Amazon Prime Video Decryption Failure

Search This thread

Brookspeffer

May 28, 2016
Hey all,

I'm trying to stream video through Amazon prime but I keep getting a "Decryption failure" error every time. I've read somewhere that it's because Amazon thinks I'm abroad. I'm in the USA using a G935F (exynos) and running SuperStock rom. Thanks for any help fixing this!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ImCytox

Jun 5, 2017
Fix

I had the same problem. Just use an older version then it should work again. Enjoy :)

andiling

Dec 26, 2008
Just a guess in the blue but Amazon Prime uses Widevine which requires SafetyNet which requires certified devices which requires unmodified system (or Magisk).

yaesudx

Apr 10, 2010
Braunschweig
I have the same problem which started only a few days ago. Tried everything nothing works. S7 edge with superman rom and magisk is ok saftynet is green has nothing to do with that! Where the hell can i get an older Version?

Update:
It is really depending on the latest Amazon Prime Video Version! Running perfectly again with older ones!
I got it from here the last from down
https://amazon-video.en.uptodown.com/android/old

Last edited:

anawim

May 29, 2013
anyone experiencing problems of app crashing or looping when playing video on rooted android tv boxes?

jpedder

Jan 12, 2011
theese solutions didnt work for me..
neither renaming liboemcrypto.so nor using older Version.. tried a couple..

for the magisk users, there's a module called liboemcrypto disabler.. that worked for me.

cheers

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Yogee12345

Jun 14, 2017
How to do so

Iam using light rom and my amazoan prime video is not working
Rename the following file
/system/lib/liboemcrypto.so to /liboemcrypto.so.bak how to do this plzz explain

frwerewolf

Jan 12, 2013
Rename the following file
/system/lib/liboemcrypto.so to /liboemcrypto.so.bak

hi
how to do that ? when i try to rename it system tells me that renaming impossible because "device or resource bysy"
(note 9 android 8.1)

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Worked perfectly, thank you!

worked perfect for Prime ans Netflix

Thanks a lot !!

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

theese solutions didnt work for me..
neither renaming liboemcrypto.so nor using older Version.. tried a couple..

for the magisk users, there's a module called liboemcrypto disabler.. that worked for me.

cheers

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

worked perfect for Prime video and Netflix

Thanks a lot

Top Liked Posts