• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General An end to Magisk?

Search This thread

kingozilla

Sep 12, 2020
Saudi Arabia
The project was free, and this is the problem. I'm pretty sure if Magisk was paid and it guarantee him just 70% of what he get from Google he will continue in Magisk, because he loves that.
But he should've ended the project from the second he joint Google. What he is doing now with continuing the project with no Magisk Hide and no Module download or even easily installing modules from Zip is a farce honestly, I don't see what's the "professional" he assume in his article.
Magisk v23.0 will stay here for a long time and alot of people will use it indefinitely.

gfrank227

Feb 12, 2018
Moto G8 Plus
Hide my applist and the detection app they give with it. From what I understand
I can now confirm this.
You install an exposed framework. I do not use Edxposed because the framework itself trips safetynet. Rather, I have been using for some time now an Exposed Framework called TaiChi.

I disabled MagiskHide and installed this Exposed module. After rebooting, SafetyNet is still OK.

I would recommend to people that they do something like this NOW, BEFORE MagiskHide is completely gone (or before it becomes dated), so they are not scrambling when SafetyNet fails.

It's funny because there aren't too many xposed modules left. that I have found useful...but this one works.

I can now confirm this.
You install an exposed framework. I do not use Edxposed because the framework itself trips safetynet. Rather, I have been using for some time now an Exposed Framework called TaiChi.

I disabled MagiskHide and installed this Exposed module. After rebooting, SafetyNet is still OK.

I would recommend to people that they do something like this NOW, BEFORE MagiskHide is completely gone (or before it becomes dated), so they are not scrambling when SafetyNet fails.

It's funny because there aren't too many xposed modules left. that I have found useful...but this one works.
Did you select everything you had selected in magisk hide, also did you select magisk manager?

gfrank227

Feb 12, 2018
Moto G8 Plus
Did you select everything you had selected in magisk hide, also did you select magisk manager?
Upon further testing, I realized it is still dependent on magisk hide. It only passes safety net once magiskhide has been activated.
But I didn't do extensive setup... So I'm honestly not sure how it works.
The difference is that safety net continues to pass even once magiskhide is disabled again, even after a reboot.

hallo dare

Jan 23, 2012
So magisk has been updated and magisk hide has been removed. How do we pass safetynet now?

chetqwerty

Jan 10, 2009
Why update at all? Latest stable v23 works fine for me on OB1 and still passes safetynet.
I 100% agree with this. I'll be on v23 till they pry it out of my cold dead hands. I run too many banking apps and their clones along with other Magisk checking apps to have to have to choose between my digital freedom and functionality.

Because there will be a time that version gets deprecated and Google decides to pull a fast one. Better be prepared and get into good habits with the latest releases.

Simple solution to that is don't update whenever possible is what works for me. So many scramble to get the latest updates installed - why? Does your phone work the way you want it too? Anything not working properly that is specifically addressed in an update? Pass. Oh but the "security" updates right right right. IMHO they address googles security concerns, where you can threaten their security and their ability to monetize beyond the grand you just spent for the phone. Not to get all "tin hat-y" here but the second I root my devices all google crap I'm able to remove from my phone is gone. Just came from a de-googled Pixel 3XL (the irony right!) locked down running Pie, Magisk 19, and security update 12/19. I won't be offended getting 100 comments saying I'm ignorant but like I said, works for me. Besides, I'm patient I can wait for a fork that reinstates the ability to hide root, if I ever need it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" - Harvey Dent
    Dear all,
    I'd love to see great discussion here on various topics as we spark new ideas among different comments, but when everyone lost the temper and started to point fingers, the thread is hijacked and lost its original purpose.

Hence, I have to remove some posts from this thread to keep it on topic. Please remember this is a thread on Magisk. No more derail is allowed after this mod post.

Thanks for understanding.

Jerry
    Forum Moderator
    I heard through a few other people that another developer might take over? Does anyone know anything about this?
    Don't trust anything you hear the doesn't come directly from John (keep an eye on his Twitter).
    Hopefully, if they won't allow him to continue it, he can hand the reins on to someone proficient enough to carry on his excellent work, maybe even helping them keep it working.