• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question AMOLED Black theme?

Search This thread

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Is there a way to get the settings menu, quick settings, notification panel pure black and not grey? Seems whichever wallpaper I set (even solid black) it's not adhering to it...

Might have to wait until substratum can be used if not!

PhilipL2021

Oct 27, 2021
The irony of their colour scheme was not lost on me. I think they did this for a bit of retro feel so it looks like an LCD panel.

Come on Google, I know your designers are probably just 12 years old, but surely there are still some older people there that remember the light bleed issues of LCD displays of old, and that OLED was sold on being able to produce real blacks.

Reactions: cd993

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
I'm trying to find a wallpaper that is as black as possible, so the system themes it accordingly. But also one that doesn't have a tint to everything... Any recommendations? I just want notification panel etc to be black if possible but also for buttons ect to be a plain colour without a warm'ish tint to them...especially text, like I want that to be white whereas seems the system is adding a tint?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The irony of their colour scheme was not lost on me. I think they did this for a bit of retro feel so it looks like an LCD panel.

Come on Google, I know your designers are probably just 12 years old, but surely there are still some older people there that remember the light bleed issues of LCD displays of old, and that OLED was sold on being able to produce real blacks.