An IDE app for makers and coders on you Android phone.

Search This thread

_fuusio

Feb 1, 2021
I have lot of hobby projects going on, Rasberry Pi related projects, my smart home project, and mobile app development especially for Android. I wanted to create a mobile app which I can use quickly to create scripts for various tasks, build UIs for controlling my smart home devices, for triggering IFTTT actions, etc. During last few years I have been developing an Android application which is actually an IDE for developing small applications and scripts. Development is based on visual programming using a language which is Lisp under the hood but looks like Kotlin.

If you are interesting on using an IDE app, take a look at my blog and the app site for the app called FLX. I am looking for ideas to add new capabilities and features. Right now I have support for HTTP, JSON, IFTTT, Java reflection API, file system, and for some Android APIs. At the moment I am implementing a MQTT client API so that I can use FLX applets for controlling MQTT devices.

My web site: https://floxp.app

_fuusio

Feb 1, 2021
These are features that I'm considering to add as extensions to FLX:

1. MQTT (This one I have already under development, because I need it myself)
2. Android Surface & Canvas API for drawing arbitrary 2D graphics - not for game development.
3. NFC API: Reading and writing NFC tags
4. Sensors API (I have made some experimenting with sensors, like acceleration sensors)
5. Bluetooth API. This one I probably need for making an interface with Lego Mindstorms.
6. Beanshell integration. I have previously used Beanshell in some projects. Really liked it.
7. Something else?

What do you think? What features would you like to see in an app like FLX?

Reactions: -CALIBAN666-

_fuusio

Feb 1, 2021
Actually, I just implemented Beanshell integration to FLX app - it was way easier than I expected. Now it possible to add a BeanShell script into visual code and execute it using the beanshell(script, variable*) function (see the images.

Also implemented Sensors API for sensors: acceleration, linear acceleration, gravity, pressure, ambient temperature, light, an significant motion (see the images).

flx_beanshell_script.jpg
flx_sensor_api.jpg

Last edited:

_fuusio

Feb 1, 2021
New version 1.2.0 is now available from Google Play store (see app's web site: https://floxp.app). This major update brings a new Repository UI for managing and using resources and a re-styled dark mode UI. Version 1.3.0 will finally introduce MQTT extensions with a MQTT sample applet.

_fuusio

Feb 1, 2021
FLX v1.2.3 is now available (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flx) and provides an API for implementing fully customisable MQTT clients. The app provides a project template for creating a simple client. v1.2.4 will provide a project template with UI for FLX applets that implement a generic MQTT client. Users can then modify this template based applet.

You can use this public web socket based front end for the HiveMQ broker for testing your MQTT applet: http://www.hivemq.com/demos/websocket-client/

_fuusio

Feb 1, 2021
SaaS. I don't like it.
Do you happen to understand what SaaS actually stands for? In case you do, then could you explain what Software as a Service has to do with an app which you use yourself to develop applications you want (or can) without any subscription and without any hosting of the things you develop. So, you comment does not make any sense to me ...

FanboyStudios

May 11, 2015
www.YouTube.com
Do you happen to understand what SaaS actually stands for? In case you do, then could you explain what Software as a Service has to do with an app which you use yourself to develop applications you want (or can) without any subscription and without any hosting of the things you develop. So, you comment does not make any sense to me ...

Okay, as long as it doesn't have a subscription and doesn't cost a fortune then that's fine. Too many apps these days want to be SaaS, even for stuff the has no legitimately good reason to do so.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have lot of hobby projects going on, Rasberry Pi related projects, my smart home project, and mobile app development especially for Android. I wanted to create a mobile app which I can use quickly to create scripts for various tasks, build UIs for controlling my smart home devices, for triggering IFTTT actions, etc. During last few years I have been developing an Android application which is actually an IDE for developing small applications and scripts. Development is based on visual programming using a language which is Lisp under the hood but looks like Kotlin.

If you are interesting on using an IDE app, take a look at my blog and the app site for the app called FLX. I am looking for ideas to add new capabilities and features. Right now I have support for HTTP, JSON, IFTTT, Java reflection API, file system, and for some Android APIs. At the moment I am implementing a MQTT client API so that I can use FLX applets for controlling MQTT devices.

My web site: https://floxp.app
    These are features that I'm considering to add as extensions to FLX:

1. MQTT (This one I have already under development, because I need it myself)
    2. Android Surface & Canvas API for drawing arbitrary 2D graphics - not for game development.
    3. NFC API: Reading and writing NFC tags
    4. Sensors API (I have made some experimenting with sensors, like acceleration sensors)
    5. Bluetooth API. This one I probably need for making an interface with Lego Mindstorms.
    6. Beanshell integration. I have previously used Beanshell in some projects. Really liked it.
    7. Something else?

What do you think? What features would you like to see in an app like FLX?
    Actually, I just implemented Beanshell integration to FLX app - it was way easier than I expected. Now it possible to add a BeanShell script into visual code and execute it using the beanshell(script, variable*) function (see the images.

Also implemented Sensors API for sensors: acceleration, linear acceleration, gravity, pressure, ambient temperature, light, an significant motion (see the images).

flx_beanshell_script.jpg
    flx_sensor_api.jpg
    FYI: I open sourced the FLX Lisp implementation which is powering the FLX visual language execution: https://github.com/Fuusio/flx-lisp

The repo contains also a REPL app for trying out the FLX Lisp.
    New version 1.2.0 is now available from Google Play store (see app's web site: https://floxp.app). This major update brings a new Repository UI for managing and using resources and a re-styled dark mode UI. Version 1.3.0 will finally introduce MQTT extensions with a MQTT sample applet.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone