in the right order

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DEVELOPMENT
    Connect Using ADB:
    https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/connect-adb.html

Install APKS:
    https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/app-install.html

APPS Working:
    Adobe Flash with Firefox *Thanks destinal*
    Allcast - Reported
    CBS - Reported
    Charter TV - Reported by Me
    DirectTV App Tablet/Phone - Reported
    Dish Anywhere - Reported
    Dropbox - Works but you cant install apk this way
    Firefox *Thanks PHAMOS1*
    Remote. Media Center TV *Thanks PHAMOS1*
    ES File Explorer *Thanks PHAMOS1*
    MLB TV Premium *FireTv Version* Bypass Restrictions
    MX Player *Thanks PHAMOS1*
    AirReceiver *Thanks PHAMOS1*
    HBO GO *Thanks PHAMOS1*
    TimeWarner App *Thanks georgieff*
    WWE Network - Works
    Xbox Music - Reported
    Xfinity TV Go - Works - Reported
    Xtralogic Remote Desktop Client- Reported

XBMC Versions that work
    Frodo XBMC
    SPMC 12.4.2 *Thanks Koying from XBMC* Download
    SPMC 12.4.2 Launcher Edition *Thank to mastafunk* Download
    XBMC for Ouya 12.3.2 - Download
    Gotham XBMC
    XBMC 13.1 *Thanks Koying from XBMC* - Download

APPS NOT Working:
    Popcorn Time - Reported - Needs Mouse, video very choppy

Live TV with HomeRun Prime:

Ouya Store on Fire TV: Instructions

IPTV Server Setup on Fire TV: Instructions

Emulators:
    ePSXe for Android - Reported
    FPse for Android - Installs but reports that the controllers arent registering correctly - Reported
    Snes9x EX+ - Reported

Hardware Working:
    Keyboards/Mouse
    Logitech K320 - Reported
    Logitech K400r - Reported
    Logitech K520 - Reported
    Logitech K750 - Reported
    Logitech K800 - Reported
    Logitech MX5500 - Reported
    Lenovo Mulitimedia Remote N5902 - Reported
    Hausbell Mini H7 2.4GHz Wireless Entertainment Keyboard with Touchpad for PC
    Mele Pro F10 - *Thanks MejDam*
    DiNovo mini - Keyboard works but no mouse *Thanks DealLQ* - Reported
    FAVI Entertainment SmartStick Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad Mouse - Reported

Controllers
    Xbox 360 Wired - Reported
    Xbox 360 Wireless with Dongle - Reported
    PS4 Wired - Buttons map incorretly FIX
    Ouya Controller - I have tested
    Madcatz Mojo (with dongle) - I have tested
    Moga Controller - Reported

MCE Remote Contro
    ARtec VRC-1100 - Reported

Video Formats:
    720p - Works - SPMC, XBMC for Ouya, gotham release
    1080i - Works - SPMC, XBMC for Ouya, gotham release
    1080p - Works - SPMC, XBMC for Ouya, gotham release

My SPMC Audio Settings:
    DTS%20Settings_thumbnail.jpg

Audio
    DTS: Works (SPMC and XBMC FireTv Version through HDMI and through optical audio)
    Dolby Digital: Works (SPMC and XBMC FireTv Version through HDMI and through optical audio)

Loseless Audio: have these options disabled under system - audio - disable DTS-HD and TrueHD else you'll get nothing but static. DTS-MA files will passthrough as DTS and TrueHD files will be in stereo

Custom Splashscreen

Custom Splashscreen by elmerohueso
    elmerohuesoSplash.jpg

Full Picture
    authors link: http://s2.postimg.org/6zlxaix93/Splash.png

Custom Splashscreen by reaven
    reavenSplash.jpg

Full Picture
    authors link: http://oi59.tinypic.com/2mi409g.jpg

How to Install splash screen:
    move splash.png to platform-tools folder then run the command for your version of XBMC

For XBMC on Ouya Version:
    adb push splash.png /sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/files/.xbmc/media/splash.png

For SPMC Version:
    adb push splash.png /sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/media/splash.png

For Regular XBMC (gotham v13) Version:
    adb push splash.png /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/media/splash.png

Different Launcher
    firelauncher-1.jpg

Modifications on FIre TV
    Root - HERE

Auto boot to XBMC
    AutoPilot - Download
    Once Installed, launch Application and select your XBMC version from the list of apps. Reboot and done.

Block Updates
    You Need to have a Router that is capable of URL Blocking and block the following address.
    http://firs-ta-g7g.amazon.com/
    Spoof Installed location - Thanks to Koying
    adb install -r -i com.amazon.venezia <apk file>

What Doesnt Work
    VC1 decoding - Amazon Doesn't support it
    HD audio (DTSMA and TrueHD) - Android Limitation
    24fps - Android Limitation

Take A ScreenShot Credit to htpcforall
    adb shell screencap -p /storage/emulated/legacy/Pictures/Picture.png
    Why are you even posting that if your sig says you wont help ppl root? because you think you're cool? LMFAO

I wish reading comprehension was focused on more in today's educational establishments. Let me help you with that.

Do NOT email me asking for help rooting your device.

The "Do Not email me" part indicates I don't wish to receive email on the subject.

I posted an image, because I am preparing the package for release right now.

*edit*
    I see you edited your original rude comment,

Why post that if your sig says you wont help ppl root =/ its a slap in the face!

No, slap in the face is the entitlement and rudeness I get from people like you, simply because I don't want personal emails on a subject that could be handled with a PM, or a public forum post.

Instead of waiting for me to finish a releasable, easy to use exploit for it (which I am working on from my hotel room right now), you decide to jump on me for a simple request regarding email in my signature.
    @OP

Please use SPMC 12.4.2 ( http://filez.semperpax.com/5r4ln85l ) instead of 12.3.3 if a Frodo build is preferred for XBMC.
    12.4.x is based on Frodo 12.3 and fixes a nasty video decoding bug.

[EDIT]
    Also, to avoid confusion, it's probably best to remove the reference to "XBMC on Ouya". It's basically the same as SPMC 12.3.3 (which was created because Ouya had to remove DTS/AC3 decoding due to licensing), so superseded by SPMC 12.4.2, too.
    :good: Looks like it has its own section to me:

http://xdaforums.com/fire-tv