Question Amazon prime music

Search This thread

mt2020

Sep 13, 2009
anybody use Amazon Music? Been using Google, but wanted to try Amazon since free. After installing notice casting option not there. It show on wife's non Samsung phone, but not mine. Nope, cant cast from app.

Anybody able to get this to work, or does it natively work for you? If so, did you k stall from somewhere other than Google play store?

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Google Pixel 3
anybody use Amazon Music? Been using Google, but wanted to try Amazon since free. After installing notice casting option not there. It show on wife's non Samsung phone, but not mine. Nope, cant cast from app.

Anybody able to get this to work, or does it natively work for you? If so, did you k stall from somewhere other than Google play store?
I can't answer your question about casting. I do like Amazon Music though. I use the payed version because the streaming music fidelity is very high. AFAIK Tidel is the only other choice for high fidelity.

mt2020

Sep 13, 2009
OK, for others, figured this out. There is a bug on family plans Prime where only main Prime member can cast. All other family users can only cast if logged in as main account holder... Which screws up personalized playlists.

whoamanwtf

Nov 15, 2008
Best Coast
Mine doesn't work well for casting. If I have it on the TV and am cleaning or whatever where I am not touching my phone it stops every song or two until I touch the phone...

No other service does this for me.

wpscully

Aug 31, 2010
Arlington
Samsung Galaxy S21
Mine doesn't work well for casting. If I have it on the TV and am cleaning or whatever where I am not touching my phone it stops every song or two until I touch the phone...

While I don't use Amazon's music service, I did find that my preferred media player was being limited by the Samsung "Background usage limits". I put the app into the "never sleeping app" list and then it continued to work well when the phone went to sleep or screen locked. Hopefully this willl tip help you.

Reactions: whoamanwtf

mt2020

Sep 13, 2009
So the answer is... Broken. Amazon admits won't work properly with anyone other than Primary Amazon account holder. So, I used my wife's account to log into music and it works, however stupid Amazon didn't keep log in on the app separate from other Amazon apps so all Amazon apps think I'm the primary and that won't cut it, particularly for Amazon shopping as I get her lists and history,.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

While I don't use Amazon's music service, I did find that my preferred media player was being limited by the Samsung "Background usage limits". I put the app into the "never sleeping app" list and then it continued to work well when the phone went to sleep or screen locked. Hopefully this willl tip help you.