I clean flashed .107 (Customized EU) on my J9110. Worked very well for the first few hours, then started lagging like crazy. Half the apps wouldn't open and would just freeze or crash on their splash screen.
Camera viewfinder would stay black for like 20 seconds before loading and then stuttering while trying to record a video or take a picture.
It got worse as time passed, I wasn't even home and it was borderline unusable because it would freeze when answering calls as well.
Very unusual behaviour.
The only good thing I can report about .107 was that the fingerprint scanner performance was much better than previous builds.
Flashed back to .49 for now and all is well.
One thing to note was that no matter how many times I redownloaded it, I was unable to flash .107 with NewFlasher, it would display a signature verification failure error when flashing one of the 'OEM' files.
Compiled the downloaded .107 ROM into an FTF and I flashed it with Flashtool instead and I had no errors. I wonder if that had something to do with the problems I faced.
Upgraded via a clean install with Sony companion repair function:
- fingerprint sensor works better so far
- camera app much faster opening/processing photos
- better night Photos (need more testing)
- Maybe a placebo effect, but i notice stronger vibration
- Gestures navigation, dark theme
- can't resize widgets to a smaller size than before in home screen
- new WiFi default setting: by default each WiFi network Mac is set as "random MAC", can toggle between use device MAC or random
- Removed face unlocking option
Complete & utter nonsense, the Xperia 1 is "abandoned" because we got the August patch and that's it?... At least we're actually getting the security patches on time, if you've owned a Xperia device before you know how Sony do things, instead of rolling out half-assed fixes that don't hold up or become more buggy (Samsung) they take time to fully resolve the issues then roll out the updates
Sony put so much emphasis on the camera's of the Xperia 1 to show they're listening to consumers, they made it clear to us that the Alpha team is working closely, although this is irrelevant to the topic, it's hard to see such ignorance and say nothing..
I'll also like to add my signal is fine in the UK on EE :good:
Some improvements brought by the Sony Xperia 1 55.0.A.6.16 update:
· Improved screen touch experience
· 960fps Ultra-slow motion video focus performance improvement
· Photo zoom drop frame improvement
· Resolved the recognition rate of finger placement on the fingerprint recognition module for a long time The problem
of falling ·Improved the working efficiency of fingerprint recognition sensor after fingerprint recognition test.
You can check whether there is any change. In addition, the album circle still exists,