Amazon Kindle USB Drivers Windows 8

Search This thread
So for my very first post here on XDA, I though I'd contribute. I would have posted this in the developer forum or even as a reply to Kindle Fire Utility thread, but I got the standard "you're a noob" and can't post here message.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1399889

Kindle Fire Utility tries to install its own drivers, but I got an interesting message claiming

"The current language is not supported by the device driver installation wizard"

And manually trying to install the driver through the hardware resource manager will tell you that either the driver file is corrupt and can not be installed or that the driver file is not designed for the device... ie... It's basically useless.

The solution was to install obtain adt-bundle-windows-x86x_64-20130219 which I either got from Amazon's developers page or Google Android's developers page. To be honest, I was trying to obtain so much information about my Amazon Kindle Fire (1st Generation) and how to unlock it, from so many places that I'm not 100% sure from which source I got the correct driver.

What I am sure about is the driver provided by Kindle Fire Utility didn't work for me. And I don't expect Amazon or Google to make it easy for people to root their devices. It seems as soon as people find away to do so.... These companies patch it up quickly.

So allow me to share with you the drivers that did allow me to install this on Windows 8 Pro 64bit (I do include the 32 bit drivers as well). ;)

In my case I was trying to "reset" an Amazon Kindle Demonstration Model. This is not to be confused with a Kindle in demo mode, but rather a demonstration unit which came with only a locked down version of Amazon's Rom. One which has not settings option or wifi option... ie... Clicking on either will tell you that you have a demonstration unit and there are no settings to play with.

I purchased mine on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/290870029962

You want to first install the Amazon Driver, then the USB Driver (in that order).

DRIVERS = http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/_files_/amazon-usb-drivers.zip

From there I ran the tool and selected "Install Permanent Root with Superuser".

Once that was done I simply booted from the boot menu into the root and wiped all. This basically formated my kindle. Mounted the kindle and uploaded the update.zip file which you obtain from option 6, then 7. Proceeded to have it install. Upon rebooting my Kindle I had a fully functional Amazon Kindle Fire (1st Generation).

Not bad for my 1st post, eh?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 4,059
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 3,399
Last edited:

Hawk600

Sep 24, 2010
Thank you very much OP!
I was really having a hard time to install the drivers on a Windows 8 Pro 64bit PC and your driver worked beautifully!
As you have mentioned KFU drivers won't install on Win 8 64. I wasn't even getting the language error, it was just refusing to install the drivers.
Thanks again!!!

Reactions: Socially Uncensored
I had 1 person contact me on my site, where the drivers are hosted (SociallyUncensored.eu) and claimed that

"its best to use the drivers that come with the utility"

I would personally disagree as those never worked for me, even when following this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2179748

The closest I got it to working using that guide, with those original drives from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1399889

Told me that it had no hardware id (code 10). I think I got another error as well, but I don't recall what it was.....

But if you're one of those people who "really" want to work at it.... I guess you could try the guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2179748 :eek:

The drivers I posted seem to work better. :cool:

A

AndroidSlave

Thanks for your contribution. Keep it up.
Btw- may want to add [Guide] or [How to] in title

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIV using Tapatalk 3

JFenlon

Nov 27, 2009
Doncaster
teesbox.com
Thanks for this, I could do with the Windows 8 drivers for the same reason as you, to root a demo unit.

Can you check the zip file again though please? I'm getting that it is corrupt (tried with WinRAR and Windows Explorer):

"! E:\Downloads\JDownloader\amazon-usb-drivers.zip: CRC failed in amazon-usb-drivers\amazon\kindle_fire_usb_driver\KindleDrivers.exe. The file is corrupt"

myownself

Jun 16, 2012
Rancho Cordova
Same issue

Thanks for this, I could do with the Windows 8 drivers for the same reason as you, to root a demo unit.

Can you check the zip file again though please? I'm getting that it is corrupt (tried with WinRAR and Windows Explorer):

"! E:\Downloads\JDownloader\amazon-usb-drivers.zip: CRC failed in amazon-usb-drivers\amazon\kindle_fire_usb_driver\KindleDrivers.exe. The file is corrupt"

I am getting the same issue. I used a few different zip managers, and all say that file is corrupted.

A

AndroidSlave

Sorry was being jokingly. I personally plugged it in, it asked me for driver location, and I directed it to the unzipped folder...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SV using Tapatalk 3

7zip is your friend

I got a few people telling me that the file is corrupt.

