• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

And this is why the OnePlus 5 isn't $439

Search This thread

Chaphasilor

Mar 24, 2017
The 3 or 3T (don't remember, to lazy to open youtube) also had an #extremeunboxing inside a fighter yet, this one was probably way cheaper.
But I agree, OP doesn't need those videos. I honestly don't think tech enthusiasts will get lure with videos like this.

Reactions: compuguy1088

OcazPrime

Mar 30, 2016
oh cmon.... be a little lighthearted this was kind of funny and gets more exposure for oneplus. Why does everyone think OnePlus is the symbol of perfection making mistakes.... theyre trying to have fun with something their proud of.

sjs87

Jan 17, 2012
I agree that while this was a useless ad, as was mentioned before the OP3's extreme unboxing video definitely would have cost them a lot more. It doesn't cost that all that much to rent a lambo for the day considering that aventador is nearly a half million dollar car. (a close friend of mine rented one for his last birthday at a VERY reasonably price point) Obviously there's more than the cost of the car with ads such as this but it's still significantly less than a fighter jet + pilot for the day.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't regret my OP5 but it really feels that the money used on all the 'hype' could be better spent.

Sigh this isn't a hate comment: they're becoming quite like the rest of the other companies. Thing is I don't rev think they need such things to sell their porosity.
    The 3 or 3T (don't remember, to lazy to open youtube) also had an #extremeunboxing inside a fighter yet, this one was probably way cheaper.
    But I agree, OP doesn't need those videos. I honestly don't think tech enthusiasts will get lure with videos like this.
    I feel like advertising budget really doesn't affect a comapny like OP as much as people think. They are owned by some of the richest smartphone companies in the world.

But I do agree that this is a stupid advert.