amFilm Ultra Glass Screen Protector

Search This thread

whartonsprinter

Sep 14, 2013
I have used another brand adhesive based screen protector on my expensive Samsung, curved screen phones (Note 8, S10+, now S20+) a few times, each time with limited success. This one seems to have the best qualities without much of the headaches. The difference seems to be two fold - 1) the glass does not curve to fit the screen. On my S20+, it is a flat glass, which covers the screen perfectly, given the small bezel of the S20+ and 2) the weight provided, to be placed on the fingerprint reader during installation.

The Samsung curved Gorilla Glass, while attractive and smooth, does not like screen protectors when used with a case. The fact that this is a flat screen works well with my case (a generic silicon case).

The fingerprint recognition worked immediately, without having to re-register my fingerprint.

The screen is slick - almost slippery - but is just as sensitive to the touch as the naked glass. An added benefit seems to be it's oleophobic (no fingerprints) ability. It doesn't pick up any fingerprints.

Installation is easy, if you take your time and follow directions. Use the level. Clean the screen. Open the adhesive from the proper end. wait for the adhesive to cover the entire screen, and then, wait some more. Use the UV light for the proscribed time. I read some negative reviews here and it is apparent that directions are not being followed. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS! This isn't rocket science, people.

Botoom line - this is better in many ways to the alternative adhesive screen protector that is on Amazon, and I paid about $10 less. I would do it again, and will for my wife's phone.

I purchased this screen protector and am not being paid to write this review.

xela19115

Dec 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 7
I have used another brand adhesive based screen protector on my expensive Samsung, curved screen phones (Note 8, S10+, now S20+) a few times, each time with limited success. This one seems to have the best qualities without much of the headaches. The difference seems to be two fold - 1) the glass does not curve to fit the screen. On my S20+, it is a flat glass, which covers the screen perfectly, given the small bezel of the S20+ and 2) the weight provided, to be placed on the fingerprint reader during installation.

The Samsung curved Gorilla Glass, while attractive and smooth, does not like screen protectors when used with a case. The fact that this is a flat screen works well with my case (a generic silicon case).

The fingerprint recognition worked immediately, without having to re-register my fingerprint.

The screen is slick - almost slippery - but is just as sensitive to the touch as the naked glass. An added benefit seems to be it's oleophobic (no fingerprints) ability. It doesn't pick up any fingerprints.

Installation is easy, if you take your time and follow directions. Use the level. Clean the screen. Open the adhesive from the proper end. wait for the adhesive to cover the entire screen, and then, wait some more. Use the UV light for the proscribed time. I read some negative reviews here and it is apparent that directions are not being followed. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS! This isn't rocket science, people.

Botoom line - this is better in many ways to the alternative adhesive screen protector that is on Amazon, and I paid about $10 less. I would do it again, and will for my wife's phone.

I purchased this screen protector and am not being paid to write this review.

Does the fingerprint sensor work?

frederick.joe

Jan 31, 2019
I recently bought a tempered glass on amazon for my Samsung S20 Plus and got it delivered a month ago. Was eager to try it on and upon trying I realized that it won't stick well around the curved edges. Sadly I wasted 800rs on that. Then my cousin refered me a screen protector from GadgetShieldz, he had been using the same for his Samsung S20 which had a curved screen as well. At first while purchasing I was afraid because I had to apply the product to the phone. But after reffering to their "How to?" videos, I got it perfect the first time. If you too are confused like I was, feel free to follow the below link and check out their collection. They have body protectors too if you want transparent protection for body!