• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[AML+Magisk+TWRP][MOD][26/08][v8] Stereo Speaker Mod For Oneplus 6

Search This thread

Dmitriy9119

Nov 26, 2014
hello. Thanks for mod. Tested it on oos 9 beta 5 and android 8.1 (5.1.11)
There is one problem.
Problem is spontaneous switching phone to vibrate mode.
Evev when stock sound mode is enable, by hardware button.
Fix it, please.
Thanks

Last edited:

FraRu

Oct 19, 2013
Besana In Brianza (MB)
Stereo Speaker Mod

I've been working on adapting the Stereo Mod to be easier to work with and have converted it to a Unity module (meaning it now supports both Magisk and standard recovery ZIP install.) I have also added full AML support meaning it will work seamlessly with or without other sound mods and with or without the AML module itself.

If you plan to use the module with other sound mods - I recommend you flash AML (from Magisk - you will find it in the downloads section of the app) and this version of the mod. It will automatically be detected as an AML mod and should work with all other sound mods.

Feel free to adapt my code as you see fit!

Links

Download: Releases
Source Code: Repo

Install Steps

Download ZIP
Install ZIP through either Magisk (will install as a module) or TWRP (will install as a system mod.)
(optional) If you plan to use AML - please install (or reinstall) it at this point. If already installed - you will need to reinstall it twice - once to remove, again to reinstall.
Reboot

Uninstall Steps
Download ZIP
Flash ZIP through either Magisk or TWRP and this will trigger an uninstall.
Reboot

Problems?

If you have any problems with the mod - please tell me the following:

- What's not working properly?
- What ROM are you using?
- What vendor version are you using? (if on OOS - this will be your actual OOS version)

Credits

This is entirely based on the hard work of acervenky - all I've done here is improve on his already incredible work! You can find his original post here.

Hey there, can you update your module with acervenky V4 that supports Pie?

pb82000

Mar 28, 2017
Perfect

It works perfectly for me with Magisk.
I installed the v8 on Android Pie

It improve a lot the audio quality.

Great job !

mv0hra

Aug 6, 2005
This has stopped working for the latest OP6 update 9.0.2. It was fine on 9.0.1.

mv0hra

Aug 6, 2005
Thought I try the module for the OP6t, as the latest update (9.0.2) for OP6 has meant that the stereo speaker module is not working.
The OP6t module did not work, in fact it messed up the pattern lock which meant I could not get into the phone.
So if you are going to try that module (https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/themes/magisk-stereo-speaker-mod-oneplus-6t-t3860041) then ensure you wipe any security lock.
I had to use magisk uninstaller, in TWRP, to disable the module and get back into the phone.

Last edited:

heitoradv

Sep 6, 2012
OnePlus 6
Yay, I found out the problem thanks to your suggestion. I was using this "package" Magisk Module: V4A, Ainur Sauron, AML and Stereo Speaker Mod.
After trying WETAmod (Audio), the Stereo Speaker Mod did not work, so I think the mistake must be on my side.
I was following this order: Flash V4A -> Flash AML -> Reboot -> Flash Ainur Sauron -> Reboot -> Flash Stereo Speaker Mod -> Reboot ===> Stereo Speaker Mod wont work this way
Turn out, the issue was the Ainur Sauron blocking Stereo Speaker Mod from AML.
The correct order is: Flash V4A -> Reboot -> Flash Stereo -> Flash AML -> Reboot -> Flash Ainur Sauron -> Reboot ===> Now, I got bluetooth & Stereo Speaker Mod working

Thanks for your kind support, Bigs1985 :D:D:D
What is the benefit of installing all these mods?

Enviado de meu ONEPLUS A6000 usando o Tapatalk

fattymcdirty

Jan 6, 2010
@chrisaw Wuld you perhaps be able to help me?
I own a MI 8 and there is actually a working stereo MOD for it which is working - but NOT with AML.
So when I use V4A or Dolby, stereo is gone.

What should be modded to it, to make it AML compatible?

Could you take a look into it?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi...nes-volume-boost-t3828314/page25#post78660110

The DEV made a AML version, which sadly doesnt work :(
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78610276&postcount=222

Jsu a hint? :) Would be loads appreciated!

Reactions: JOKER.SOHA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stereo Speaker Mod

I've been working on adapting the Stereo Mod to be easier to work with and have converted it to a Unity module (meaning it now supports both Magisk and standard recovery ZIP install.) I have also added full AML support meaning it will work seamlessly with or without other sound mods and with or without the AML module itself.

If you plan to use the module with other sound mods - I recommend you flash AML (from Magisk - you will find it in the downloads section of the app) and this version of the mod. It will automatically be detected as an AML mod and should work with all other sound mods.

Feel free to adapt my code as you see fit!

Links

Download: Releases
    Source Code: Repo

Install Steps

1. Download ZIP
    2. Install ZIP through either Magisk (will install as a module) or TWRP (will install as a system mod.)
    3. (optional) If you plan to use AML - please install (or reinstall) it at this point. If already installed - you will need to reinstall it twice - once to remove, again to reinstall.
    4. Reboot

Uninstall Steps
    • Download ZIP
    • Flash ZIP through either Magisk or TWRP and this will trigger an uninstall.
    • Reboot

Problems?

If you have any problems with the mod - please tell me the following:

- What's not working properly?
    - What ROM are you using?
    - What vendor version are you using? (if on OOS - this will be your actual OOS version)

Credits

This is entirely based on the hard work of acervenky - all I've done here is improve on his already incredible work! You can find his original post here.
    It literally says EXACTLY what the differences are in the main post dude!

- AML support
    - Unity support

This basically means:

- This can work flawlessly with other audio mods.
    - This can work with or without Magisk.

Yay, I found out the problem thanks to your suggestion. I was using this "package" Magisk Module: V4A, Ainur Sauron, AML and Stereo Speaker Mod.
    After trying WETAmod (Audio), the Stereo Speaker Mod did not work, so I think the mistake must be on my side.
    I was following this order: Flash V4A -> Flash AML -> Reboot -> Flash Ainur Sauron -> Reboot -> Flash Stereo Speaker Mod -> Reboot ===> Stereo Speaker Mod wont work this way
    Turn out, the issue was the Ainur Sauron blocking Stereo Speaker Mod from AML.
    The correct order is: Flash V4A -> Reboot -> Flash Stereo -> Flash AML -> Reboot -> Flash Ainur Sauron -> Reboot ===> Now, I got bluetooth & Stereo Speaker Mod working

Thanks for your kind support, Bigs1985 :D:D:D
    Yes flash weta dual speaker