It's not. I've downloaded it and extracted this 3x (on different computers too). I had to format once and forgot to backup this and so my only source was the download.

Install 7zip - 7-zip.org

Download again.

Problem solved.

If its still corrupt, contact your ISP (internet service provider) or check your hardware... You're getting a poor download because your connection sucks. And that's outside my scope (willingness) to help.

That's VERY helpful.
How do you install the drivers on the computer?

My reply will not be as helpful....

If you don't know how to install drivers either using an install program or manually using the inf files .... Rooting a Kindle is not the first thing on your "to do list". Learn how to use drivers, before rooting devices.

I'm not trolling you and not trying not to be helpful, because you're trying to "fly" before you can even "crawl"

lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+you+install+drivers

awidawad

Everybody says they cannot install their drivers on Windows 8. I'm running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit and KFU installs the drivers just as it should after disabling driver signature enforcement. All I did to install mine was disable driver signature enforcement then reboot and run the install_drivers.bat and it successfully installed.

Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
Everybody says they cannot install their drivers on Windows 8. I'm running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit and KFU installs the drivers just as it should after disabling driver signature enforcement. All I did to install mine was disable driver signature enforcement then reboot and run the install_drivers.bat and it successfully installed.

i managed to use this get the drivers working without disabling that. was able to just download and install the drivers. thats it. not hard

BrooklynNY

Nov 16, 2012
Everybody says they cannot install their drivers on Windows 8. I'm running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit and KFU installs the drivers just as it should after disabling driver signature enforcement. All I did to install mine was disable driver signature enforcement then reboot and run the install_drivers.bat and it successfully installed. Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app
Lucky you. Could it be related to the pro edition? Or perhaps the kfu 9.9? I tried a couple of months ago, and I had trouble. (win8, kfu eirlier version)

El Ha$on

Mar 9, 2009
NYC

+1 to this, it did take a while until figured it out but after disabled it worked like a charm.

What needs to be done on windows 8 is do an advanced restart to disable driver signature enforcement

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk HD

mharo007

Jan 1, 2014
Windows 8 and Amazon Drivers

So for my very first post here on XDA, I though I'd contribute. I would have posted this in the developer forum or even as a reply to Kindle Fire Utility thread, but I got the standard "you're a noob" and can't post here message.

Kindle Fire Utility tries to install its own drivers, but I got an interesting message claiming

"The current language is not supported by the device driver installation wizard"

And manually trying to install the driver through the hardware resource manager will tell you that either the driver file is corrupt and can not be installed or that the driver file is not designed for the device... ie... It's basically useless.

The solution was to install obtain adt-bundle-windows-x86x_64-20130219 which I either got from Amazon's developers page or Google Android's developers page. To be honest, I was trying to obtain so much information about my Amazon Kindle Fire (1st Generation) and how to unlock it, from so many places that I'm not 100% sure from which source I got the correct driver.

What I am sure about is the driver provided by Kindle Fire Utility didn't work for me. And I don't expect Amazon or Google to make it easy for people to root their devices. It seems as soon as people find away to do so.... These companies patch it up quickly.

So allow me to share with you the drivers that did allow me to install this on Windows 8 Pro 64bit (I do include the 32 bit drivers as well). ;)

In my case I was trying to "reset" an Amazon Kindle Demonstration Model. This is not to be confused with a Kindle in demo mode, but rather a demonstration unit which came with only a locked down version of Amazon's Rom. One which has not settings option or wifi option... ie... Clicking on either will tell you that you have a demonstration unit and there are no settings to play with.

You want to first install the Amazon Driver, then the USB Driver (in that order).

Once that was done I simply booted from the boot menu into the root and wiped all. This basically formated my kindle. Mounted the kindle and uploaded the update.zip file which you obtain from option 6, then 7. Proceeded to have it install. Upon rebooting my Kindle I had a fully functional Amazon Kindle Fire (1st Generation).

The link do download the Amazon driver and USB drivers is no longer active. Can you provide them? I am also trying to rood a Demo Kindle Fire 1stG and having problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you very much OP!
    I was really having a hard time to install the drivers on a Windows 8 Pro 64bit PC and your driver worked beautifully!
    As you have mentioned KFU drivers won't install on Win 8 64. I wasn't even getting the language error, it was just refusing to install the drivers.
    Thanks again!!!
    Thank you for the crystal-clear instructions! They helped me installing my KF on my girlfrend's notebook.

i managed to use this get the drivers working without disabling that. was able to just download and install the drivers. thats it. not hard